• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Im never going to have a girlfriend or get married

Oct 21, 2003
Central Time Zone
✟107,193.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Unless God heals me, because im 27 with mental retardation. Im hoping the rapture happens soon before im 30. Thank you for the prayers in the other thread everyone.

Be of good cheer brother, there are plenty of people with disabilities of all sorts that are married. I know how you feel though, I've been there, I had not been on more than one date until I was 33, and I had no disability to speak of, and I'm not bad looking guy either. God has His reasons and purposes. Singleness can be useful to the Kingdom, it brought me closer to God and I had time for things I wouldn't have otherwise. Hope this helps, God bless.

Upvote 0

com7fy8

May 22, 2013
Massachusetts
✟586,361.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
a little at a time

You might not have a major girlfriend thing, but you can love and enjoy the ladies who are kind and gentle and quiet. And the loving ones won't put you down, but they will pray about how God wants them to share with you.

And it's the quality, not the quantity.

I have ladies I just see at a distance, but I love them dearly and they are an excellent example for me, of how to be loving and caring and tenderly sharing. So, I would say feed on the example of the ones who help you and are kind to you. And be thankful for all you do have, versus what you might feel you are missing out on.

You can grow in Jesus and discover how relationships develop with different people. And do not look for too much with only one person > that can be an isolation thing, and so it can fail and hurt. But enjoy whatever you do have with each one.

• Friendly
Reactions: IloveJesus-Ly
Upvote 0

IloveJesus-Ly

Jesus Christ died for our sins.
Dec 27, 2018
Kissimmee
✟22,816.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Be of good cheer brother, there are plenty of people with disabilities of all sorts that are married. I know how you feel though, I've been there, I had not been on more than one date until I was 33, and I had no disability to speak of, and I'm not bad looking guy either. God has His reasons and purposes. Singleness can be useful to the Kingdom, it brought me closer to God and I had time for things I wouldn't have otherwise. Hope this helps, God bless.
Thank you.

Upvote 0

IloveJesus-Ly

Dec 27, 2018
Kissimmee
✟22,816.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
a little at a time

You might not have a major girlfriend thing, but you can love and enjoy the ladies who are kind and gentle and quiet. And the loving ones won't put you down, but they will pray about how God wants them to share with you.

And it's the quality, not the quantity.

I have ladies I just see at a distance, but I love them dearly and they are an excellent example for me, of how to be loving and caring and tenderly sharing. So, I would say feed on the example of the ones who help you and are kind to you. And be thankful for all you do have, versus what you might feel you are missing out on.

You can grow in Jesus and discover how relationships develop with different people. And do not look for too much with only one person > that can be an isolation thing, and so it can fail and hurt. But enjoy whatever you do have with each one.
Thank you

Reactions: com7fy8
Upvote 0

Tarvorok

Custos Dei
Jan 14, 2019
Kansas
✟14,798.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Chin up, mate. I have Cerebral Palsy and Autism and I thought for years that I would never get a girlfriend, then one day she came along and we've been together for over a year now. They always say that when you least expect it she will come along, well more often then not it's true.

Try and stay positive, there is someone out there for everyone, regardless of what you think.

Upvote 0

IloveJesus-Ly

Dec 27, 2018
Kissimmee
✟22,816.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Chin up, mate. I have Cerebral Palsy and Autism and I thought for years that I would never get a girlfriend, then one day she came along and we've been together for over a year now. They always say that when you least expect it she will come along, well more often then not it's true.

Try and stay positive, there is someone out there for everyone, regardless of what you think.
Thank you.

Upvote 0