I'm terrified.

Neostarwcc

We are saved purely by the work and grace of God.
Site Supporter
Dec 13, 2015
US
✟917,970.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
I'm starting to fear this isn't Lithium poisoning. I've been void of lithium since late November for crying out loud. It's Mid Janurary now. I've been unable to mostly walk since September and I've had nothing but leg and foot pain. I noticed about a month ago that my feet are swollen (both of them) but I'm unsure if that has anything to do with my problem. I don't know I'm not a doctor. My mom is a nurse with over 40 years experience and she thinks it's Lithium poisoning and could take up to a year to reverse. Thats... scary. I'm getting sick of being a vegetable I want to at least be able to use my computer. And study the Bible more (most of my notes are on the computer) mom has been telling me to stay away from the computer but what's the difference between sitting on the couch all day ad night than sitting at a computer for 3-4 hours a day?

Before you guys ask, no I haven't seen my GP about this. And yes, it's been going on since September. I do see him tomorrow and thats 99% of the reason I'm freaking out. The more I explore the internet as to what might possibly be going on the more hideous options come up like arthritis and Parkinsons disease. Idk, I'm just terrified of what he's going to find I've never had this happen before.

Ceallaigh

May God be with you and bless you.
Site Supporter
Oct 2, 2020
The Keep
✟581,133.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I'm starting to fear this isn't Lithium poisoning. I've been void of lithium since late November for crying out loud. It's Mid Janurary now. I've been unable to mostly walk since September and I've had nothing but leg and foot pain. I noticed about a month ago that my feet are swollen (both of them) but I'm unsure if that has anything to do with my problem. I don't know I'm not a doctor. My mom is a nurse with over 40 years experience and she thinks it's Lithium poisoning and could take up to a year to reverse. Thats... scary. I'm getting sick of being a vegetable I want to at least be able to use my computer. And study the Bible more (most of my notes are on the computer) mom has been telling me to stay away from the computer but what's the difference between sitting on the couch all day ad night than sitting at a computer for 3-4 hours a day?

Before you guys ask, no I haven't seen my GP about this. And yes, it's been going on since September. I do see him tomorrow and thats 99% of the reason I'm freaking out. The more I explore the internet as to what might possibly be going on the more hideous options come up like arthritis and Parkinsons disease. Idk, I'm just terrified of what he's going to find I've never had this happen before.

I sympathize. I know what it's like to be frightened of what might be wrong medically. But I've found the only way to deal with that is to get examined.

Upvote 0

Neostarwcc

Site Supporter
Dec 13, 2015
US
✟917,970.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
I sympathize. I know what it's like to be frightened of what might be wrong medically. But I've found the only way to deal with that is to get examined.

Yeah. I just hope he doesn't order too many xrays it's bad enough I have to go to his office and through the hospital in a wheel chair. I guess I'm just afraid of needing a wheel chair for a long time if I have Parkinsons or had a stroke that could be a possibility.

You can have a stroke and not know about it for a week. I think my symptoms have been much worse for a week. Idk.

Upvote 0

Ceallaigh

May God be with you and bless you.
Site Supporter
Oct 2, 2020
The Keep
✟581,133.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Yeah. I just hope he doesn't order too many xrays it's bad enough I have to go to his office and through the hospital in a wheel chair. I guess I'm just afraid of needing a wheel chair for a long time if I have Parkinsons or had a stroke that could be a possibility.

You can have a stroke and not know about it for a week. I think my symptoms have been much worse for a week. Idk.

I understand your reluctantace perfectly. I've had a battery of ultrasounds and CT scans since May and done the wheelchair and gurney routine. But if it's something that needs treatment or therapy, the sooner that gets going the better.

Upvote 0

Trusting in Him

Oct 25, 2021
Devon
✟49,590.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Why do you suspect lithium poisoning. Is there a reason to suspect this? Have you been exposed to lithium? If not, it might be some other condition. As you already have swelling in both feet, it needs checking out by a professional and before you can start to get this sorted, you will need a proper diagnosis. Not doing anything about this and just worrying about it, is unlikely to either help, or stop you worrying about it. I suggest that you see a doctor about this and don't delay.

I hope that you are soon sorted!

Upvote 0

Neostarwcc

Site Supporter
Dec 13, 2015
US
✟917,970.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Why do you suspect lithium poisoning. Is there a reason to suspect this? Have you been exposed to lithium? If not, it might be some other condition. As you already have swelling in both feet, it needs checking out by a professional and before you can start to get this sorted, you will need a proper diagnosis. Not doing anything about this and just worrying about it, is unlikely to either help, or stop you worrying about it. I suggest that you see a doctor about this and don't delay.

Yes it was confirmed several months ago I had Lithium poisoning. I was prescribed Lithium back in late August or so had symptoms of poisoning since September or October but my Psychiatrist didn't find out my levels were really high until November. The same day he found out I was placed in the Emergency room for a couple days and they got my levels down to 1.5 (borderline toxic) and I went home. My psychiatrist in the meantime doesnt think that my inability to walk has anything to do with my poisoning because if it did it would have improved a few weeks after Lithium completely left my system and its been almost 2 months now.

Meanwhile my mom thinks it is the poisoning and says it can take up to a year to improve.

Either or my GP is aware of everything that's been happening. I'm sure he's going to test for everything under the sun and if he suspects it is from the Lithium there probably isn't much I can do but wait it out and maybe get some physical therapy.

Upvote 0

Trusting in Him

Oct 25, 2021
Devon
✟49,590.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Lithium is an ingredient in some cancer treatments, the human body gradually getting rid of it, it just takes a little time. If I has not already killed you, it's very unlikely to do so now. So there is little reason for you to be terrified any more. God takes some of us through difficult and frightening periods in our lives. It's during these times, that we learn to trust God, like no other times.

I've been through having a quite disabling stroke, it was a frightening time. God is in the business of raising up overcomers, who will trust Him a be a living testimony of those who will trust Him, when everything seems so bad. We are the ones who have faced bad things and can encourage other going through bad things as well.

So you will need to wait a while as these lithium levels subside. Did you know that God will restore the years that the locust has eaten? It's God's promise to you, if you will receive it.

And I will restore to you the years that the locust hath eaten, the cankerworm, and the caterpiller, and the palmerworm, my great army which I sent among you. (Joel 2:25).

Upvote 0

Neostarwcc

Site Supporter
Dec 13, 2015
US
✟917,970.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Lithium is an ingredient in some cancer treatments, the human body gradually getting rid of it, it just takes a little time. If I has not already killed you, it's very unlikely to do so now. So there is little reason for you to be terrified any more. God takes some of us through difficult and frightening periods in our lives. It's during these times, that we learn to trust God, like no other times.

I've been through having a quite disabling stroke, it was a frightening time. God is in the business of raising up overcomers, who will trust Him a be a living testimony of those who will trust Him, when everything seems so bad. We are the ones who have faced bad things and can encourage other going through bad things as well.

So you will need to wait a while as these lithium levels subside. Did you know that God will restore the years that the locust has eaten? It's God's promise to you, if you will receive it.

And I will restore to you the years that the locust hath eaten, the cankerworm, and the caterpiller, and the palmerworm, my great army which I sent among you. (Joel 2:25).

My mom said that had my psychiatrist waited a week or two I probably would have died. Idk what to believe. No, I didn't know that. It makes sense though. I'll see what my doctor says tomorrow. I do trust God but I'm sick of barely being able to walk to go to the bathroom. It's like I'm not getting better but worse. This Monday I just gave in and had my wife try to get an earlier appointment. It's great in a way because my doctor is normally booked past March due to covid. We will see. If my doctor orders a bunch of xrays I'll just have to comply as best as I can. I'd prefer to get them done tomorrow to get them out of the way.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Mayflower1

Hello my Name is "Child of the One True King"
Site Supporter
Dec 2, 2005
Heaven of course!
✟117,723.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

Praying for you Neo

Upvote 0

Neostarwcc

Site Supporter
Dec 13, 2015
US
✟917,970.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

chad kincham

Mar 4, 2009
✟62,040.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

It could be so many things, including spinal stenosis, thus it needs checked out by a doctor who may want medical imaging from an MRI or CT.

Meanwhile I’ll pray for ya.

Blessings

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Neostarwcc

Site Supporter
Dec 13, 2015
US
✟917,970.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
I don't know much about edema. Did they do any treatment?

It's when your legs and feet are full of fluid and your legs and feet swell. It can cause pain and make it really difficult to walk. I do have treatment he wants me to put my feet up 30 minutes 4x a day and he gave me some medication to help control the fluid. He gave me a month worth of meds so it must take at least a month to fully recover. I see him again in about a month anyway for my cholesterol. Q

Upvote 0

shineyourlight

Mar 6, 2020
New York
✟71,112.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
It's when your legs and feet are full of fluid and your legs and feet swell. It can cause pain and make it really difficult to walk. I do have treatment he wants me to put my feet up 30 minutes 4x a day and he gave me some medication to help control the fluid. He gave me a month worth of meds so it must take at least a month to fully recover. I see him again in about a month anyway for my cholesterol. Q
Gotcha!

How are you feeling about it now after you had your doctor's visit?

Upvote 0

Neostarwcc

Site Supporter
Dec 13, 2015
US
✟917,970.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Gotcha!

How are you feeling about it now after you had your doctor's visit?

Well I'm not 100% sure on how I'm going to raise my feet (my recliner is broken and I'm forced to sir on the couch all day which is how this problem happened) but I do feel a lot better a month to get fully better over a year sounds fantastic.

Upvote 0