Cis.jd

Dec 3, 2015
New York, NY
✟140,465.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
For so many years i've prayed for God to lead my life, however for so many years i have been growing in anger, loneliness, and now pure doubt. I have prayed for my life to go some where for so long, but nothing. Many people have betrayed me and had no regrets doing so, and to many i had the reputation of being a loser. For years i've prayed and clinged on to faith that God is at the midst of it all, but instead of my life progressing it seems they ended up getting blessings than me. This has lead me to sin, sins i've also been praying for strength to get over.. but nothing. I am powerless. No matter how many times i pray, go to church, attend my prayer groups ever Wednesday... i just can't help but feel the growing of doubt and anger towards God.

How can you have faith in praying? I've seen so many people, in real life or stories around the world that have had it 10x worse than i did. People who have been tortured to brutally murdered, people who are starving or have died due to domestic abuse. They may have prayed to be saved from it, but no answer. If God wouldn't answer theirs, why would i believe that he would answer mine? How do we call God a loving Father? Do we always have to read the Jobs, Psalms, the life of Jesus over and over again?

Reactions: CrystalDragon

John Hyperspace

UnKnown ReMember
Oct 3, 2016
Hyperspace
✟35,143.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
As difficult as it can be to hear, I'm not sure you can have faith without understanding, and it doesn't seem like you have understanding. Saying "I'm losing my faith" to me is like saying "I'm losing my understanding" - it can't be done.

There's a proverb that says "Did you really think you could say 'I have faith' and not be put to the test?" You either have faith in trial, or you never had anything but feigned faith to begin with. As the scripture says "These people honor Me with their lips."

Have you ever actually read the scripture? It's a sincere question meaning no offense. I only ask this because I wonder how anyone could read it and somehow think everything was always going to be easy when the scripture tells you the exact opposite. This is what faith is actually for: hardship.

Upvote 0

Stillicidia

Revanche Flower
Site Supporter
Apr 22, 2016
Mystic Meadows
✟11,021.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Constitution
People should have faith when they pray and ask for things. So much like how your faith is a dwindling thing, even more so, I do wonder if you know what faith is, they don't have faith either when they ask for things. Don't compare yourself with other people, because that will lead downward. They may not have faith when they ask for things, and receive no miracle. That's on them, now for you, what reason do you have that you cannot expect God to pull through to help you, so long as you expect he would help you?

Upvote 0
Nov 7, 2016
Arkansas, USA
✟15,142.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Private
Satan attacks the heart. It's a difficult battle. You say you pray, but do you read the word of God? Remember, conversation is a two-way road. Praying is talking to God, and reading his word is him talking to you.

Man became filled with sin. He ate of the fruit of the tree of knowledge of good and evil, which also gave him death. It's a constant battle between righteous and wicked.

Those who pray to God to be saved do eventually receive their salvation. It may not be in the flesh, but it is sure to come in the afterlife.

I'm sorry to hear about your struggles, but you're viewing the pessimistic side. Ask yourself this: what has God done to better my life? Think about it.
Personally, I prayed for years to receive a new home; one where I felt loved, where I felt like to could survive. Years later after the chain of prayers, I was offered the chance to live with my Aunt and Uncle who didn't even know me, and I accepted immediately. With that acceptance, I began going to church (I was agnostic previously). I remember fearing that as soon as I stepped into the church, I would be dragged into the pits of Hell. Instead, my first steps led to one another; I felt drawn into the church.

I was surely blessed, and I have felt a movement within my soul of the Lord. Faith is all you need. You have to trust in his presence, even if it doesn't always seem logical. You can't always ask for a sign, and receive a glorious one. God doesn't scream in your ear, he whispers; you just have to listen.

Last edited:
Reactions: SnP
Upvote 0

by right paths

Nov 2, 2016
Australia
✟7,742.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
For so many years i've prayed for God to lead my life, however for so many years i have been growing in anger, loneliness, and now pure doubt. I have prayed for my life to go some where for so long, but nothing. Many people have betrayed me and had no regrets doing so, and to many i had the reputation of being a loser. For years i've prayed and clinged on to faith that God is at the midst of it all, but instead of my life progressing it seems they ended up getting blessings than me. This has lead me to sin, sins i've also been praying for strength to get over.. but nothing. I am powerless. No matter how many times i pray, go to church, attend my prayer groups ever Wednesday... i just can't help but feel the growing of doubt and anger towards God.

How can you have faith in praying? I've seen so many people, in real life or stories around the world that have had it 10x worse than i did. People who have been tortured to brutally murdered, people who are starving or have died due to domestic abuse. They may have prayed to be saved from it, but no answer. If God wouldn't answer theirs, why would i believe that he would answer mine? How do we call God a loving Father? Do we always have to read the Jobs, Psalms, the life of Jesus over and over again?

Catholicism has nothing to do with the gospel of Jesus Christ. I suggest you read the bible for yourself, pray and go to a Church which bases ALL of it's teachings on the bible alone.

God bless

Upvote 0

CrystalDragon

Apr 28, 2016
US
✟56,251.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
As difficult as it can be to hear, I'm not sure you can have faith without understanding, and it doesn't seem like you have understanding. Saying "I'm losing my faith" to me is like saying "I'm losing my understanding" - it can't be done.

There's a proverb that says "Did you really think you could say 'I have faith' and not be put to the test?" You either have faith in trial, or you never had anything but feigned faith to begin with. As the scripture says "These people honor Me with their lips."

Have you ever actually read the scripture? It's a sincere question meaning no offense. I only ask this because I wonder how anyone could read it and somehow think everything was always going to be easy when the scripture tells you the exact opposite. This is what faith is actually for: hardship.

I don't think Cis is griping about things "not being easy", it's a matter of how in the Bible and such, God seemed to be there and answer prayers, while for Cis and so many people worse off than him don't seem to be heard or are ignored.

Satan attacks the heart. It's a difficult battle. You say you pray, but do you read the word of God? Remember, conversation is a two-way road. Praying is talking to God, and reading his word is him talking to you.

Man became filled with sin. He ate of the fruit of the knowledge of good and evil, which also gave him death. It's a constant battle between righteous and wicked.

Those who pray to God to be saved do eventually receive their salvation. It may not be in the flesh, but it is sure to come in the afterlife.

I'm sorry to hear about your struggles, but you're viewing the pessimistic side. Ask yourself this: what has God done to better my life? Think about it.
Personally, I prayed for years to receive a new home; one where I felt loved, where I felt like to could survive. Years later after the chain of prayers, I was offered the chance to live with my Aunt and Uncle who didn't even know me, and I accepted immediately. With that acceptance, I began going to church (I was agnostic previously). I remember fearing that as soon as I stepped into the church, I would be dragged into the pits of Hell. Instead, my first steps led to one another; I felt drawn into the church.

I was surely blessed, and I have felt a movement within my soul of the Lord. Faith is all you need. You have to trust in his presence, even if it doesn't always seem logical. You can't always ask for a sign, and receive a glorious one. God doesn't scream in your ear, he whispers; you just have to listen.

I personally have doubts too lately like Cis, and to be frank: reading the word of God was part of what started to cause my doubts in the first place.

Upvote 0

Godlovesmetwo

Fringe Catholic
Mar 16, 2016
Antwerp
✟17,860.00
Country
Djibouti
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Others
People who have been tortured to brutally murdered, people who are starving or have died due to domestic abuse. They may have prayed to be saved from it, but no answer.
I believe the ones that get tortured and have horrific deaths are automatically saved by God. They get their reward in the next life. Even if they aren't Christian.
For me, to make sense of suffering, there must be a reward that we do not witness in this life.

Upvote 0

CrystalDragon

Apr 28, 2016
US
✟56,251.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
I believe the ones that get tortured and have horrific deaths are automatically saved by God. They get their reward in the next life. Even if they aren't Christian.
For me, to make sense of suffering, there must be a reward that we do not witness in this life.

If the reward is the same for just someone who had a good life, it's not fair. Torture isn't fair in general, and I do agree with Cis in being baffled at how people who are tortured can pray and get no help (whereas in the Bible a prophet called a curse in the Lord's name upon boys who were teasing him and bears came to maul them).

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
I'm sorry but on this site we are not allowed to show from Scripture what happens and why this happens.
I don't think Cis is griping about things "not being easy", it's a matter of how in the Bible and such, God seemed to be there and answer prayers, while for Cis and so many people worse off than him don't seem to be heard or are ignored.
------------------------------------------------------------
This is very common, as it is written - all temptations are common to mankind (or to believers), and when those who have
been sifted by satan and recovered are allowed to,
they can turn and help others going through these same experiences as they went through.
Remember the scribes and pharisees were jealous and envious when Jesus and the disciples raised people from the dead and cast out demons and healed the sick --- doing all this good was not welcome nor wanted by the religious leaders,
nor by some or many of the local and regional government leaders/ powers.
They even rejected Y'SHUA MESSIAH ! JESUS THE MESSIAH !
I personally have doubts too lately like Cis, and to be frank: reading the word of God was part of what started to cause my doubts in the first place.

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
If the reward is the same for just someone who had a good life, it's not fair.
Remember Y'SHUA'S(JESUS') answer to this .

"Woe to those who are comfortable now" ("had a good life")
'you will suffer later, and much worse' (basically, paraphrased).

Life is not shown to be fair, anytime from Genesis thru Malachi,
Matthew thru Revelation.

YHWH(GOD) is not fair. IF HE WAS, we would all be dead.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

chevyontheriver

Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2015
Flyoverland
✟1,236,301.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity

'Tain't no cakewalk, as you have figured out. Nothing 'name it and claim it' about being faithful. No guarantee that you won't starve, or be killed in war or a 'random' act of violence. Or be cheated, or shot by a cop at a traffic stop for a broken tail light. We all want a sweet life, but the point is to have a faithful life.

The life of Jesus is about the result of being obedient, which is the practical synonym of being faithful. It's not about the sweet life. It's about service. If you concentrate on being ready for service you will be responding correctly. God loves you and needs you to love others with the same kind of sacrificial love, paying heavily and maybe seeing nothing come of it.

Pray that things go well for others, friends, acquaintances, enemies. Repent even in small steps. Seek joy in the Eucharist. Dare I say even offer it up, old fashioned as that sounds. Consolation is uncommon and although wonderful if it happens, most of us see it rarely if at all. Mother Teresa lived out the last maybe 50 years with no consolations. But her prayers could beacon miracles. She stayed faithful. She knew and trusted whom she believed in.

Upvote 0

chevyontheriver

Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2015
Flyoverland
✟1,236,301.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
Should I go looking for suffering then, if I'm too comfortable now?
Probably. Not actually go looking for it, but when it comes don't act all shocked.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

2PhiloVoid

Site Supporter
Oct 28, 2006
The Void!
✟1,132,565.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

Well, then. Come join the Losers Club with some of the rest of us. My life isn't going anywhere either, but I'm not going to give up on the Lord just because I want to be a "Rock Star" and He refuses to set me up to that level. (Of course, if I were Him, I'd know very well why I didn't set 2PhiloVoid up to be a "Rock Star").

Last edited:
Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
No, actually, SHEEP do not lead themselves, nor provide for themselves, nor even care very well for themselves.
It would be nice if God would do it for us but He does not. We have to grow up and do it for ourselves.
======================================
HE is willing. HE SENT HIS SON TO DIE FOR US, remember?
To see HIS requirements, read the BIBLE and perhaps listen to those who are led by HIM in line with the BIBLE - (those who pass the TEST OF SCRIPTURE, ALL OF THE TESTS, not just some of them)
For so many years i've prayed for God to lead my life
======================================
As written over and over again,
anyone seeking YHWH meditates ON HIS WORD day and night,
and avoids the way of the wicked.
JOYOUSLY AND WILLINGLY those who SEEK HIM and keep seeking HIM FIND HIM> (THIS IS HIS PROMISE, not man's ) .
Do we always have to read the Jobs, Psalms, the life of Jesus over and over again?

Upvote 0

timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟299,620.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single

I have the same sentiments here.

I'm also a very keen observer. And I notice the vast majority of blessings are not miracles at all. It's a combination of having the right set of skills to succeed (not all are), having that 20/20 vision, good social skills, hard work, other factors (like gender or if single or had kids, etc.), and finally, luck.

It doesn't make sense for them to say, "I prayed and God quickly gave them the promotion", etc. It's like saying, I prayed now but God was already working on my life even before I prayed for it....perhaps, even before I became a Christian.

I'm skeptical about that notion because it has "predestination" plastered all over it like God already predestined who will succeed and those who won't.

I'm saying these things because even non-Christians, Atheists even also experience these so called "miracles of success".

It's somewhat hypocritical to say for a Christian to attribute worldly success to God because the New Testament doesn't bring such correlation. And it's somewhat a subtle way of saying "I am having a lot of success because I'm very Godly). We can't ignore about Luke 6:20-26.

What if I became a loser in this world? Does that mean I am doing something wrong or I have not enough faith or I'm not pleasing God enough?

The answer is NO. There are lots of verses in the NT to support that notion. John 15:19, 1 John 5:19 comes to mind and a lot more others.

• Informative
Reactions: Cis.jd
Upvote 0

Jamesbong

Oct 23, 2016
Fiji
Visit site
✟15,330.00
Country
Fiji
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Cis, all problems and answers to life are in the Bible.

God has set everything, all of His plans, from everlasting to everlasting all in the Bible. God really is love, and there are reasons why God didn't answer the prayers of those being persecuted and killed, such as in Syria and Iraq right now.

I'm not a pastor; I'm just a believer, so it's better that I recommend you to listen to this word of God than for me to try to explain badly:

"So faith comes from hearing, and hearing by the word of Christ." (Romans 10:17)

True faith is when you believe in the truth. And the truth is supposed to set you free. But the thing is that we were all in a deep spiritual slumber that we didn't see the truth before.

Please, take the time to listen to the Word that I linked you to, and I hope that you will find a lot of answers to your questions.

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

God heard your prayers and answered them befor the world was formed. "Faith" is understanding that.

Now, if you had "Faith" that God would do things like help you avoid hard times, then that faith will surely fade over time. God doesn't "answer" prayers on demand. He already planned your life. Your task is to hear His voice and follow His lead.

Upvote 0