I'm thinking of walking away from God, here's why...

pdudgeon

Traditional Catholic
Site Supporter
In Memory Of
Aug 4, 2005
South East Virginia, US
✟493,233.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
Hi guys

As a lot of you know, I've struggled for years with suicidal thoughts and tendencies, self harm, OCD, panic attacks and now a nicely developing addiction. On top of this, I work in an incredibly dehumanising, stressful environment, have an alcoholic father and a mother who has destroyed my life with guilt. my face is the net result of 2 bungled NHS operations which have left me looking like frankenstein's monster, I have no friends and, most importantly to me, I can't get a girlfriend. When I pray, God doesnt speak to me, the Holy Spirit seems to be continually absent despite my sincerest efforts and I still dont see anything changing.

In short, I do not have one single positive thing in my life, at all. Nope, not one thing...

Reading the Bible, it makes all these promises about what God wants to do, how we can be blessed, and prospered in the desert, and how God loves us and wants the best for us. Yet, we all know all things happen in accordance with God's will. Now, God's will for me seems for me to suffer needlessly, to face constant disappointment and upset and never to be happy. No matter how much I pray, no matter how much I bind/rebuke/claim victory/whatever Joel Osteen says to do, nothing changes.

I'm not naive, I didn't expect life to be easy after coming to Christ, but I didnt expect things to get worse on a daily basis.

So my thought is, if God wants me to suffer constantly, why is that something I should accept? And why would a loving father treat me so badly, after he rebukes others for doing the same?

Can someone please provide me with some guidance? I don't want to walk away from God, but I will not invest my love and adoration into a relationship that seems massively one sided at the moment.

Put Christ in your place in this post, as though He were the one writing it.

He left heaven voluntarily to suffer for 33 years here on earth. His parents didn't understand him and at one point even wanted him to stop his preaching. people who believed in him were rejected by their families and thrown out from their temples. As an adult He had no place to call his own home. In a religion where men were expected to marry, He had no wife.

Even though he preached to thousands, towards his end his closest friend denied him and others ran away from his presence. he was beaten and whipped and did not deserve it. People lied about him. the religious leaders criticized him and wanted him dead. and they got their way.

but in spite of it all, history hinges on his life and death, dating events from before or after Him. The book about Him is a best seller, and many today call Him their friend and follow Him.

So yes, Jesus knows what you are going thru and how hard it is to live this life because he suffered thru many of the same things himself.

Take courage--there is nothing that you are going thru that Jesus doesn't understand. No pain that you feel that He hasn't already felt. No taunting or rejection that you suffer that He himself hasn't delt with as well.

In fact, no one else can better understand and sympathize with you than Christ Himself. So don't reject Him, but let Him come alongside you and help to shoulder your burdens, for He knows them very well, and He has already overcome them, and can show you how to do the same.

there is always hope in Jesus! :thumbsup:

Upvote 0

cranberries

Jesus Holy Holy Holy is Your Name
Mar 28, 2011
✟15,268.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
This is interesting advice. I think it's beneficial for people who are angry at God, and perhaps some doubters, to follow through on it.

I do not think it is a good adea for anyone to leave God.Just keep on seeking Jesus.

Upvote 0