Minnesota
✟13,363.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
I have a huge gap inside,and I dont know how to fill it.Ive used dating apps and talked with girls but nothing seems to go my way.Ive been praying to God to send me a partner,(a girlfriend)for a very long time,and my faith and my trust in him just isnt there.Ive gotten so discouraged I dont know what to do.Im 20 now,never been in a serious relationship and I still havent seen the manifestation of my answered prayer. Im really depressed about it and I hurts every time I think about it. Im so sick of this it drives me crazy.This seems impossible to overcome and I feel so defeated.

Last edited:
  • Friendly
Reactions: vinsight4u

God is good

Oct 4, 2016
Michigan
✟201,885.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I have a huge gap inside,and I dont know how to fill it.Ive used dating apps and talked with girls but nothing seems to go my way.Ive been praying to God to send me a partner for a very long time,and my faith and my trust in him just isnt there.Ive gotten so discouraged I dont know what to do.Im 20 now,never been in a serious relationship and I still havent seen the manifestation of my answered prayer. Im really depressed about it and I hurts every time I think about it. Im so sick of this it drives me crazy.This seems impossible to overcome and I feel so defeated.
God has an amazing plan for your life I believe and if it's His will for you to have a relationship someday, it will happen. Keep praying buddy, God bless you and Jesus is our Lord and Savior and may His will be done forever.

Upvote 0

Sketcher

Born Imperishable
Feb 23, 2004
✟379,748.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Those feelings come and go. I'm older than you and I haven't had a romantic relationship either, love on my part has been unrequited every time. If I can survive it, you can.

As to answered prayer, don't be too quick to believe that your prayer for a girlfriend has been answered. I made that mistake. It really stung when I found out I was wrong. Keep your head.

Upvote 0

vinsight4u

Contributor
Aug 8, 2003
✟21,426.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
/nvm

Attachments

• upload_2018-1-17_1-27-32.png
    upload_2018-1-17_1-27-32.png
    2.1 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:
Upvote 0

timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟299,284.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
First time I had a GF, I was 29. I'm now 36, no one atm, and never married.

Your problem isn't that of a big deal if you want my honest opinion. You have nothing to be depressed at. Being all alone at 20 doesn't make you any less of a person.

What you need is to learn how to have contentment in any situation.

Upvote 0

mukk_in

Yankees Fan
Site Supporter
Oct 13, 2009
Vellore, India
✟664,706.00
Country
India
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
I have a huge gap inside,and I dont know how to fill it.Ive used dating apps and talked with girls but nothing seems to go my way.Ive been praying to God to send me a partner for a very long time,and my faith and my trust in him just isnt there.Ive gotten so discouraged I dont know what to do.Im 20 now,never been in a serious relationship and I still havent seen the manifestation of my answered prayer. Im really depressed about it and I hurts every time I think about it. Im so sick of this it drives me crazy.This seems impossible to overcome and I feel so defeated.
You are complete in Christ son. Spend more time with Him, and He'll give you a wife when the time's right. God bless :).

Upvote 0

Humble me Lord

Site Supporter
Apr 17, 2017
The far north icebox
✟190,331.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Been where you are brother, and I didn't have God in my life then. Jumped into the first marriage that opportunity presented, because I was lonely, because I was doing things my way, and not Gods way. That was a major disaster. AFTER I got saved, and AFTER I got right with God, did I find my wife God intended for me, and I was 35. Learn from my experience, cultivate a personal relationship with God. He is right there, wanting that close relationship, and then the Holy Spirit will guide you.
He has a plan for your life brother and He loves you unconditionally.
Praying for you and God bless you

Reactions: Catherineanne
Upvote 0

T-seven

Aug 30, 2017
Johannesburg
✟10,179.00
Country
South Africa
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi John6574, firstly, I'd like to say that I understand where you're coming from and it isn't great.

I would like to run something past you and hopefully give you a better perspective or a new one should I say.

Let's be honest here, getting a girlfriend or a boyfriend (applying to a woman), can also be translated or understood as meaning sex is going to happen somewhere along the line.
Not always, but more than likely.
So, let's run with this hypothetical for a moment.
Do you think God would set up a relationship that would ultimately mean sex before marriage ?
Now I'm not saying this is your motive at all, but seeing as this is a make believe situation let's consider that for a moment.

James tells us in 4:2 - 3,
You do not have, because you do not ask. 3 You ask and do not receive, because you ask wrongly, to spend it on your passions.

Could this be ?

Perhaps and this might be a big one, but lets think about what if you asked God for a "marriage partner".
No, I'm not nuts.
At least that would appeal to God a whole lot more.
I'm just saying.

I remember praying that prayer once, "God give me a wife", almost immediately the Scripture came to mind from Proverbs 24:27.
"Prepare your work outside And make it ready for yourself in the field;Afterwards, then, build your house".
In other words, go and get a job before I give you a wife.
Well I did find employment and after a while I prayed the same prayer again,"God give me a wife".
And He did, God almost immediately dropped an image of a woman I knew into my mind.
She wasn't even someone I was interested in, but after that day I just could not seem to get away from her.
After a mere three months of dating, we got married and I've been married to her ever since - well over twenty years.
And I love her more and more.

I don't know if any of this helps but please remember one thing, God always has your best interests at heart.
He hasn't turned a deaf ear on you, God hears everything we say.
He knows that you long for relationship just look around in your life or motives and see if there could be anything that might be blocking your way forward.

Cheers and God bless, hope you find joy soon.
My prayers are with you.

Upvote 0

God bless Joshua

Nov 16, 2017
Sabah
✟19,493.00
Country
Malaysia
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Why are you so desperate ?
You are still so young and first you need to stand on your own foot without depending on your parents, then you can start looking for wife.

If you can afford to buy a home and a good income, it will be easy to pick a wife.

Upvote 0

john6574

Jan 17, 2018
Minnesota
✟13,363.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Why are you so desperate ?
You are still so young and first you need to stand on your own foot without depending on your parents, then you can start looking for wife.

If you can afford to buy a home and a good income, it will be easy to pick a wife.

Im not really asking God to send me a wife,more of like a long time partner that will turn into a marriage relationship.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

God bless Joshua

Nov 16, 2017
Sabah
✟19,493.00
Country
Malaysia
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Im not really asking God to send me a wife,more of like a long time partner that will turn into a marriage relationship.
A long time partner ? the longer you go with a girl without marriage the sooner it can break.

Upvote 0

TerryWoodenpic

Nov 23, 2017
Oldham
✟39,925.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Widowed
First you have to start being realistic.
More and more people today are turning to dating agencies and dating sites to meet people.
Opportunites to meet people of a like mind face to face has changed forever.
However there are many thousands of males and females out there looking for each other as there ever was. It is just that modern life makes it more difficult than ever.
Then again what can you offer a partner... can you hold a conversation a female would find amusing and interesting, do you have any interests, do you have any sporting interests, can you dance,sing play a musical instrument. Do you read, have you got a steady or interesting job, have you got a group of friends. Are you clean and presentable. What can you offer to a relationship.
It is not enough to be male and available.
Just as you need to prepare your self to be employable,you have to prepare yourself for
relationships. Probably the most important is to get out there and mix with other people.
Failing that contact a dating agency, may be a christian one.

The worst thing to do is to be too desperate and over keen.

Upvote 0

God bless Joshua

Nov 16, 2017
Sabah
✟19,493.00
Country
Malaysia
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Ive used dating apps and talked with girls but nothing seems to go my way.

You need to talk with your parents, siblings, friends, relative, just say "Hey i'm still single, any girl you know to make friend with me ?" I'm sure they will know.

• Agree
Reactions: john6574
Upvote 0

Catherineanne

Sep 1, 2004
Europe
✟76,860.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Widowed

It is certain that God has a purpose for your life.

It is equally certain that it isn't that you sit there, pray for something, and he delivers it by Amazon. You are not defeated; you have't even started.

Your purpose is NOT for you; it is for others. You are only 20; you have a whole lifetime ahead of you. Find out what it is that God wants you to do to serve those who are less fortunate than you are, and somewhere along the way you may also find your life partner. Just think of the kind of woman you would want; one who is seeking her own purpose in life, and seeking to serve God as best she can.

Where would you find such a woman, do you think? Go there, and become the kind of man she deserves to find, in her turn. And forget the dating apps; I am pretty sure God has a better way than that for you.

Upvote 0

2PhiloVoid

Get my point, Web-Maker ???
Site Supporter
Oct 28, 2006
The Void!
✟1,131,584.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

Hi John,

I was also severely lonely (and extremely) depressed at age 20, and needless to say, my life and lack of relationships at that time made it all just feel like things really sucked quite bad.

So, as someone who has been in your shoes at the same age, I can definitely tell you that the general contours of what you are likely thinking at the present moment probably won't turn out the way you think they might ... There's a LOT that goes into a relationship with another person, especially if that person is going to be a wife someday. There's also a lot of things that need to be in order for this to happen, the first thing being that Jesus has to be directing the process. And then, there are some other things, too.

So, there is hope, but you're going to have to realize that it will require some work, brother. It won't just fall into your lap by prayer. It can also be more than you bargained for. ;)

By the way, I've been married now for over 23 years to the same sweet (but very strong-willed) gal.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: john6574
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Halbhh

Everything You say is Life to me
Site Supporter
Mar 17, 2015
catholic -- embracing all Christians
✟1,157,377.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Much like me at age 20 (which let me tell you is really quite young still). Please be aware for one thing that the average age of marriage is like about 28 for men, meaning a lot get married in their 30s to balance with the ones that get married younger.

If I could write a letter through time back to myself at 20 and not allowed to mention any specific women, but only general advice, I'd say that the best of all love that fills the true need in the heart is the love of God, and the way to it is through that which Christ said is the 'greatest commandment' (as you can find His saying of it in the gospels), and this is the love helps lead you best to other loves, because with this love of God happening, then you can do 'love one another' much better, and that opens doors to meeting more people also.

Reactions: 2PhiloVoid
Upvote 0