Pittsburgh, PA
✟7,702.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Everythings going wrong. I'm so broken and low right now. I need a saviour. So why is it so hard to give my life to Him? I've wanted to do this for so long but always have had reservations. My pride is strong. Lord I believe, help my unbelief. Anyone have any advice on how to surrender? I don't know what to do.

God bless you brother. I am touched by your story and I'm definitely praying for you.

I think you might be trying a little too hard to "do" something. Why is it so hard to surrender? You answered your own question - our pride is strong. Our nature is opposed to God. (Romans 7:14-20) That's why Jesus had to die for us. You don't have to find God, friend. He finds you. He's obviously already touched your heart because of your being here. "You did not choose me, but I chose you..." (John 15:16)

"If you declare with your mouth, “Jesus is Lord,” and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved." (Romans 10:8-9) That's all you have to do, friend. There might not be any lightning bolts or visions of angels or anything. That's the way it was with me. The night when I gave my heart to Jesus, I quietly prayed, cried and went to sleep. (It was late at night.) The next day I didn't feel totally different, but a new life had begun, nonetheless. I think you might already be a Christian, but if you're not, you're almost there - that's all you need to do.

Upvote 0

servant9901

Aug 17, 2012
✟685.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
I think.

Everythings going wrong. I'm so broken and low right now. I need a saviour. So why is it so hard to give my life to Him? I've wanted to do this for so long but always have had reservations. My pride is strong. Lord I believe, help my unbelief. Anyone have any advice on how to surrender? I don't know what to do.

Jesus preached, Repent ye and Believe the Gospel..Mark 1;15

why must I repent? what is the Gospel?

And God commandeth that all men everywhere repent..

I tell you nay except ye repent ye shall all likewise perish

what is the Gospel?

the Gospel is this

That Christ died for our sins was buried and arose the third day according to the scriptures

For Godly sorrow worketh to repentance to salvation

If we confess our sins He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness

God bless
Evangelist

Upvote 0

TheyCallMeDave

At your service....
Jun 19, 2012
Northern Florida
✟11,541.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I think.

It is simply an act of your WILL . You first consider what the Son of God has done for you by being brutally beaten on a cross out of his great love for YOU and his desire to want you in Heaven forever . If youre not sure on how much Jesus went thru for you, visit www.shroud.com and you can examine what he went thru for you and I and for mankind. This event is grounded in history and it is Gods last effort at reconciling mankind back to himself. There is no other option left. His free gift of salvation is extended to all who truly want it.

I would get alone by yourself and review the many times you have sinned , small and greatly, how youve chosen so many times to live self centeredly , how youve harmed Others, how youve harmed yourself thru the consequences of sin, then tell God how sorry you are and by taking his free undeserved gift thru his Son dying on your behalf to totally erase all your sins . Consider that the very Creator of the Universe loved YOU so much that he chose to enter history to buy your back !

I also had a hard time getting humble before God when i was where you are today, but, it is necessary to surrender your pride by a freewill choice which shows your gratitude to your Creator . God knows its possible, and you do too. Now, just put it into action and dont wait another minute -- many many people die at the 11 th hour in their sins to which there is no going back to get it right . Dont be one of those people. Regards.

Upvote 0