• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.

Featured I'm so depressed right now... What do I do...?

Discussion in 'Christian Advice' started by Neogaia777, May 12, 2018.

1. Mel2020

Mel2020 saved by His Grace

+563
    New Zealand
    Christian
    Single
    If you need to vent or talk, or have a shoulder to lean on, give us a holla via pm :)

May Gods peace be with you through Jesus Christ.

2. Neogaia777

Neogaia777 Apprentice Supporter

+3,391
    Non-Denom
    Celibate
    Thank You!

I will if I need to, OK...

Thanks,

Peace,

God Bless!

3. W2L

W2L Well-Known Member

+10,802
    Christian
    Private
    Wait on the Lord. I would recommend not spending too much time online. It can mess you up, IMO.

4. dga

dga Newbie

+180
    Pentecostal
    Married
    Psalm 56:8, Psalm 112:4,6, Psalm119:50,52,92,93,107, Isaiah 61:1-3, Psalm 68:19, 2Corinthians 1:3-11, Psalm 121:1,2,3,7, Psalm 30:11, Psalm 115:3-8, Psalm 107:41, Psalm 116:6-9, Psalm 22:24, Psalm 94:13,17-19, Psalm 142:2,3, Romans 15:13, Psalm 50:15

5. Richard Ross

Richard Ross New Member

+0
    United States
    Christian
    Married
  6. Richard Ross

Richard Ross New Member

+0
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    Be anxious for nothing but in all things with prayer thanksgiving and supplication let you request be made known unti the Lord and he will give you peace that passes all understanding and guard your heart in Christ Jesus.

7. dhh712

dhh712 Mrs. Calvinist Dark Lord

+269
    United States
    Presbyterian
    Married
    We do have a choice. And we always choose to rebel against God. The question is why has God chosen to save any of us? not why doesn't God save everyone?

You can put a possible relationship above your relationship with God, but it won't make you happy. It may even draw you away from God. The Lord will be merciful to whom he will be merciful. There is no mandate that he doesn't have to give you over to a reprobate mind.

8. Apologetic_Warrior

Apologetic_Warrior Pilgrim

+3,176
    United States
    Christian
    Private
    The answer is simple, we are not omniscient nor immutable, there is no denying we make choices, you chose to create another thread about the topic, you chose to ask for advice, and you'll choose whether to listen and take advice, without coercion, however those choices are influenced and conditioned by your past knowledge and experiences and often especially choices of religious nature which are basic and center of a worldview, those basic axioms and thinking in terms of a network of beliefs linked together will influence other religious choices. We all approach Scripture in this manner. Instead of giving up, why not look into an answer such a mine HERE? Try compatiblilsim and see if it is not helpful for settling the mind, oh and most importantly Biblical. This will require just the opposite of giving up though, it's not the easy or more common route for sure.

9. faroukfarouk

faroukfarouk Fading curmudgeon

+15,035
    Non-Denom
    Married
    Great Scripture verses there! good to remember faith as involving trust. Hebrews 11 comes to mind, about Old Testament saints who took God at His Word.

10. christine40

christine40 Well-Known Member

+5,513
    United States
    Christian
    Married

agreeing with this post ^

neogala
    if you are getting depressed about posting and not feeling like you are making a difference online, time to get offline; spend more time with people in person

because I'm a SAHM now and have missed the comraderie of co-workers, sometimes it seems am online too much when husband and kid aren't home and know that isn't always good

so step away a while and you'll feel better for it
    blessings

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
  11. christine40

christine40 Well-Known Member

+5,513
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    fwiw

there was something on news last night about teen depression and screen time
    imagine adults and too much screen time could also lead to
    depression

people are social creatures; we need interaction with people we can see and talk with
    most communication is picked up nonverbally and that's impossible online