Charleston
✟1,156.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Hello friends! 4 years ago when I was 13 I started using the internet for the first time. I eventually found some chat sites and went on them and met lots of people who would become my friends. I never had friends in real life because I was homeschooled and sadly we could not go to church often so we mostly stayed at home. So I mostly stayed on the chat sites with my friends for a whole 4 years. Now when I first got on there one of the first people I met was a guy named Freddy. Not for long, me and Freddy became good friends, then best friends and then 6 months after we met I started developing feelings for him. I was 13 at the time. And then he soon asked me out on one beautiful Wednesday night in February. We spent a lot of time together for about 3 months. Then, I wasn't allowed online for a short time and couldn't talk to him but he stayed faithful to me. But sadly after a year and a half of our wonderful relationship he broke up with me. It wasn't a bad break up, I understood why. He just said I wasn't his type anymore, he didn't like me in that way anymore. But he told me he still wanted to be best friends forever and he stills loves and cares for me as a bestest friend. We've been best friends ever since. The only problem is I NEVER GOT OVER HIM. I've tried so many times and I never can get over him. He's been the most amazing friend you could imagine, he really is amazing. He is so kind and caring and supportive. HE IS VERY PROTECTIVE OVER HIS FRIENDS AND SO HE WAS OVER ME MANY TIMES. When a guy is protective it really attracts me to them. He's funny and he never judges. He's honest and sincere. For real, he's never let me down and never let anyone of his friends down. He's everything I could ever want. These are only some of his good qualities the list really goes on. These are the reasons I fell in love with him and these are the reasons why I can't get over him. I've known him for 4 years now I know him very well, he is the sweetest guy ever to me. :/ fast foreward to now, I still love him madly I cry so hard I stress out so badly whenever I see him talking to other girls or interested in someone else. He's just my best friend and he doesn't have *those* kinds of feelings for me anymore so he isn't doing anything wrong this is all me. I just can never get over him and it hurts me a lot. Anyway, last night he told me and his friends that he's fallen in love with this girl he met a while back. They've been close friends and talking a lot. She's really nice and amazing and I feel she's way better than me in so many ways and I know he deserves someone like her, deep down I know I'm not the right one for him, I'm not as good as him in my opinion. He needs more than me. These are my feelings at least :/ Anyways he's fallen in love with her and I am so stressed out last night I was having dreams of him being with her and I woke up crying this is too much for me. I really need your help and advice for HOW TO GET OVER THIS AMAZING GUY? It's been 3 years and I can't get over him. And another thing that bothers me is I've spent 4 years of my life mostly online being happy with my friends of course but most of the time just obsessing over Freddy. So now I'm feeling regrets for waisting my life away. And my self confidence is so bad, I don't feel good enough for anyone looks or personality wise. I need prayer and help. Please forgive me for this long message and thank you in advance for everything. I'm really stressed so I doubt I worded this clearly, so if anything is confusing just ask me and I'll try to explain. Thank you <3 God bless

Attachments

• BmPuo_VCYAEa6CW.jpg
    BmPuo_VCYAEa6CW.jpg
    32 KB · Views: 5

Brightmoon

Apes and humans are all in family Hominidae.
Mar 2, 2018
NYC
✟151,950.00
Country
United States
Faith
Episcopalian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
My youngest had a bad breakup with his girlfriend about 15 years ago. He was heartbroken. I sat him on my lap ( you have to picture this- he was over 6 ft and weighed more than I did. You never really outgrow your need to run to mommy) And hugged him and sang an old Dionne Warwick song to him after he said he’ll never fall in love again. The song - “ I’ll never fall in love again” .

Seriously!
Rule number 1 Stop putting yourself down because your relationship didn’t last.
Rule number 2 . Be more realistic, he wasn’t perfect. You just liked him a lot.

Rule number 3. It hurts. It hurts and of course you don’t want to hurt. That’s normal. Demeaning yourself is just being cruel to yourself. You need a little self care right now. Do something you like to do.

• Friendly
Reactions: Lisanna
Upvote 0

Lisanna

Apr 16, 2018
Charleston
✟1,156.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
My youngest had a bad breakup with his girlfriend about 15 years ago. He was heartbroken. I sat him on my lap ( you have to picture this- he was over 6 ft and weighed more than I did. You never really outgrow your need to run to mommy) And hugged him and sang an old Dionne Warwick song to him after he said he’ll never fall in love again. The song - “ I’ll never fall in love again” .

Seriously!
Rule number 1 Stop putting yourself down because your relationship didn’t last.
Rule number 2 . Be more realistic, he wasn’t perfect. You just liked him a lot.

Rule number 3. It hurts. It hurts and of course you don’t want to hurt. That’s normal. Demeaning yourself is just being cruel to yourself. You need a little self care right now. Do something you like to do.
That story sounds really precious, thank you for the support I appreciate it! <3 I'll try!

Upvote 0