I'm stuck, and I'm not getting out. Please.. I need help!

love_123

Jesus is Lord
May 18, 2010
✟15,267.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
brother, if you turn to obey God not just out of fear of Him, but more because of the love you have for Him inspired by His unfailing love, His faithfulness and majesty... you will desire to follow Him. i believe you are already willing to. and you will experience His unfailing love and the rest, peace and joy you have in the indwell spirit because of your total trust in Him and surrender to Christ to take over. :)

Upvote 0

Peripatetic

Restless mind, peaceful soul.
Feb 28, 2010
✟22,095.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I know I'm coming late to this discussion, but I will offer this: your life needs balance. Time for God (prayer, church, bible study), time for work, time for your body (eating well, exercise), time for your friends and family, time for service to others, and time for yourself (recreation). Actually, spending all of your time in prayer or reading the bible would be somewhat selfish! God wants us out in the world, bearing fruit for him - and that means being in your community and being social. God also wants us to have fun and enjoy the world that he's given us. Your heart is in the right place. It's important to put God first. But just as we need a balanced diet when we eat, we need a balanced lifestyle to keep us healthy and sustainable.

Upvote 0

Criada

Site Supporter
Feb 6, 2007
✟114,628.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
I think that most of your questions have been answered, and it sounds as though you are in a good place to let God guide you into what He wants you to be doing.
One thing - we are called to love and witness to the lost. If you spend all your time reading the Bible, etc, you won't be meeting the lost, you certainly won't be in a position to befriend them.
Leisure activities not only give our bodies minds and spirits time to recharge and to be refreshed, they are often the major way in which we form relationships, and without relationships, we will never be effective witnesses.

Above all, brother, remember that God loves you - completely, unconditionally and enormously. He is delighted with you, and loves spending time with you. Don't make it a heavy thing... just relax in His love and he will show you each step in its time :hug:

Upvote 0

love_123

Jesus is Lord
May 18, 2010
✟15,267.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
How have you been growing in the Lord? Have you been receiving the Holy Spirit's edifications? Have you gained more knowledge about God?

i apologize for my false teachings to you. last time i told you that you dont have to go to hell even if you dont live out the Lord's victory which is untrue. actually we don't go to heaven or hell right after death. the Lord wake up the righteous from the sleeping mode when He comes to the earth for the 2nd time and takes them to heaven with Him. you may have found some prophets was taken up alive, some have been taken up together with the Lord when He rose up from dead after been buried for 3 days. also, the 144000 of end times will be taken up alive in a transformed body with those righteous waken from dead. the sinful wake up when the Lord comes for the 3rd time with the new Jeruselem and send them into the everlasting fire.

the Book of Revelation is very important. victory is not, definitely not achieved by obeying God's commandments by force, which doesn't count; rather it's naturally achieved by us surrendered to the Lord--He lives through us as we abide in Him.

Trust the Lord with total obedience. Put down your own will and give the rights to Him in you. He will take you to victory.

(John 5:16)

Sins that will not lead us to death are committed as we become weak as we follow Jesus occasionally.
Presumptuous sin and habitual sins you don't surrender to the Lord and therefore are always in you or regularly occurs will lead you to death. these sins are done away in the Lord as we died in Him and rose again with Him in us. (John 3:9)

May the Lord open your heart and eyes to receive His everlasting truth. May you surrender yourself totally without hesitation to the Lord. May the Holy Spirit eliminate with your impurities that are of the world with the Holy Fire. May the Lord guide your path in our Father's plan and use you to achieve all purposes our Father have for you. In Jesus's name, Amen.

Upvote 0

Rick Kirkham

New Relationship
Sep 1, 2010
Honolulu, HI
Visit site
✟15,162.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Nothing in this world matters other than doing the will of God, am I right? That would mean that everything else is a waste of God's time given to His people, and therefore, must be a sin!

That's a HUGE jump there in my opinion. May I suggest think of God as I do. I try to understand Him in respect to how a human father would act.

Honor Him by running your life the best you can. Don't think of punishment for doing the wrong thing. Think of the blessings for doing the right things. I also personally believe trying to do the right things to get into heaven is doing things for personal reward and not just because they're the right things to do.

What are the right things? What you feel in your heart (as long as it does not harm another human being) is the right thing. If you've prayed about an important decision and do what you feel is right, it's probably right or there's a lesson God has planned for you for that particular event.

My human dad wants me to be the best person I can be. I believe that is what my heavenly Dad wants of me as well.

Rick

Upvote 0

love_123

Jesus is Lord
May 18, 2010
✟15,267.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
That's a HUGE jump there in my opinion. May I suggest think of God as I do. I try to understand Him in respect to how a human father would act.

Honor Him by running your life the best you can. Don't think of punishment for doing the wrong thing. Think of the blessings for doing the right things. I also personally believe trying to do the right things to get into heaven is doing things for personal reward and not just because they're the right things to do.

What are the right things? What you feel in your heart (as long as it does not harm another human being) is the right thing. If you've prayed about an important decision and do what you feel is right, it's probably right or there's a lesson God has planned for you for that particular event.

My human dad wants me to be the best person I can be. I believe that is what my heavenly Dad wants of me as well.

Rick

what is the best? in this world, the best, those run in front? God says they come in the end. (Mathew 20:16 So the last will be the first, and the first will be the last.) there is a better explanation of it here on BIBLE STUDY MANUALS: THE FIRST SHALL BE LAST, THE LAST, FIRST.

My own earthly father doesn't like me go to church, or hear sermons or study the bible, or doesn't want me do it 'too much'. he believes that im wasting time studying those things that are irrelevant to life. he believes i should rather plan things on my own, work for my desires, get into the world, and be integrated into the world. in his eyes, i cannot be accepted by people of this world. he also wants me to be 'the best me'.

this comes back to the question what is the best you. the best you, the Lord says is He lives in you and to achieve the will of God through you. do you know that our world now is at a time when our churches fit into 'the Church in Laodicea' (Revelation 3:14-22), the end times.

at this time, a lot of people are guided by feelings. they seek God that is 'sensually real' to them, that kind of someone they can sense. this is unfounded on the Bible. i just heard a powerful series of sermons on the Book of Daniel and the Book of Revelation in chinese. that's how i found my fault--which is actually prevalent in whether US or China. they believe you can go to heaven without the Lord's victory manifested.

be cautious. don't follow feelings, but the word of God, the guidance of the Holy Spirit. don't follow any human, but the Lord alone, because we all fall from time to time. at end times, the devil will try to deceive you by all kinds of miracles.

i understand that you are trying to be successful, but in a sense the world recognizes or looks up to? i like paster charles stanley's words ' the most successful people are those who accomplished God's will in them.' he also said t is Christ does the will of God through/in you with you abide in Christ. you really ought to read Book of ecclesiastes. Solomen after being the smartest and richest king, realised nothing of this world is meaningful.

the world didn't accept the Lord when He came. If you obey Him and be His disciple, the world will hate you. the world is as bad as ever. but you should forever put God first. (Matthew 24:36-39, Luke 17: 26-27 As it was in the days of Noah, so it will be at the coming of the Son of Man.) It has been 160 years since the sun turned black and the moon turned red in the US. according to Joel 2:31 of the Bible, this is sign of the end times. Noah shouted that God's judgement with flood was coming for 120 years, but nobody would believe until it finally came. same, the Lord is coming soon. be prepared. (Matthew 25:1-7 1 Then shall the kingdom of heaven be likened unto ten virgins, who took their lamps, and went forth to meet the bridegroom.

2 And five of them were foolish, and five were wise.

3 For the foolish, when they took their lamps, took no oil with them:

4 but the wise took oil in their vessels with their lamps.

5 Now while the bridegroom tarried, they all slumbered and slept.

6 But at midnight there is a cry, Behold, the bridegroom! Come ye forth to meet him.

7 Then all those virgins arose, and trimmed their lamps.)

oil stands for the Holy Spirit in the Bible. nurture your spirituality Holy Spirit--Study Bible!

Bush before Obama met with the Catholic Pope, followed now the Pope and Obama's relations is even better with many consensus. US used to oppose catholic. i hope you won't be political, but be unbiased and embrace the victory of the Lord. May the Lord keep you pure till He comes! in Jesus's name, Amen.

Upvote 0

love_123

Jesus is Lord
May 18, 2010
✟15,267.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]"How clearly we can now see why the miracle-workers were turned away by Jesus as “workers of iniquity.” Having rejected the will of the Father, His law, they lost access to the power of the Holy Spirit. At that point Satan stepped in to supply a continuation of power by producing the same apparent miracles as the Holy Spirit produced.
Lulled into a fatal blindness by grieving the Spirit which convicted them of disobedience, the professed Christians lost their sensitivity to the violation of God’s holy law. Under the exciting emotional stimulus of Satan’s spirit they continued to exercise a counterfeit religious power, based on feeling rather than the authority of the Word of God. Christ taught in Matthew 7:22 that the end time will produce a phenomenon of Christians claiming the Spirit’s power in miracle ministry, but who are actually manipulated by the devil."
Man's Flicker or God's Flame | Jnet
[/FONT]

Upvote 0

oi_antz

Opposed to Untruth.
Apr 26, 2010
New Zealand
✟7,997.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
If our goal should be to strive for Holiness, then wouldn't God expect us to completely give every second of our lives to Him? I believe that if I truly loved God with all my heart, soul, and mind, my life would be spent reading the Bible for a massive portion of the time I am awake, and the rest spent evangelizing, donating, serving the church, etc. Is that what God expects of us? No TV, no comfortable lifestyle, and no wasting of time?
Hi gpsguy,

I hope you are doing ok, I have an answer for this question: time is a carnal matter, you are worrying about something which is an artifact of the world, exalting "time" to such a high place you are effectively worshiping it by spending so much time thinking about it. This means you are idolising "time".

This is a good example of how the enemy can blow the proportions of sin right up to make you feel guilty. The enemy is the accuser, Jesus is the healer and God is the father. If you can train your mind to know and recognize these people and treat them respectively, and you'll be forever content in Christ's family.

God doesn't require us to do anything for Him, that is a concept termed "legalistic salvation" where our position in heaven depends on how we have lived on earth. I don't believe that is necessarily true, Jesus said "it is not for me to decide who sits at the right or left of me in heaven". You need to keep your conversation with God in the front of our mind all the time and be attentive to unholy spirits entering into your inner dialogue, many people including myself can go about our daily activities while being in a reciprocal relationship with God the father where He is exalted in our hearts and mind.

One day (only once in our lives) you may accept the challenge of sorting truth from lie, and you'll be able to fight the enemy out of your life and get to know God as the closest friend we have, our loving heavenly father. Just follow whatever God tells you, and don't accept anything that contradicts the Bible or seems to be a fishy idea, gradually you can purify your mind so that only God can speak to you.

Repentance in this context is not about giving up addictions, but about proclaiming your body as the temple for the holy spirit. This means to be perfectly pure in mind and honest with God up there. Do you get what I'm saying? You have complete freedom to live your life in Christ just as fully as anyone else, while worshiping Him with all your heart and mind.

:preach:

Upvote 0

Hiroyuki

Jun 9, 2010
✟647.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi. I'm actually not sure if this thread should be in this section, and for that I'm sorry, but please understand that I am desperate for help..

I have been going to church all of my life, but realized just recently that I was not truly saved to begin with -- right now, I'm not even sure I can call myself a "Christian" to post this in this section. I feel like i am in a very serious spiritual struggle in my life right now. I have been reading Scripture addressing how few little people will enter the narrow gate of heaven and how God will not hear prayers from certain people. After reflecting on this, these ideas in the Bible made me realize how weak my faith is -- that i may actually have no faith at all.

I am stopping you right there. You are thinking too much and putting your own opinions over God, so this lacks sincerity.

Hold and obey the teachings of Jesus. Go live your life and keep to those teachings.

All else are thrown into the fire prepared for the devil and his angels.

Very simple.

Everyday, you will have countless chances to try and obey the words of Jesus. All this nonsensical thinking is of the Devil.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums