United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Hello everyone,

I was having a very busy day at work one evening where we had multiple customers to serve at once. We were trying to serve them all as efficiently as we could with there only being two or three of us. It was later in the evening and we so happened to not see a couple women who were tucked away at the side, they had been there awhile, but we hadn't seen them. I went to serve one women and she ripped he mask off and started yelling at me about how she had been waiting for twenty minutes to be served. The only time I saw here before then was when she was a ways away from the counter as if she was shopping for other goods or waiting for someone to come into the store. She immediately pulled out the race card and accused me of being prejudice. I told her that I know that there are difficult times right now, that I'm not prejudice, and that I forgave her for the accusation. She told me that isn't what it looked like. I served her and told her that since she had to wait so long that I was going to give her, her food for free. She told me that, that wasn't necessary. I gave her, her food, assured her that I didn't see her and that I wasn't being prejudice, forgave her and, wished her a good evening. She still continued to say that it didn't look that way to her.

I'm white and she is black, I felt that she was accusing me of being prejudice just because I'm white. I wanted to cry and just go home, since it hurt me so for someone I don't even know to say something so untrue about me. I have friends of all colors and backgrounds and I believe that race is something to be celebrated. I believe that ALM and BLM and vice versa. I also believe that the media really blows things up and twists things including our society. Any race can be prejudice against any race even people being racist against people who are white.

Last edited:

Broken Fence

God with us!
Site Supporter
May 1, 2020
TX to New Heaven, New Earth, New Jerusalem
✟142,605.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
Hello everyone,

I was having a very busy day at work one evening where we had multiple customers to serve at once. We were trying to serve them all as efficiently as we could with there only being two or three of us. It was later in the evening and we so happened to not see a couple women who were tucked away at the side, they had been there awhile, but we hadn't seen them. I went to serve one women and she ripped he mask off and started yelling at me about how she had been waiting for twenty minutes to be served. The only time I saw here before then was when she was a ways away from the counter as if she was shopping for other goods or waiting for someone to come into the store. She immediately pulled out the race card and accused me of being prejudice. I told her that I know that there are difficult times right now, that I'm not prejudice, and that I forgave her for the accusation. She told me that isn't what it looked like. I served her and told her that since she had to wait so long that I was going to give her, her food for free. She told me that, that wasn't necessary. I gave her, her food, assured her that I didn't see her and that I was being prejudice, forgave her and, wished her a good evening. She still continued to say that it didn't look that way to her.

I'm white and she is black, I felt that she was accusing me of being prejudice just because I'm white. I wanted to cry and just go home, since it hurt me so for someone I don't even know to say something so untrue about me. I have friends of all colors and backgrounds and I believe that race is something to be celebrated. I believe that ALM and BLM and vice versa. I also believe that the media really blows things up and twists things including our society. Any race can be prejudice against any race even people being racist against people who are white.
Yes I have experienced similar events. I live in a rural texas town. Just be patient and kind. I know is tough, try not to take personally. She does not know you. This protest is way out of control and getting worse. All we can do is pray and protect ourselves. Dear sister, I repeat she does not know you.

God bless.

Upvote 0

A_Thinker

Site Supporter
Apr 23, 2004
Midwest
✟953,784.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hello everyone,

I was having a very busy day at work one evening where we had multiple customers to serve at once. We were trying to serve them all as efficiently as we could with there only being two or three of us. It was later in the evening and we so happened to not see a couple women who were tucked away at the side, they had been there awhile, but we hadn't seen them. I went to serve one women and she ripped he mask off and started yelling at me about how she had been waiting for twenty minutes to be served. The only time I saw here before then was when she was a ways away from the counter as if she was shopping for other goods or waiting for someone to come into the store. She immediately pulled out the race card and accused me of being prejudice. I told her that I know that there are difficult times right now, that I'm not prejudice, and that I forgave her for the accusation. She told me that isn't what it looked like. I served her and told her that since she had to wait so long that I was going to give her, her food for free. She told me that, that wasn't necessary. I gave her, her food, assured her that I didn't see her and that I wasn't being prejudice, forgave her and, wished her a good evening. She still continued to say that it didn't look that way to her.

Good morning, Heartof silver (love the name) ...

The woman you speak of was upset, because she waited longer than she wanted to, ... even as she, herself, contributed to her offense by not appearing to be waiting (i.e. shopping, waiting for a companion, etc.).

As an African-American, who has experienced prejudiced service (though it has been a long time ago), ... we sometimes react as though the worst is occurring again, ... though probably it is not.

Typically, we give our servers the benefit of the doubt, ... but, unfortunately racial tensions have been heightened across the country, and people are on edge from both sides.

Happily, I believe that we are heading toward the ending of the stoking of such tensions, ... and the resumption of better (rather than worse) race relations.

The majority on both sides (all sides) really ... want to get along and thrive together. There is only a small segment of the American population who would rather see us at each other's throats.

I am sorry for your distress over this episode. Take some comfort in the fact that, as bad as it was, ... it wasn't as bad as it could have been. Forgive your sister her offense, ... and let's keep working and praying together.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Radagast

comes and goes
Site Supporter
Dec 10, 2003
✟312,047.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
The majority on both sides (all sides) really ... want to get along and thrive together. There is only a small segment of the American population who would rather see us at each other's throats.

I find that difficult to believe.

Happily, I believe that we are heading toward the ending of the stoking of such tensions, ... and the resumption of better (rather than worse) race relations.

The ongoing stoking of tensions will inevitably have an effect on race relations in the USA.

Upvote 0

A_Thinker

Site Supporter
Apr 23, 2004
Midwest
✟953,784.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I find that difficult to believe.
We've all existed together for some 50 years now ... with occasional distresses (1960's, L.A. riots, George Floyd inspired protests, etc.) ... which have ultimately led to increased equality in Civil Rights, opportunities, and protections, etc. As a society, we are finding our way.

We have achieved remarkable advancements since the days of US slavery some 150 years ago. It hasn't been a road without some bumps, but we are continuing to make progress.
The ongoing stoking of tensions will inevitably have an effect on race relations in the USA.
The removal of Donald Trump from the presidency will result in a severe blunting of such open tensions. There is a reason why Americans make such use of "politically correct" speech.

P.S. How are racial relations going down under ?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Quartermaine

Sep 16, 2019
Alma
✟80,772.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Yes I have experienced similar events. I live in a rural texas town. Just be patient and kind. I know is tough, try not to take personally. She does not know you. This protest is way out of control and getting worse. All we can do is pray and protect ourselves. Dear sister, I repeat she does not know you.

God bless.
and by the same token you don't know her. Are there times and places where minorities are ignored or treated badly by retailers? of course there are. Did you treat that woman badly? I don't believe so at all. Have there been times when this woman was treated badly? I'm willing to be there have been.

Are you a racist? Is she? I don't think for a second either of you are.

Working in retail can be tough, i put myself through school working retail, I know. Sometimes it seems that customers come in looking for a fight and looking to ruin your day...seems. A 30 year veteran of retail told me its best to remember that people who are ruining your day are having a horrible day themselves. if you know you did the right thing then remind yourself of that, be empathetic enough to look at things form their side and then let it go.

Upvote 0

Johan_1988

Jun 17, 2019
Durban
✟30,451.00
Country
South Africa
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Hello everyone,

Hi. I agree your sentiment. Sadly these people have been brain washed (since I know what it's like) by radical left ideologues that are just trying to push a political agenda, even hijacking just causes to accomplish their objectives. I know it's hard not to be offended, I myself have experienced it although I must say most black people I meet here are respectful and have no issue with whites and where there is a problem it's usually political theoretic that has influenced them, but you have to learn to develop a thick skin in this world or you will have a hard time.

I have learned just to be extra friendly to such people then, like you were, and it basically destroys their argument that I have prejudice even if they carry on, they look a bit stupid even if they do not realize it ,having no basis for their argument and might even think twice about their viewpoint and look at the end of the day you cannot let people define the way you feel ,just do what Jesus said by returning good for evil and if that person is still dissatisfied let them be. Then you can be confident you did the right thing and that they are in the wrong and that you have no reason to feel guilty or bad about yourself. One thing never do. Do not apologize for being white or bow to other people of other races. God created all the different races and none are superior to the other.

Reactions: Heartofsilver
Upvote 0

A_Thinker

Site Supporter
Apr 23, 2004
Midwest
✟953,784.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi. I agree your sentiment. Sadly these people have been brain washed (since I know what it's like) by radical left ideologues that are just trying to push a political agenda, even hijacking just causes to accomplish their objectives. I know it's hard not to be offended, I myself have experienced it although I must say most black people I meet here are respectful and have no issue with whites and where there is a problem it's usually political theoretic that has influenced them, but you have to learn to develop a thick skin in this world or you will have a hard time.

I have learned just to be extra friendly to such people then, like you were, and it basically destroys their argument that I have prejudice even if they carry on, they look a bit stupid even if they do not realize it ,having no basis for their argument and might even think twice about their viewpoint and look at the end of the day you cannot let people define the way you feel ,just do what Jesus said by returning good for evil and if that person is still dissatisfied let them be. Then you can be confident you did the right thing and that they are in the wrong and that you have no reason to feel guilty or bad about yourself. One thing never do. Do not apologize for being white or bow to other people of other races. God created all the different races and none are superior to the other.
Something to consider is this. As long as there is racism (i.e. unloving behaviour based on racial difference), ... there will be some degree of unloving response.

Such is analogous to Newton's 3rd Law of Motion ... "For every action, there is an equal and opposing reaction ... "

• Friendly
Upvote 0

Radagast

comes and goes
Site Supporter
Dec 10, 2003
✟312,047.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
The removal of Donald Trump from the presidency will result in a severe blunting of such open tensions.

It seems to me that the "high point" was the election of Barack Obama. Things seemed to go downhill once he took office.

How are racial relations going down under ?

A lot better than in the US.

• Agree
Reactions: Hazelelponi
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

A_Thinker

Site Supporter
Apr 23, 2004
Midwest
✟953,784.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It seems to me that the "high point" was the election of Barack Obama. Things seem to go downhill once he took office.
More like it was a REACTION point.

Racial tension did not bring Obama to the presidency, nor did it bring him his second term of office ...

• Agree
Upvote 0

Johan_1988

Jun 17, 2019
Durban
✟30,451.00
Country
South Africa
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Something to consider is this. As long as there is racism (i.e. unloving behaviour based on racial difference), ... there will be some degree of unloving response.

Such is analogous to Newton's 3rd Law of Motion ... "For every action, there is an equal and opposing reaction ... "

True it can happen like that, but recent event's point to the most likely motivation for what happened. Perceptions can also be artificially induced.

Upvote 0

Radagast

comes and goes
Site Supporter
Dec 10, 2003
✟312,047.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Racial tension did not bring Obama to the presidency, nor did it bring him his second term of office ...

When I said "high point," I meant "of race relations." A low point of tension.

And then tensions seemed to ramp up right through the 8 years of the Obama presidency.

Upvote 0

Arc F1

Let the righteous man arise from slumber
Site Supporter
Mar 14, 2020
Kentucky
✟146,863.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
We've all existed together for some 50 years now ... with occasional distresses (1960's, L.A. riots, George Floyd inspired protests, etc.) ... which have ultimately led to increased equality in Civil Rights, opportunities, and protections, etc. As a society, we are finding our way.

We have achieved remarkable advancements since the days of US slavery some 150 years ago. It hasn't been a road without some bumps, but we are continuing to make progress.

The removal of Donald Trump from the presidency will result in a severe blunting of such open tensions. There is a reason why Americans make such use of "politically correct" speech.

P.S. How are racial relations going down under ?

Am I reading between the lines correctly? Are you in support of people who experienced nothing acting out against those that did nothing? As a white man I've been in plenty of situations where I've experienced racism. I don't run in the streets acting like a victim. I always saw it as bad individuals doing what they do best.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

A_Thinker

Site Supporter
Apr 23, 2004
Midwest
✟953,784.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
As a white man I've been in plenty of situations where I've experienced racism. I don't run in the streets acting like a victim. I always saw it as bad individuals doing what they do best.
My experience is akin to yours.

It is the American way, I'm afraid ...

Upvote 0

Arc F1

Let the righteous man arise from slumber
Site Supporter
Mar 14, 2020
Kentucky
✟146,863.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
My experience is akin to yours.

It is the American way, I'm afraid ...

When people fail they look for someone or something to blame. It's the same regardless of color. A white supremacist will see blacks as the reason and a BLM member sees whites as the reason. A Nascar driver on the other hand will see a pull rope for the garage door as his reason ( sorry but that story was hilarious).

We have never lived in a better time for everyone to prosper yet some still haven't found happiness. Those that are poor think money should be the goal yet there are plenty of rich people who are miserable and acting out. The farther society gets away from God the worse they feel. I don't know why they can't see it. We were all meant to function together as a team and worship the creator.

Upvote 0

cloudyday2

Generic Theist
Site Supporter
Jul 10, 2012
✟568,802.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Racism is merely a special case of categorizing people lazily. For example, when I was in high school a good friend was Chinese and he was also smart, so when I met other Asians there was an expectation that they would also be smart. I was surprised to learn that not all Asians are smart.

So a person might be categorized for other reasons than skin color such as hair style, how they speak, how they dress. And the categorization can lead to overestimation or underestimation of the individual.

I think racism and similar unfair categorization of individuals in unavoidable. The problem is when people knowingly or indifferently categorize others rather than fighting the tendency.

Upvote 0

Landon Caeli

God is perfect - Nothing is an accident
Site Supporter
Jan 8, 2016
CA
✟572,339.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Hello everyone,

If she was black, then it might be best to serve her first. Blacks should be given precedence whenever possible.

When accused of racism on the job, whites should submit and immediately resign from their position in hopes that they might be replaced by a black employee for reparation purposes.

Upvote 0