I'm seeing a lot of things like this lately.

Dr.GH

Doc WinAce fan
Apr 4, 2005
Dana Point, CA
Visit site
✟2,062.00
Faith
Taoist
I was dragged into contesting the creationist fantasy world when I was the Curator of Anthropology, and Director of Education Programs for a natural history museum. People would be looking directly at a fossil and deny what it was. Sometimes for fun I would open a case and hand the fossil to the creationsit and ask, "Is that real?"

I redesigned exhibits to favor giving people the chance to touch the displayed artifacts, bones, rocks and fossils as much as possible.

We need to remember that ignorance is always reborn. Not one of use was born knowing anything, and it will take only a single generation to destroy all human knowledge. (I sometimes think that that could be the basis for "Atlantis" or "Tower of Babbel" myths, just societies slightly advanced compared to the neolithic farmers surrounding them that allowed the fundies to take over).

Upvote 0

Magnus Vile

Jan 20, 2004
✟11,190.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
To be fair, there aren't a lot of churches that don't claim to be the one true church.

But it's sad to think that the YEC's are spending so much time teaching lies to their children to bolster their own beliefs.

Ok, so YEC's may disagree with me, but you know what? Me and my whiskey say you're wrong. Learn to live with it. :p

I'm currently listening to "While my guitar gently weeps" and the world is good. :)

Reactions: Illuminatus
Upvote 0

Hydra009

bel esprit
Oct 28, 2003
Raleigh, NC
✟18,036.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
#3 and 4 are pretty funny - remember kids, if people react badly to creationist rhetoric, it's because they hate Christianity. Persecution complex ftw!

#8 is a classic example of doublethink - Science class isn't the place for witnessing, but if you get the chance...

#2 and 6 - appear scientific, don't make it look like your evolution-denial is religiously-based, even though...well...you're getting tips on questioning your "evolutionist" teacher on a Christian site...

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

USincognito

a post by Alan Smithee
Site Supporter
Dec 25, 2003
Dallas
✟871,701.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Dr.GH said:
I was dragged into contesting the creationist fantasy world when I was the Curator of Anthropology, and Director of Education Programs for a natural history museum. People would be looking directly at a fossil and deny what it was. Sometimes for fun I would open a case and hand the fossil to the creationsit and ask, "Is that real?"

I've been using a photo from the Smithsonians website of Turkana Boy was my desktop for over a week now, and apart from a few commenting about "severe dieting" and him being my "grandfather" no one has taken the time to engage me over him. I'm just waiting for someone to tell me, when I describe him for what he was to dispute me, so I can ask them why we found an upright human looking fossil with what so clearly is an ape-like cranium and face.

Forget Lucy. Forget all the Australipithicene and non-sapiens Homo fossils we've found - if humans were a special creation, why does Turkana Boy exist at all? If all the anti-evolution side can trot out is "it's a fake" then they're admitting defeat from the get go.

Upvote 0