I'm so depressed right now... What do I do...?

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟958,691.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟958,691.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate

I posted these two posts just recently...

If absolutely everything is predestined, and there is no choice, then wouldn't all have to be saved?

Newly discovered dealbreaker

I feel like giving up, got any advice...?

God Bless!
I need to feel like there is some purpose or point to my life... and the only way I have been able to find that is to feel, and then to know that, or to feel or know like I am actually making a difference... Even if it's just small, I don't care... Any kind of positive difference would suffice... but, I wonder if any of this (on here) is really doing that at all...

Is doing "stuff" on here really pretty pointless, and futile, and in vain, or not...?

I need to know, I must know...?

God Bless!

• Friendly
Reactions: vinsight4u
Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
95% of what is done here is pointless. Yes, that's true--unless you consider it an interesting way to waste time. OR, you might consider the other 5% important enough to justify the time spent.

I am referring there to the information that occasionally comes your way and actually does benefit you, the kindness extended by complete strangers online, or the few people who are helped by some Christian Advice you've given them. Maybe that 5% does makes it worthwhile.

Upvote 0

EastCoastRemnant

I Must Decrease That He May Increase
Site Supporter
Dec 8, 2010
Nova Scotia
✟188,109.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Here is a collection of encouraging messages for us to contemplate.... I hope they are a blessing to you!

As we look at a beautiful garden, with its opening buds, let us remember that this is an expression of our Father's love. As we note the varied tints of the flowers and inhale their delicate fragrance, let us think of the words, "Consider the lilies of the field, how they grow; they toil not, neither do they spin: and yet I say unto you, That even Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these." God has given us the flowers to teach us lessons of trust. "Wherefore, if God so clothe the grass of the field, which today is, and tomorrow is cast into the oven, shall He not much more clothe you, O ye of little faith?" If the great Master Artist makes perfect and lovely that which is today, and tomorrow is cast into the oven, will He not care much more for the beings purchased by the blood of His only begotten Son?

We are pilgrims and strangers on this earth, looking for a city which hath foundations, whose builder and maker is God. The path in which we travel is narrow, and calls for self-denial and self-sacrifice. We meet with trial and conflict. But God has not left us to travel without help. Our pathway to the heavenly Canaan is bordered with the fair flowers of promise. They blossom all along the way, sending forth their rich fragrance, like the flowers in the gardens of this earth.

To blot the promises of God from the Word would be like blotting the sun from the sky. There would then be nothing to gladden our experience. God has placed the promises in His Word to lead us to have faith in Him. In these promises He draws back the veil from eternity, giving us a glimpse of the far more exceeding and eternal weight of glory which awaits the overcomer. Let us, then, rest in God. Let us praise Him for giving us such a glorious revelation of His purposes.

All along our pathway, God places the flowers of promise to brighten our journey. But many refuse to gather these flowers, choosing instead the thorns and thistles. At every step they weep and mourn, when they might rejoice in the Lord because He has made the road to heaven so pleasant.

As we look at the promises of God, we find comfort and hope and joy; for they speak to us the words of the Infinite One. Properly to appreciate these precious promises, we should study them carefully, examining them in detail. How much joy we might bring into life, how much goodness into the character, if we would but make these promises our own! As we journey in the upward way, let us talk of the blessings strewn along the path. As we think of the mansions Christ is preparing for us, we forget the petty annoyances which we meet day by day. We seem to breathe the atmosphere of the heavenly country to which we are journeying, and we are soothed and comforted.

Do not think to find happiness in selfish amusement. The flowers thus gathered soon wither and die. True happiness is found only in the Master's service. In Him who is the Light of the world we shall find comfort and hope. Our happiness comes not from what is around us, but from what is within us; not from what we have, but from what we are.

It is our privilege to sing the songs of Zion now, to turn our eyes to the light, to bring hope into our own hearts and into the hearts of others. God wants us to gather His promises, that we may be strengthened and refreshed. Let us take our eyes from the curse, and fix them on the grace so abundantly provided for us. God is dishonored when we fret and worry. Thus we show that we are not trusting in Him, but in ourselves.

This life will have much brightness for us if we will gather the flowers and leave the briers alone. Comfort, encouragement, and support have been provided for every circumstance and condition of life. No temptation comes to us that Christ has not withstood, no trial that He has not borne. He knows each one of us by name. When a burden is placed on us, He stands by, to lift the heaviest weight. He has given us precious promises to lighten every burden. He assures us that His grace is sufficient. Today we have His help. Tomorrow we may be placed in new circumstances of trial, but the promise stands fast, "As thy days, so shall thy strength be."

Let us rejoice in the love of God. Let us praise Him who has made us such royal promises. Let these promises keep our hearts in perfect peace. Let us honor God by weaving more of Jesus and heaven into our lives. Jesus lives. His hand is guiding us. This present life is not the summer but the winter of the Christian, nevertheless He may constantly enjoy the sunbeams of Christ's righteousness. He may have in His heart the peace "which passeth all understanding," even the peace which Christ gives.

Published in The Youth’s Instructor, January 23, 1902

Reactions: Neogaia777
Upvote 0

Mel2020

Not perfect
May 9, 2018
WGTN
✟21,903.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

If absolutely everything is predestined, and there is no choice, then wouldn't all have to be saved?

God Bless!

I need to feel like there is some purpose or point to my life... and the only way I have been able to find that is to feel, and then to know that, or to feel or know like I am actually making a difference... Even if it's just small, I don't care... Any kind of positive difference would suffice... but, I wonder if any of this (on here) is really doing that at all...

Is doing "stuff" on here really pretty pointless, and futile, and in vain, or not...?

God Bless!

This scripture comes to mind when I read your posts....

Proverbs 3:5-6, [5] Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. [6] In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths.

Sounds simple right? Well, it is. Sometimes our understanding of things is different to what the understanding God actually has for us. As children of God, everything we do or say is accountable to God. So that means doing “stuff” on here (depending what it is) affects one person or another. I strongly believe that YOU have a purpose and plan in this life, it’s God’s promise to us as it says in Jeremiah 29:11.

Please remember, YOU are loved, YOU are special, YOU are the son of the Highest King of Kings! You are making a difference by your faith in Christ Jesus - that’s something pretty honouring to God you know :)

Upvote 0

Hidden In Him

Site Supporter
Jan 7, 2017
Lafayette, LA
✟544,986.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

God Bless!

It's about ministry, bud, not just involvement. And to truly minister to people's lives through the Spirit of God, you need to be given over to increasing prayer, preferably in the Spirit. It is when you are truly being used by the Spirit of God that you know you are making a difference.

Do you pray for spiritual gifts?

Upvote 0

paul1149

that your faith might rest in the power of God
Site Supporter
Mar 22, 2011
NY
✟674,964.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
I feel like giving up, got any advice...
There's a difference between giving up and giving it to the Lord. The first is a collapse of faith, leading to despair. The second is an act of faith, leading to peace and rest.
It is God at work in us, to will and to do. We can do nothing on our own, but in Him we are more than conquerors.

The surrender and the infilling must be renewed on a daily basis. Remind yourself of the promises constantly. As Paul says in Philippians, rejoicing will be a protection for you.

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟958,691.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
It's about ministry, bud, not just involvement. And to truly minister to people's lives through the Spirit of God, you need to be given over to increasing prayer, preferably in the Spirit. It is when you are truly being used by the Spirit of God that you know you are making a difference.

Do you pray for spiritual gifts?
All the time, and pray a lot also... Me and God have a very personal, close, intimate relationship (and understanding) with one another...

God Bless!

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟958,691.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
There's a difference between giving up and giving it to the Lord. The first is a collapse of faith, leading to despair. The second is an act of faith, leading to peace and rest.
It is God at work in us, to will and to do. We can do nothing on our own, but in Him we are more than conquerors.

The surrender and the infilling must be renewed on a daily basis. Remind yourself of the promises constantly. As Paul says in Philippians, rejoicing will be a protection for you.
I just feel like I have to (try and) do something, otherwise I feel lost...

God Bless!

• Optimistic
Reactions: vinsight4u
Upvote 0

Dave G.

May 22, 2017
Sandiwich
✟323,979.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
I just feel like I have to (try and) do something, otherwise I feel lost...

God Bless!
That comes down to pride and self. You need to fully give yourself up to God, then He can use you to do the things He has ordained for you to do. The wonder of it all and the satisfaction is in the Lord. But don't fear or despair, we all suffer in the same way LOL ! Next week it might be me on here saying I feel no value.

The second approach is to take a step and see if the Lord meets you in it. Sometimes He waits for us to take a step and then we flourish and do so to His glory.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Hidden In Him

Site Supporter
Jan 7, 2017
Lafayette, LA
✟544,986.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
All the time, and pray a lot also... Me and God have a very personal, close, intimate relationship (and understanding) with one another...

God Bless!

Then keep doing so. You have a heart for God and a heart for others, and this is the kind of Spirit that He can honor. Just pray continually that He make you an ever greater minister to others, and always make a distinction between when you are just posting for fun and when you are ministering in the Spirit. The latter is where your time and effort will be most rewarding.

• Friendly
Reactions: Mel2020
Upvote 0

Dave G.

May 22, 2017
Sandiwich
✟323,979.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Incidentally in case no one said it already, God is our purpose in life. And the eternal afterlife is our destination, we are just passing through here, this life is but a flash in the pan compared with eternity. God's will be done !

Upvote 0

dreadnought

Lip service isn't really service.
Site Supporter
Aug 4, 2012
Reno, Nevada
✟313,356.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Methodist
Marital Status
Celibate

God Bless!
If it's predestination you're concerned about, predestination is nonsense. The Lord is motivated only by love, and his power is limitless. Obey his commandments and enjoy your life. Read John 3:16.

Reactions: Hidden In Him
Upvote 0

1am3laine

Oct 9, 2017
Detroit
Visit site
✟68,961.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

God Bless!

Everything is Ordained but the Christians are Predestined as well.
You still have a choice because GOD knew you would accepted His offer of forgiveness that's why He presented it to you. (Romans 8:29, Ephesians 1:5, Ephesians 1:11, Jeremiah 1:5)

We as Christians have eternal life which means we have ALWAYS existed. Because we are part of JESUS body (1 Corinthians 12:12-27) which has always been. Eternal means always lived and Immortal means once born you NEVER die.

That's why in Jeremiah 1:5 He said He knew Jeremiah before he was formed in the womb because Jeremiah existed before. I know it might seem hard to wrap you head around it but Christians are Eternal which means always been. (John 3:16)

Reactions: Mel2020
Upvote 0

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Site Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
  • Friendly
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

annemk

May 8, 2018
US
✟16,211.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
When I feel depressed sometimes, I pray to God and confess my sins to him. Sometimes confessing and laying it all out before God in prayer helps to lift the weight of depression and whatever we are struggling with inside that we don't understand comes untangled and we can see more clearly. Hope this helps

Upvote 0

SIRSTEVE

May 12, 2018
Philadelphia
✟16,248.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0

SIRSTEVE

May 12, 2018
Philadelphia
✟16,248.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
In John 14:27 of the New International Version of the Bible says, Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.
You know why the scripture tells us not to let our hearts be troubled or afraid. It's because we have a Savior who is standing right by us to rescue us in our time of need.
Yes, there are many things in this world that will come to burden us down and to make us feel depressed. But Jesus is the lifter of all our burdens. All we have to do is just give them to Him. Jesus gave us a profound promise in Matthew 11:28, Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. He promises us that if we will come unto to Him, that He would give us rest.

Rest from depression. Rest from worries. Rest from whatever may be going on in our lives. That's why you do need to give up. God is right here to help you.
All you have to do is just ask the Savior to help you. And guess what my friend, he will do just that.
You mentioned in your message that when you confess your sins to God that you feel better. Keep up the good work. But also do this as well. Begin to Praise God for what you are asking Him to do. After you have confessed your sins to God, begin saying, Father, I thank you because you have heard my prayer. You have forgiven me of my sins, and now I'm praising you for it.
I'm thanking you for lifting the depression. I thank you for lifting my burdens. I thank you because you're working out my problems right now. When you do this, you are opening up the door for God to work on your behalf.
My advice to you friend is this. Lift up your head and stand on the promises of God. Because Jesus Lives, you can face tomorrow. Because Jesus Lives all Fear, depression, failures, health issues, etc., are gone. Because if you know who holds your tomorrow and your future, then life is worth living just because Jesus lives.
Stay encouraged and be strong. If you ever need a word of encouragement, just feel free to post a note here and we will get right back to you.
God bless you...
SIRSTEVE...

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟958,691.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Don't give up. Continue in the race brother! It's a marathon.

Love ya Bro and praying for you!
It's also a relay race, passing the baton to other runners, a race involving others...

Thanks man.

God Bless!

Reactions: redleghunter
Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟958,691.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
When I feel depressed sometimes, I pray to God and confess my sins to him. Sometimes confessing and laying it all out before God in prayer helps to lift the weight of depression and whatever we are struggling with inside that we don't understand comes untangled and we can see more clearly. Hope this helps
I do do that...

Thanks,

God Bless!

Upvote 0