Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Single
Hi everyone,
I am new to Christian forums!!!

I am a first year Christian college student from a small town in the northeastern United States. As a pastor's son, I have been raised in the church (Presbyterian congregations) my whole life. I've grown up, going to Sunday school and youth group. These are things that I have really enjoyed. I am so thankful that a was brought up in a family who cared so deeply about my faith.

But that's where my struggle comes in...

As a started my way through high school, I found myself drifting away from God. I was ignoring Him and starting to sin more and more without repentance, greatly influenced by the immoral society we are in. I have fallen into the clutches of sin, and I simply did not care. I also fell into an addiction. I believe this addiction has been the dividing line between God and I.

So how about the present...

I am in my freshman year at a Christian college. When I entered, I realized I was at rock bottom. I was utterly broken. I found it difficult to be in the two religion classes I was in. I felt terrible about where to even start.

But, there's hope...

I have recently been trying to climb out of the clutches of sin and this terrible addiction. The Bible is a tremendous resource. There are countless references of putting your hope in the Lord. That is where I am at. I know that if I trust in the Lord, he will deliver me. But, I still struggle, especially in a society that works against Christian morals. There are so many terrible societal influences out there that consume me.

But, I feel like I am making progress. I have begun to read the Bible more and more. I have found hope. However, I still sin. But, I now feel tremendously guilty about this sin. This is a huge step from before, when I did not care about sin at all. I am trying my hardest to climb upward get back on the straight and narrow path. I still feel the clutches of addiction bearing down on me, but at least I am trying to shed them.

Why I'm here...

I hope Christian Forums will be a valuable resource to me as I continue on my journey up. I want to full enjoy the presence of God without feeling feeling so guilty

I see people everyday who are visibly reveling in the joy of God's presence. That is where I want to be.

I want to worship God everyday. I want to be a servant of the Lord. Someday, I want to get married and have kids and raise them to be Godly people. I want to proclaim the gospel.

I am by no means there yet, but I hope that the guidance of the people around me and God's forgiving power can help me get there.

While I know there are so many I-statements here, I just want to turn it all over to God to lead me where He wants me to go.

Thank you all so much

St_Worm2

Simul Justus et Peccator
Site Supporter
Jan 28, 2002
✟2,924,747.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Hi Zach, WELCOME TO CF :wave:

Thank you for your excellent and informative intro (BTW, "I-statements" are what introductions are all about most of the time ;)), especially for sharing how powerfully God has been/is working to bring you back into close fellowship with Him :oldthumbsup:

You are right about the Bible being a tremendous resource, especially at times when we find ourselves struggling .. e.g. Joshua 1:8; Psalms 1:1-3; Psalms 119:9-11; Romans 12:2; Philippians 1:6, 2:13; Hebrews 7:25; 2 Timothy 3:16-17.

God bless you! (Numbers 6:24-26)

--David
p.s. - praying for you too!

1 Thessalonians 5
23 May the God of peace Himself sanctify you entirely; and may your spirit and soul and body be preserved complete, without blame at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.
24 Faithful is He who calls you, and He also will bring it to pass.

Reactions: Tigger45
Upvote 0

Zach0024

Nov 30, 2018
United States
✟22,618.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Single
Hi Zach, WELCOME TO CF :wave:

Thank you for your excellent and informative intro (BTW, "I-statements" are what introductions are all about most of the time ;)), especially for sharing how powerfully God has been/is working to bring you back into close fellowship with Him :oldthumbsup:

You are right about the Bible being a tremendous resource, especially at times when we find ourselves struggling .. e.g. Joshua 1:8; Psalms 1:1-3; Psalms 119:9-11; Romans 12:2; Philippians 1:6, 2:13; Hebrews 7:25; 2 Timothy 3:16-17.

God bless you! (Numbers 6:24-26)

--David
p.s. - praying for you too!

1 Thessalonians 5
23 May the God of peace Himself sanctify you entirely; and may your spirit and soul and body be preserved complete, without blame at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.
24 Faithful is He who calls you, and He also will bring it to pass.
Thank you so much. Thanks for the resources too.

Reactions: St_Worm2
Upvote 0

St_Worm2

Simul Justus et Peccator
Site Supporter
Jan 28, 2002
✟2,924,747.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Hi again @Zach0024, don't forget that God knew 'exactly' what He was getting into and who He was bringing to faith, when He saved you :) He is, in fact, in the business of saving those who are anything but perfect .. e.g. Mark 2:17; Romans 3:23.

Also, never forget that, "all sins shall be forgiven the sons of men, and whatever blasphemies they utter" .. Mark 3:28, and that, just for the asking (for those of us who are Christians .. 1 John 1:9-2:2 :amen:).

Yours and His,
David

Romans 4
5 To the one who does not work, but believes in Him who justifies the wicked, his faith is credited as righteousness.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Zach0024

Nov 30, 2018
United States
✟22,618.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Single
Hi again @Zach0024, don't forget that God knew 'exactly' what He was getting into, and who He was bringing to faith, when He saved you :) He is, in fact, in the business of saving those who are anything but perfect .. e.g. Mark 2:17; Romans 3:23.

Also never forget that "all sins shall be forgiven the sons of men, and whatever blasphemies they utter" .. Mark 3:28, and that just for the asking (for those of us who are Christians .. 1 John 1:9-2:2 :amen:).

Yours and His,
David

Romans 4
5 To the one who does not work, but believes in Him who justifies the wicked, his faith is credited as righteousness.
Thank you very so much. That is something I really needed to hear.

Reactions: St_Worm2
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums