I'm really sorry I don't know you!!!

daydreamergurl15

Daughter of the King
Dec 11, 2003
✟15,656.00
Faith
Christian
I'm really sorry I don't know who you are. We all claim to be Christians (and I pray that you are based on biblical Scripture--and I really don't want this thread about that) but we're all trying to press on towards the upward calling and instead of encouraging and building each other up, we fight like family. I completely understand why we oppose each other's doctrine but I really wish we were of one mind.

How many of us are trying so hard to live the way God want us to live and stand up for the things He is against? How many will change their entire lives around so that God is their number one priority? Not taking that job because it mean you'll miss being with the Church on Sunday? Or reading your Scripture daily because that's where your comfort in strength comes from? Or making the tough decision to not watch this movie or channel, not think this way or that and try to be transformed by the renewing of your mind. And you change your ways NOT to be loved or for salvation but because you absolutely love God and your desire is to do His will. You're deeds are the result of your faith and we're trying here.

I know there are many more aspects to this life that we change but I can't think of it now. I'm just saying that I wish we were more united because of our love for God and our desire to follow His commandments. Forgive my writing, I can't think of an eloquent way to write this. And yes, I am the perfect hypocrite to write this because I argue with a ton of you guys but I wish I knew you. I think sometimes we forget that other person I oppose, might believe the wrong things but they are trying to make their lives a pleasing aroma to God, I know I am. Even when I fall, my strength is in Him and I really wish I had some of you guys to lean on who is going through the very same thing.

I'm really sorry that I don't know you.

motherprayer

Elisha
Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
✟19,375.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You see, there IS unity to be found, but not among the masses.

Unity is found when two or three are gathered in His name, when we forego theological discourse and get down to the core of why we are here - for Christ.

Hello, and God Bless you! If you would like to see a bit of unity, go to the GT Fellowship thread. We have fun, we go there to enjoy time away from the disagreement. All are welcome, and we encourage you to come as you are :)

Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Hebrews 2:14.... Pesky Devil, git!
Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
I'm really sorry I don't know who you are.

No worries.
Even my own friends and family don't know me, and I get along just fine with 'em :) :groupray:

Reactions: nestoj
Upvote 0

Defensor Christi

Oct 25, 2012
Florida
✟18,281.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
The truth is...I come to GT FOR the debates (arguments)!! It's not that I hate anyone here...its not that I hope to convert or change any perspective...I enjoy two things... 1) Apologetics 2) Debating...so this is a perfect place for me. I am sure that (most) of us would get along wonderfully in our 'real' lives and that we share much more in common with each other then we do with most our co-workers!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
I'm really sorry I don't know who you are. We all claim to be Christians (and I pray that you are based on biblical Scripture--and I really don't want this thread about that) but we're all trying to press on towards the upward calling and instead of encouraging and building each other up, we fight like family. I completely understand why we oppose each other's doctrine but I really wish we were of one mind.

How many of us are trying so hard to live the way God want us to live and stand up for the things He is against? How many will change their entire lives around so that God is their number one priority? Not taking that job because it mean you'll miss being with the Church on Sunday? Or reading your Scripture daily because that's where your comfort in strength comes from? Or making the tough decision to not watch this movie or channel, not think this way or that and try to be transformed by the renewing of your mind. And you change your ways NOT to be loved or for salvation but because you absolutely love God and your desire is to do His will. You're deeds are the result of your faith and we're trying here.

I know there are many more aspects to this life that we change but I can't think of it now. I'm just saying that I wish we were more united because of our love for God and our desire to follow His commandments. Forgive my writing, I can't think of an eloquent way to write this. And yes, I am the perfect hypocrite to write this because I argue with a ton of you guys but I wish I knew you. I think sometimes we forget that other person I oppose, might believe the wrong things but they are trying to make their lives a pleasing aroma to God, I know I am. Even when I fall, my strength is in Him and I really wish I had some of you guys to lean on who is going through the very same thing.

Thought provoking questions sister. Thank you for this thread. :)

Upvote 0

Root of Jesse

Admiral of the Fleet/First Sea Lord
Site Supporter
Jun 23, 2011
Bay Area, California
Visit site
✟354,065.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution

Well, I really try to live life the way Christ wants me to. When I took the job I hold now, and the one I took 8 years ago, I took them, partially, because the work schedule allowed me to attend Mass every day, and to participate in the liturgy, assisting the presiding priest in whatever he needs to be done.

I pray on the bus, then listen to Catholic radio, and keep active here. My only purpose here is to defend the Catholic Church against what people think the Catholic Church is. I don't watch movies or television that would disturb proper thought. I fast forward through most commercials. I observe disciplines of the Church such as fasting on Fridays, prayer before every meal, and after every meal. God is part of every aspect of my life, including the bedroom, and the bank account.

I realize I'm not perfect, and I ask God to accept me, imperfect as I am.

Upvote 0

TruthWarrior

Apr 6, 2013
✟644.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

This is why I don't wanna go to church. The hypocrisy in Christianity today just makes my blood boil. They just pick and choose what scriptures to believe and ignore all the rest that they don't like. They like to live lukewarm and just don't take the Bible seriously. I'm done with church. Jesus is all I need. Modern day churches will just drag you down to their hypocrisy.

Upvote 0
L

Lovely Lane

And you're lovely! :D

^_^
I have gotten use to that user name, kind of grows on me over time. I won't turn Gay will I?

I don't know anyone here, that's not my immediate concern. How much do we know of ourselves? I think I'm a good guy, but that is an opinion greatly influenced by personal bias and prejudices. So, exactly where does one go to find out who one really is? (CF:)), some of you College Grads may know the answer.

To the OP, how many friends did Jesus have? He flipped the Jews world upside down.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

PreachingChristCrucified

Lutheran Church Missouri Synod
Mar 6, 2013
✟1,580.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Private
This is why I don't wanna go to church. The hypocrisy in Christianity today just makes my blood boil. They just pick and choose what scriptures to believe and ignore all the rest that they don't like. They like to live lukewarm and just don't take the Bible seriously. I'm done with church. Jesus is all I need. Modern day churches will just drag you down to their hypocrisy.

You are not to forsake the assembling together of believers.

Hebrews 10:25
Not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as the manner of some is; but exhorting one another: and so much the more, as ye see the day approaching.

Upvote 0

A New Day

Jan 7, 2013
✟16,921.00
Faith
Christian

Amen a very great post may God bless you

Upvote 0
L

LST 1154

Every Saturday morning I meet with about 15 to 20 Christians for a prayer breakfast. There is just about every "flavor" of Protestant denomination represented in those men and women. So what do we concentrate on? Seeing to it that lost men and women, boys and girls have the opportunity to receive Jesus Christ as their Lord and Savior. IMHO THAT is unity.

LST

Upvote 0

ImaginaryDay

We Live Here
Mar 24, 2012
Fawlty Towers
✟30,199.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Separated
Politics
CA-Conservatives
I have to chime in here, too.
To the collective 'you'. I don't know you. Sorry I offended you. I'm sure you're a really great person, and I'm sure we'd get along great if we met. Heck, I'd even buy you a coffee if that's what needed to happen to work out our differences (Starbucks is okay, but I Prefer Tim's). I'll close with this:

"If you don't like me, that's okay, I didn't come here to see you anyway, I came to see Jesus. But if we all see Jesus we'll all get together in the end" -Rev. Lee Stoneking.

Upvote 0