Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
I can't help but feel suspicious of the president suddenly testing positive for COVID. After all this time he tests positive, right at crunch time in his campaign. Also, our Missouri governor Mike Parson and his wife suddenly tested positive for COVID right in the middle of his campaign.
Sorry, I can't help it...my Spidey sense tells me something ain't right.

RaymondG

Nov 15, 2016
USA
✟268,974.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Makes perfect sense that those out in public, rallying, would have a better chance at getting sick. Are you suggesting that their chances of getting elected increases with the sickness or that they are intentionally infected?

Upvote 0

Rachel Rachel

Messianic/Church of God 7th Day
Site Supporter
Apr 21, 2013
In the middle
✟328,556.78
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
Makes perfect sense that those out in public, rallying, would have a better chance at getting sick. Are you suggesting that their chances of getting elected increases with the sickness or that they are intentionally infected?
I'm not really suggesting anything but I feel he could have been deliberately infected or under some form of duress to get off the campaign trail.

Upvote 0

d taylor

Oct 16, 2018
Mississippi
✟251,522.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
I can't help but feel suspicious of the president suddenly testing positive for COVID. After all this time he tests positive, right at crunch time in his campaign. Also, our Missouri governor Mike Parson and his wife suddenly tested positive for COVID right in the middle of his campaign.

You are speaking about the kingdoms that satan possesses, why would anyone expect any honesty from satans governments.

It's All A Lie.​

Upvote 0

Akita Suggagaki

Jul 20, 2018
Midwest
✟283,243.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I'm not really suggesting anything but I feel he could have been deliberately infected or under some form of duress to get off the campaign trail.
He scoffed at protective measures. This is really no surprise.

Upvote 0

Dave G.

May 22, 2017
Sandiwich
✟324,679.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
If we were talking about Biden I would get it,not to mention it would be real concerning to his health, possible more so than Trump ( he appears more frail to begin with).. But Trump loves getting himself out there. If anyone wants off the lime light it's Biden and retreat back to his cellar. At any rate time will tell how this pans out.

I doubt they carted Trump off to the hospital on a charade. He could just have stayed out of site for a week or two..

Upvote 0

dogs4thewin

dog lover
Christian Forums Staff
Hands-on Trainee
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2012
Georgia U.S. State
✟896,521.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
If we were talking about Biden I would get it,not to mention it would be real concerning to his health, possible more so than Trump ( he appears more frail to begin with).. But Trump loves getting himself out there. If anyone wants off the lime light it's Biden and retreat back to his cellar. At any rate time will tell how this pans out.

I doubt they carted Trump off to the hospital on a charade. He could just have stayed out of site for a week or two..
From what my mother said ( she read me the report) They are doing this as a "just in case" thing given his risk factors.

Reactions: Arc F1
Upvote 0

paul1149

that your faith might rest in the power of God
Site Supporter
Mar 22, 2011
NY
✟674,964.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Add a couple more Republicans to the tally - Sens. Thom Tillis and Mike Lee.

2020-10-02, tweetdeck.twitter.com.png

Upvote 0

miamited

Ted
Site Supporter
Oct 4, 2010
Seneca SC
✟705,807.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi all,

Well, I've always been the kind of person to look at all the evidence on a subject. When I say all, as applies to worldwide issues, I mean evidence all over the globe. When we look at the places where mask wearing is generally accepted by the people, we find some pretty stark numbers that would indicate that masks really do work. And honestly, anyone who thinks that somehow the U.S. put together some health conspiracy concerning this matter that the entire world has chosen to help us support, is just ignorant in my opinion. This is a worldwide health matter and people are dying in very, very large numbers all across the globe. How one would expect some cabal of a nefarious plot in the U.S. to draw in other nations all over the globe to participate in is just ludicrous. However, I digress.

China, where the health issue is claimed to have started with a population four times the size of ours, think that through please. 1,400 million people against 330 million people and they have had less than 5,000 deaths. Pretty much everyone wears a mask, especially in the urban and suburban areas. They have become used to wearing masks and many of them even wear masks when there isn't any health crisis at a particular time.

Japan, population 126 million people, about a third of ours, has a total death count of 1,600. Again, Japan is a country where the people have become fairly accustomed to wearing masks.

Australia, population 25 million people, has a total death count of 890. Australians are not as good about wearing masks, but it is claimed that 78% of the people do wear masks when out and about.

India, population about the same as China, has less than 100,000 deaths. While India does have mandatory mask laws, most of the poverty areas find it hard to afford them and the overcrowding in these places is just impossible to control. Yet, they still have half of the deaths that we have, with again, 4 times the population.

So, I'm all willing to listen to all sides of an argument, but the evidence does seem pretty overwhelming that places where mask wearing has been adopted...the death count is far less. Now, maybe that's because those people are healthier than we are. Maybe there's some invisible bubble that keeps the SARS-Cov-2 virus out of their countries. Or, maybe it's because they're not as proud and ignorant in their pride as we are, and listen to their medical experts.

Now, I know that someone's going to respond with, "Well, there was a time that our medical experts didn't push for masks. In fact told us that they were completely unnecessary." For that person I'll just say, that claim was a long, long time ago and it has been revised now for about 5 months and those same medical experts have been telling us that they were wrong and that mask wearing is an integral part of protecting ourselves and others from the transmission of the disease. So, you're free to look back to the days when we didn't know much about this outbreak and hadn't studied it as much as we now have and proclaim that those were the days that our medical experts told us the truth. Me, I believe that medical science is a progressive study. In the beginning of any new disease we don't know much about it, but as we continue to test and study we find out a lot of 'better' information. I'd direct that person to look over the history of cancer treatment. How about mental health? We used to do lobotomies on some people with serious mental health issues. Today, despite it being something that was strongly encouraged in its time, we know that's not really a particularly valid tool for dealing with mental health issues. But, you're welcome to have your own brain taken out if you believe that the older practices of medical health are better than the new.

God bless,
Ted

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Akita Suggagaki

Jul 20, 2018
Midwest
✟283,243.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Now, I know that someone's going to respond with, "Well, there was a time that our medical experts didn't push for masks. In fact told us that they were completely unnecessary." For that person I'll just say, that claim was a long, long time ago and it has been revised now for about 5 months and those same medical experts have been telling us that they were wrong and that mask wearing is an integral part of protecting ourselves and others from the transmission of the disease.

So no excuse for holding superspreader events and then being "suspicious" with an out break.

Upvote 0

coffee4u

Dec 11, 2018
Australia
✟157,841.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Australia, population 25 million people, has a total death count of 890. Australians are not as good about wearing masks, but it is claimed that 78% of the people do wear masks when out and about.

The main reason for our low infection and death rate here is low population on a piece of land close to the size of the US. Next are quick firm policies such as closing borders, high testing rates, disinfecting entire buildings, isolating and tracking positive people to places they have been. The Government here takes it seriously. Our State suggests but doesn't enforce mask-wearing because we have very few cases. My State has the highest rate of testing, anyone who thinks they might have it, who shows up with a temp gets tested. 20,856 tests were done in one day which is the record for testing. That returned one positive.
Victoria was the State with the slackest response and they paid for it. Mask-wearing down there is mandatory.

It doesn't surprise me that Trump and his wife and others have it, they flaunt rules and go to rallies, it wasn't so much if but when he caught it. I hope its reality check and he will get some good advisors and take firm measures for your country because from where I am sitting it looks bad, really bad.

Reactions: Llleopard
Upvote 0

miamited

Ted
Site Supporter
Oct 4, 2010
Seneca SC
✟705,807.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi coffee,

Thanks for your reply:
I hope its reality check and he will get some good advisors and take firm measures for your country because from where I am sitting it looks bad, really bad.

Sadly, he has had some good advisors in regards to this issue. However, he's such a narcissist that he truly believes of himself to be smarter than absolutely anyone else (except maybe Roger Stone). He honestly believes that the reason we have wildfires on our west coast is due to 'exploding trees'. Other forested nations 'rake their forest floors'. He just can't seem to understand that California, especially southern California, is a desert. It's dry. It's hot. That under such conditions as that, just the slightest little spark from anything is going to set it all ablaze. You guys have the same problem, but he always points to the northern European nations where the weather conditions are totally different and claims that it's because we don't treat our forests as they do. He's totally ignorant as to how weather conditions and different climate areas create different problems.

I honestly wouldn't be much surprised to hear him say that the reason we have hurricanes and most other nations don't is because we don't keep our oceans cool like they do. LOL! We should tug icebergs down to south Florida and the Gulf of Mexico. He's just such a total ignoramous about sooooo many things...but he thinks of himself as knowing everything about pretty much everything.

But getting back to the advisors. Yes, he has good advisors as regards this matter, but he won't listen to them because he believes that they're wrong. Our advisors did, however, create the seed of this problem when they first came out and said that wearing masks wasn't of much importance unless you had the virus or were dealing with someone who did. Because that agreed with his understanding, then that claim became what he has stuck with, even as he watches our death toll climb and climb and the 'experts' have recanted that initial claim and moved firmly behind the importance of wearing masks.

I hope that you guys never elect someone like him as your leader.

God bless,
Ted

• Friendly
Reactions: coffee4u
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

coffee4u

Dec 11, 2018
Australia
✟157,841.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I talk regularly to an American friend on Discord, her whole family were really sick for about a month and not one could get tested. She doesn't know if it was COVID or not but some of the things she says about how health is done over there and how much she pays for her medication each month are shocking.

I hope not either. Must admit to not normally having much time for pollies (as we call them) but I have been impressed by our States Premier, she has done an excellent job.

Hopefully, he will be voted out soon.

• Agree
Reactions: Heavenhome
Upvote 0

JimR-OCDS

God Cannot Be Grasped, Except Through Love
Oct 28, 2008
The Kingdom of Heaven
Visit site
✟187,497.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married

I just asked the same question to my wife.

Something doesn't smell right here.

However, she doesn't buy the theory.

The skeptic inside me has me wondering.

Upvote 0

JimR-OCDS

God Cannot Be Grasped, Except Through Love
Oct 28, 2008
The Kingdom of Heaven
Visit site
✟187,497.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Right, he is probably doing it for the sympathy vote. Total publicity stunt of the showman.

Doubtful being it isn't just Trump and Melania who are infected, but other's who had contact when Trump was being tested almost daily, including Chris Christie now.

Upvote 0

RDKirk

Alien, Pilgrim, and Sojourner
Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,475,579.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I believe he's tested positive. What's interesting to me is that Barron has not tested positive...kind of says something about how close Barron is to his parents.

But having contracted covid-19 and then being whisked away to Walter Reed for special experimental treatment does nothing positive (so to speak) for Trump's campaign. Nobody is going to switch votes out of sympathy when Trump has been saying all along that the disease is nothing special...yet he gets absolutely the best treatment possible on the planet.

It's going to be hard for him or Pence to continue to assert that covid-19 is not a serious issue, and clear that it's always been a serious issue. For people who weren't intending to vote for him before, this looks more like karma than a reason to switch votes out of sympathy.

Presuming Trump is able to recover and continue his campaign, I certainly hope this experience gives him a repentant and more compassionate heart, and that he gives God the glory (as Nebuchadnezzar did).

I expect, however, that recovery will leave Trump more arrogantly convinced of his own invincibility.

• Agree
Reactions: wing2000
Upvote 0