I'm sick and tired of dealing with overly proud and arrogant people...

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟958,991.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate

Any of the rest of you have a problem with these kind of people...?

People who either constantly brag on themselves, or their accomplishments all the time, or "what they know" all the time, OR, (and there is another group) people who constantly, "constantly" talk about themselves and "their" "problems" AND, "their" "problems" with everyone else, and can't seem to get off it, get over themselves, and let it go...?

I have to distance myself from these people,cause it's just not healthy for me, and there is just "no getting through" to them I feel, I use to feel "sorry" for the latter group, and my heart use to really go out to them, but, not anymore...

It's insanity...

Anyone else have this kind of problem sometimes...?

Comments...?

God Bless!

Last edited:

Hearingheart

May 25, 2016
Midwest
✟86,845.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Sometimes lifting people up in prayer helps me to not take on their burdens for myself but it gives them to God. He'll know what to do.
Sometimes when I'm judging others, it's really something in me that God wants me to work on.
And sometimes I just watch. I wasn't put on this earth to engage in endless theological debates with people I can't even hug in real life. I've learned much by watching and it spurs me to search more in my walk with God. But I do understand your frustration. Pray for the body of Christ.

Upvote 0

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,276.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution

People who either constantly brag on themselves, or their accomplishments all the time, or "what they know" all the time, OR, (and there is another group) people who constantly, "constantly" talk about themselves and "their" "problems" AND, "their" "problems" with everyone else, and can't seem to get off it, get over themselves, and let it go...?

I have to distance myself from these people,cause it's just not healthy for me, and there is just "no getting through" to them I feel, I use to feel "sorry" for the latter group, and my heart use to really go out to them, but, not anymore...

It's insanity...

Comments...?

God Bless!

Yes.

Excruciatingly so. (((hug)))

I sooo appreciate what Hearingheart posted. I'm learning to do this more and more.....

but it has been a hard road LOL!

Upvote 0

A_Thinker

Site Supporter
Apr 23, 2004
Midwest
✟953,784.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

It's insanity...

Comments...?

God Bless!

People are, naturally, self-focused ... some more than others.

It is only through the grace of God that we get better at considering others as we consider ourselves ...

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟958,991.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
People are, naturally, self-focused ... some more than others.

It is only through the grace of God that we get better at considering others as we consider ourselves ...
I use to try and work with these people, to help them, to the point of exhaustion and at great cost to myself, that just was not working either (to boot)...

I just can't do it anymore...

If they don't "wake up" it is their own stupid fault...

God Bless!

Upvote 0

Hearingheart

May 25, 2016
Midwest
✟86,845.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Yes.

I sooo appreciate what Hearingheart posted. I'm learning to do this more and more.....

Thanks Brinny for your love and your support...you are a very encouraging person. Blessings to you!

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟958,991.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Yes.

Thanks brinny...

God Bless!

Upvote 0

A_Thinker

Site Supporter
Apr 23, 2004
Midwest
✟953,784.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I use to try and work with these people, to help them, to the point of exhaustion and at great cost to myself, that just was not working either (to boot)...

God Bless!

You can't change a person's nature. Only God can.

You can only present TRUTH and LOVE.

Afterwards, ... shake the dust from your feet ...

Last edited:
Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,276.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Thanks Brinny for your love and your support...you are a very encouraging person. Blessings to you!

God bless you, Hearingheart.....God just got your post posted above mine and you said what i was intending to say and when i saw it i edited mine because it is what i wanted to say.

It's one of the lessons of the heart GOd has been painstakingly and patiently teaching me.

Thank you for sharing that.

Reactions: saved24
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Hearingheart

May 25, 2016
Midwest
✟86,845.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Married

God Bless!

It's only through our obedience and submission to God that people can hear the Holy Spirit's direction and act on it. Really, I think there are way too many who are making an uninformed decision to follow Christ and who is to blame there but those who are leading them into it? So the result is we have a bunch of fans for Christ instead of followers. People who like the title but don't want the sacrifice.
Pray, Pray and Pray some more for everyone you come in contact with. Maybe that's why you're here on CF? I'm very picky about who I engage with but I'm not picky about who I pray for.

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟958,991.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
I'm not really talking about the church or people on here really either...

I have just...? I made the mistake of surrounding myself with these people, cause I felt sorry for them, and I have now lost a lot of friends and people in my life due to this now...

And, I'm just a little upset about it, is all... Frustrated...

They just couldn't see how valuable a friend I could have been to them, that we could have been to each other... Cause they were just always to wrapped up in themselves, and themselves only...

It's very disappointing...

God Bless!

Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,276.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution

I have just...? I made the mistake of surrounding myself with these people, cause I felt sorry for them, and I have now lost a lot of friends and people in my life due to this now...

They just couldn't see how valuable a friend I could have been to them, that we could have been to each other... Cause they were just always to wrapped up in themselves, and themselves only...

God Bless!

:heart: Yes, it's disappointing. We are never ever meant to bear the burden of what only GOD can intervene in. It IS overwhelming and it is heart-wrenching and disappointing. Yet, little by little we surrender it all over to God.....we just tell Him of our disappointment and hurt and anger and frustration, and He WILL help us to just release each n' ev'ry one to HIM. (((hug)))

Upvote 0

Hearingheart

May 25, 2016
Midwest
✟86,845.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Married

God Bless!

I hear you! Been there, done that and know the frustration that comes with it. So what now? Is there a lesson to be learned and where do you go with it?

Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,276.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
I hear you! Been there, done that and know the frustration that comes with it. So what now? Is there a lesson to be learned and where do you go with it?

Me too. Been there, and still am sometimes.

• Friendly
Reactions: Hearingheart
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟958,991.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
I don't know...? Find friends that are not like that, I guess...?

Friends that are not to wrapped up in themselves to not see my value as a friend, or how, or to see how I value them as a friend...?

I guess...?

God Bless!

• Friendly
Reactions: brinny
Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,276.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
I don't know...? Find friends that are not like that, I guess...?

Friends that are not to wrapped up in themselves to not see my value as a friend, or how, or to see how I value them as a friend...?

I guess...?

God Bless!

God it seems is giving you discernment on what "friends" means. In Proverbs we are told to "guard" our hearts. THis is very wise to learn.

Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,276.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Thanks brinny.

God Bless!

Some people we meet need to be ministered to.....which means that we pray for them, but they cannot be "friends" because we must be discerning who we allow into our hearts. That is why we are admonished to "guard" our hearts.

Upvote 0

Hearingheart

May 25, 2016
Midwest
✟86,845.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Guilt and fear are not from the Lord. I want to help people but the battle isn't mine to fight, it's the Lord's. I used to feel guilty about not serving enough or not spending enough time with someone who was struggling and fearing for their salvation or fearful that I would lose friends (I have).
I've learned that God has a way for me to walk that was designed specifically for me in my abilities and gifts as with all of His children. My problems always come when I take my eyes off Him and start looking at me or at others lives or to think people need me more than they do. It's a lifelong process and I can see now that it's worth it.

Upvote 0