Bethesda
✟29,070.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
It's been a long road. I felt like my 20s were supposed to be a time of discovery and soul searching. But it all led back to Christianity.

My main reasons for exploring: curiosity, a desire to be unique/eclectic (which may be a pride issue), looking into the purpose of life, and a way to deal with problems (1. maladaptive daydreams 2. smoking 3. difficult people).

The paths I explored abound: hedonism (typical 20-something, no? just kidding), stoicism, LaVeyan Satanism, epicureanism, science, Buddhism, New Age, and philosophical pessimism (I think that's it).

All fell short.

Funny thing is, I never stopped believing. I just distanced myself from God and pretend to be "agnostic." For example, as a Satanist, I got into a car accident and called out to Jesus! Poser. :)

Now that I realize that am in fact a Christian and probably always will be, things aren't such a huge deal. I have my purpose: love God, love your neighbor. Simple! It's not so grandiose and convoluted. It's not so self-important. And one of the problems I had with stoicism was that it was too analytical.

Like I said, things don't weigh on me so heavily anymore. As a pessimist, I saw people as "drooling wolves." I hated them and resented them. Now I know they're human beings who make--usually very minor--mistakes. Now I can greet them and not feel paranoid. I thought I was hearing voices. The mental health industry said I had schizophrenia. Now I know I have maladaptive daydreams and they don't bother me that much if I just agree to get a life.

God is good. All the time.

Tolworth John

Site Supporter
Mar 10, 2017
Tolworth
✟369,679.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I realize that am in fact a Christian

It is not clear from your post what you think makes you 'christian', could you clarify ?

Also as a Christian you have far more to do than just letting God work through you.

Get involved in your churches youth work.
Nearly every young person there is toying with the idea of doing what you have done.

You can point out just how pointless and self indulgent other so called spiritual experiences are .

Upvote 0

Southernscotty

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Mar 5, 2018
Arkansas
✟504,848.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Celibate
For example, as a Satanist, I got into a car accident and called out to Jesus! Poser. :)
This made me spew coffee out my nose this morning laughing and that hurt . Shame on you lol

Upvote 0