I'm Looking For Jesus

Sep 6, 2012
✟15,111.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Private
I am looking to find Jesus (for the person I am looking for that is reading this you will know what I am talking about)
I am looking for a mentor who lives in Los Angeles who knows how I can find him. Preferably a minister or someone who has had experience in helping others find Jesus.
I am going to go on a 40 day uninterrupted road trip journey to focus on reforming my life and doing everything it takes to have an encounter with Jesus. I am not looking for theory or just faith but I want an encounter with Jesus. I want to see him. I have been told that if I ask to see Jesus he will appear and that experience will determine the course of the next phase of my life. If you are serious about guiding someone like myself and have the proper credentials or know how then please contact me. I do not have anything to pay you but I will document my process and share with the world.

I am willing to travel anywhere and will leave from Los Angeles, California starting October 15, 2012. I want to start prepping this week.

Thank You

elman

elman
Dec 19, 2003
Texas
✟39,197.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
. I have been told that if I ask to see Jesus he will appear and that experience will determine the course of the next phase of my life.

Who told you that? It is a mistake to assume any human being telling you something knows what he is talking about and all human beings make mistakes, especially when they are telling you something about God or Jesus. I am subject to mistakes also, but my advise is to look for opportunities to serve people in need. If you do that I think you will understand what Jesus was saying when He told the parable of the Good Samaritan and commanded that we love others. You do not have to leave where your are. There are opportunities to help people right in front of you.

Upvote 0

razeontherock

May 24, 2010
WI
✟35,597.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I agree with those above cautioning you that "an encounter" as you have described, or as it has been described to you, may not be your best course of action. If you "leave the door open," so to speak, asking Him to reveal Himself to you as He sees fit, you may indeed find Him, and in a Powerful way! Fasting is also powerful. As is simply reading the bible with an open mind and heart. As is volunteering at the local charity. As is visiting the local Churches, setting up appointments with their appropriate leadership after attending enough services to see if there is any interest ... really anything we do along these lines, God blesses our efforts. In short:

James 4:8 "Draw nigh to God, and he will draw nigh to you"

Upvote 0

GrayAngel

Sep 11, 2006
USA
✟21,292.00
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
The last time Jesus was seen in the flesh was when He ascended into Heaven. It won't happen again until His second coming.

God, however, has shown Himself to others by many means. To Paul, He appeared in bright flashing light, introducing Himself as "Jesus, whom you persecute." But be careful. God works on His own terms and His plans do not revolve entirely on ourselves. As a matter of fact, He has a tendency of wrecking our plans (which is why Paul suggested we say "if God wills it" instead of "I will do this").

If God shows you a sign, good for you. However, don't be too surprised if you find your plans don't exactly match up with God's.

Keep your eyes open. There are many way God works in our lives, which we can easily miss. He may provide something you need right when you need it, but if you don't have the right frame of mind, you can shrug it off as a coincidence. Be open to God's will in your life, however it manifests.

Upvote 0

FutureAndAHope

Just me
Site Supporter
Aug 30, 2008
Australia
Visit site
✟735,652.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi,

I am uncertain that if you seek to have an experience with God that you will get one straight away. God does reveal himself to people, and he has revealed himself to me. But I went through many years of having no experience at all. All I am saying is just be careful not to give up too soon. If you want to read about my experiences I have had with God go to Know God Personally

Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟982,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
God withdrew himself from us but sent Jesus Christ. Jesus left us but sent the Holy Spirit, the church, and the written words of both God the Father and himself. Find a church that actually teaches from the bible and the Holy Spirit will be there. From there you might 'experience' Jesus (there are no guarantees that God will draw you to him). But if your desire is great enough you may 'pester' your way into God's heart, as did the 'importuning' widow. God Bless.

Upvote 0

ViaCrucis

Confessional Lutheran
Oct 2, 2011
Pacific Northwest
✟732,154.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
Christ has told us where to find Him, in His Word and Sacraments given to us and for us. Now, He can be found anywhere, He's not limited to anything or any place. But, we have the assurance by His promises that in these things He can be found--personally and in full.

-CryptoLutheran

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Living in the Light

How may I be a better Christian?
Jan 7, 2012
United States
✟16,371.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
I know you will be successful. Devotion, study, prayer, humility, and LOVE will go a long way in your quest? Will you see an apparition of Jesus? Perhaps, perhaps not. Remember the story of Saul who was converted and became the Apostle Paul on the road to Damascus. My prayers go out to you!

Upvote 0