• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Matthew Frazier

Imma Jesus Freak baby ;D
Dec 6, 2017
Texas
✟32,446.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
My suffering is endless, and God has destined me for failure. It all started with childhood medical trauma (private matter, no questions please) when I was a kid, which people have used as an excuse to bully me as well as distrust in my ability to function, even though I don’t remember much of that time period and theres medical proof I’ve long since recovered.

Then comes college several years after receiving Christ as my savior, and found this to be the perfect opportunity to strengthen my faith through seemingly wholesome Bible study groups and church. But the church that I previously gave my life and resources to ended up being a place notorious for abusing its members, with many of the people who I have previously called friends there having condemned me for being “too honest”, “offensive”, and “heathen” for just simply reaching out for help in the midst of my academic struggles. This has happened after disagreeing with the church’s beliefs.

People in ALL my Bible study groups/churches so far have proven to be hypocritical and self-absorbed, with many people I’ve called best friends in my former faith groups ceasing contact with me or unfollowing me after making my transition to grad school, leaving those church settings or even something tiny like a disagreement or some off-hand remark taken the wrong way. I’m like a prostitute in a one night stand; I get into the heat of a short moment without love. Even when I have been slow to find new friends of any kind because of my negative experiences I’ve still been condemned for expressing my fear in response to so many hurts. So much for Matthew 18:20.

Going off my inability to serve God or His people in any way, I’m also unable to find love. While I humiliate myself with attempts to date I gaze at all the people flashing their dating/marriage lives in my face. I’m terrified of offending God’s daugthers in any way even when I’ve done no wrong, due to my last church imposing legalism on dating, marriage and sexual desire. When I meet girls, especially Christian girls, it’s like any time I show love, whether its platonic or sexual, romantic or Godly, all of them just pass me off as another sexual predator because of previous negative experiences. Sorry for the rant. Please don’t call me crazy or weak in faithcomedy of errors called. I’m just looking for God’s love even though I’m a pitiful excuse of a sinner.

My questions I pose here that I need truth and encouragement spoken into are these:
  1. Does God hate me????
  2. Am I really as screwed up as people say I am?
  3. Have I committed too many sins and mistakes to even be of use in God’s Kingdom or go to heaven? In my experience all His Kingdom seems to be about is keeping a list of all my wrongs and embarrassments.
  4. This isnt at all important, I need God more than a GF but I am still interested in finding romance, yet I feel incapable. Am I an unlovable and boring nerd with nothing to offer?
  5. Did God create me with so called spiritual gifts? Or am I completely useless pain in the tail as fellow Christians have demonstrated towards me?
  6. How can I be at peace with God’s sons and daugthers and making friends after so many instances of Christians living in contrary to His faithfulness?

Kevin Snow

May 14, 2018
Wesley Chapel
✟24,373.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Single
So I always take pains to have a clear conscience toward both God and man. ~Acts 24:16

It doesn't seem you can say this of yourself. It's time to repent and seek God. You are unstable but God is able to bring you back to balance. Seek him and he will do this for you.

The people are also unstable but this doesn't mean you are right. We still must show ourselves to be above reproach, whether they do or not.

Upvote 0

Matthew Frazier

Imma Jesus Freak baby ;D
Dec 6, 2017
Texas
✟32,446.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
So I always take pains to have a clear conscience toward both God and man. ~Acts 24:16

It doesn't seem you can say this of yourself. It's time to repent and seek God. You are unstable but God is able to bring you back to balance. Seek him and he will do this for you.

The people are also unstable but this doesn't mean you are right. We still must show ourselves to be above reproach, whether they do or not.
Thanks for the Word. This is the first bit of reliable encouragement I've read from a fellow Christian in a long time without being condemning or convoluted. Much appreciated

Upvote 0

Kevin Snow

May 14, 2018
Wesley Chapel
✟24,373.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Single
Thanks for the Word. This is the first bit of reliable encouragement I've read from a fellow Christian in a long time without being condemning or convoluted. Much appreciated
I am at your service. You are welcome.

Upvote 0

Paul of Eugene OR

Finally Old Enough
Site Supporter
May 3, 2014
✟256,002.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
  1. Does God hate me????
No, God loves you and Christ died to save you.

Am I really as screwed up as people say I am?

Its possible, we are all screwed up, it is the human condition. You have already noticed how people aren't always consistently acting like Christians.

Have I committed too many sins and mistakes to even be of use in God’s Kingdom or go to heaven? In my experience all His Kingdom seems to be about is keeping a list of all my wrongs and embarrassments.

You have not. But you have to turn to doing what is right. But many christians are mixed up about what God wants them to do and wind up being judgemental instead of loving.

This isnt at all important, I need God more than a GF but I am still interested in finding romance, yet I feel incapable. Am I an unlovable and boring nerd with nothing to offer?

God most likely has something really great lined up for you along that line but you have to be very very patient before it comes about . . . maybe even a couple of years.

Did God create me with so called spiritual gifts? Or am I completely useless pain in the tail as fellow Christians have demonstrated towards me?

God created you with some gifts of course. Give them a little time to become manifested.

How can I be at peace with God’s sons and daugthers and making friends after so many instances of Christians living in contrary to His faithfulness?

If you follow God's instructions to pray for them regularly this will be taken care of, partly in answer to your prayers.

Upvote 0

Matthew Frazier

Imma Jesus Freak baby ;D
Dec 6, 2017
Texas
✟32,446.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
No, God loves you and Christ died to save you.

Its possible, we are all screwed up, it is the human condition. You have already noticed how people aren't always consistently acting like Christians.

You have not. But you have to turn to doing what is right. But many christians are mixed up about what God wants them to do and wind up being judgemental instead of loving.

God most likely has something really great lined up for you along that line but you have to be very very patient before it comes about . . . maybe even a couple of years.

God created you with some gifts of course. Give them a little time to become manifested.

If you follow God's instructions to pray for them regularly this will be taken care of, partly in answer to your prayers.
Amen, thanks big time! God bless you

Upvote 0

Kristen.NewCreation

Jul 11, 2007
Visit site
✟303,894.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
This thread has been moved from General Struggles to Recovery Related Spiritual Advice.

Please read the Statement of Purpose if you haven't posted in this forum before.
Thank you for your continued support of members in the recovery area.

Upvote 0