Boyertown, PA.
✟768,575.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
It's interesting. He doesn't fit Christian concept of the Second Coming, but I can't fault the story writers for that, since having an all powerful Jesus that is true God and true Man screws up a lot of story telling genres and conventions when it comes to entertainment. But the actor who plays "Al Masih" does seem to fit the popular conception of a New Testament like messiah coming into the contemporary times.

Reactions: 2PhiloVoid

2PhiloVoid

Get my point, Web-Maker ???
Site Supporter
Oct 28, 2006
The Void!
✟1,130,864.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
It's interesting. He doesn't fit Christian concept of the Second Coming, but I can't fault the story writers for that, since having an all powerful Jesus that is true God and true Man screws up a lot of story telling genres and conventions when it comes to entertainment. But the actor who plays "Al Masih" does seem to fit the popular conception of a New Testament like messiah coming into the contemporary times.

My wife and I are watching it, too. It's produced by the same folks who made the mini-series "A.D" a few years ago.

Reactions: Pavel Mosko
Upvote 0

timothyu

Dec 31, 2018
up there
✟306,394.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Do you think their vagueness is to get people to think before making decisions? It could very well be a warning to use discernment before accepting what may seem like the/a Messiah. People fail to use discernment in daily life when picking leaders, so why should this be different. Perhaps it is a statement against blind allegiance like we are seeing today in politics.

Upvote 0

Pavel Mosko

Arch-Dude of the Apostolic
Site Supporter
Oct 4, 2016
Boyertown, PA.
✟768,575.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
I think the vagueness is a good story telling strategy/device. I think the overall portrayal of this Messiah is positive. Compared to certain false messiahs like Bar Kockba, Jim Jones etc. he seems pretty benevolent.

What I like about his portrayal is he is kind of "Above it all". So the series doesn't pander to Christians being something that is super pro Christian doctrine, but kind of does the same with Islam and Judaism. So the would be messiah seems to make multiple different groups unhappy as he tries to do what "His Father" wants him to do.

• Agree
Upvote 0

timothyu

Dec 31, 2018
up there
✟306,394.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
I like what was said near the beginning. 'They pretend to teach God's word and all they do is twist it's meaning.' That immediately makes this applicable to all religions. Three branches of Abraham fight and yet all are guilty of what was said. Christians are no less guilty than Muslims when it comes to twisting God's word to suit their own purposes.

Such has been the way of man since the beginning. Our will be done... not His. We forget how small we are in the big picture... a picture that is not even ours but belongs to God.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Hank77

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,106,553.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
My wife and I are watching it, too. It's produced by the same folks who made the mini-series "A.D" a few years ago.
Roma Downey and her husband Mark Burnett also produced the History Channel's miniseries The Bible in 2013 among others.

As President of Lightworkers Media, the family and faith division of MGM, Downey and her husband, Mark Burnett, produced the Emmy-nominated miniseries The Bible for History channel which was watched by over 100 million people in the United States.
Roma Downey - Wikipedia

I haven't watched Messiah yet but it's on my list.

Upvote 0

HatedByAll

Changed by the Grace of God
Sep 13, 2019
Southeast
✟61,994.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I have only watched the trailer you have posted and will not watch the series until it is available somewhere for free. But, from what I saw of the trailer for the show, this "messiah" could very well turn out to be the antichrist at the end of the series.

We know that when Jesus comes back the second time, how it will be. Basically one battle and it is over. All will then bow the knee. This coming back is not what is depicted in that trailer. Thus, I will say, there are two possibilities that could happen when this show concludes. We could learn that this is simply the way a modern believer would expect the messiah to act in the modern age. Or, the series could end with a great deception with the antichrist successfully causing a great multitude to fall away from God.

Now having said all that, I am drawing a conclusion just from watching the trailer, so my opinion should not mean much, but I wanted to present it anyway. :preach:

Upvote 0

timothyu

Dec 31, 2018
up there
✟306,394.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Never the less the parallels thus far to Jesus in the first episode are quite a nice concept. I particularly enjoyed His words at the campfire in the desert. Forget what we assume we know about God, relying on the words of clerics . Christianity needs to hear more of that also. People would probably return to church.

Upvote 0

timothyu

Dec 31, 2018
up there
✟306,394.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Well that was an entirely enjoyable binge watch. Excellent show with brilliant concepts. The plot didn't fizzle at any point. Rare in today's entertainment. Problem is I have to wait another year for the next season. Sorry... no spoilers.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

2PhiloVoid

Get my point, Web-Maker ???
Site Supporter
Oct 28, 2006
The Void!
✟1,130,864.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Yes it was a good show and I'm looking forward to next season. :)

We finished watching it, and we thought it was an innovative philosophical exercise. I think I'm wondering what else they can do with it in a 2nd season. It'll be interesting to find out.

I wonder what it'd be like if Jesus did show up and walked on water near the monument? Would people today just shrug and say, "Nice trick, dude! But I need to get back to my [fill in the blank ...]."

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: Hank77
Upvote 0

timothyu

Dec 31, 2018
up there
✟306,394.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
I wonder what it's be like if Jesus did show up and walked on water near the monument? Would people today just shrug and say, "Nice trick, dude!
Probably why Jesus limited it to the apostles.

Upvote 0

Cross Over the Lake

Jan 12, 2020
Lake Havasu City
✟17,687.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Divorced
Politics
US-Republican
It’s like the show “Lucifer” that make him out to be a good guy. It’s not meant as theology at all its just entertainment and ratings to them. I saw the advertisement for it on CNN at the gym... :sorry:

Upvote 0

timothyu

Dec 31, 2018
up there
✟306,394.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
It’s like the show “Lucifer” that make him out to be a good guy.
Actually it shows humans the way to actual change as life goes along and situations dictate, through the eyes of the ultimate sinner. Good show.

Wouldn't that be a shocker down the road if the Adversary actually repented leaving man responsible for their own adversarial ways and unwillingness to change. lol

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums