I'm Leading Young Adults Ministry...Advice Ideas?

James238

Mar 17, 2018
Ontario
✟15,253.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Hello There!

Ive signed up for this forum because I am starting with a Young Adults ministry as leadership,we have a decent group already! Starting to log challenges,vision and the words of God here could help 1 Theo.5-11 "Therefore comfort each other and edify one another, just as you also are doing." Im looking to be able to set challenges on here and follow through without harsh judgement or criticism as I may get with our leadership :). This may evolve into a video vlog but lets start small here...

So a bit about what ive been up to, I do have a full time job and help out with the childrens ministry at my church as well as starting to do young adults soon. I have been trying to memorize the book of mathew NKJV ive written 5:1-26 on my heart already! PLUS! Im starting to get into photography,oh, and I'm going to be fasting from unnecessary purchases for the remainder of this month and next(Excluding coffees:p) Im in my late 20s and starting so fresh and am loving it, God has graced me soo much!

So tomorrow me and my girlfriend are going to bake cookies for our appartment complex,which is about 8 doors.With plans to do something special around Easter/Good Friday! Consistency is paramount.

Challenge 2 is what I call "Footwork"for the young adults...do we have fun? yes,do we read and study our Bibles? check. Do we support each other and bear one another? a major YES!. but do we "associate with the humble"? not really,do we preach the gospel? cant say we do,do we encourage and exhort the already called Christians? do we visit the sick,the prisoners the...well you get the idea.No,no we don't.

My vision

So my vision for our group is to radically change the reputation of our Church to be seen by the public as humble and loving,I hate hate, and believe the wrath of God will be delivered by God to the hearts of men,delivered not by men. Jesus my God is not a religion,its a relationship.

So I need ideas where to start? Im going to go volunteer to various places,we make the road by walking it.So Im going to see where
theirs already need,embolden my own faith,confidence,connections, by volunteering THEN invite the caravan along.

"For Love and Grace to see His face!"

James238

Mar 17, 2018
Ontario
✟15,253.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Okay well Ive looked over the site and where I should start logging my daily ventures as a Christian here...and best I can find is blogs,clubs or roaring twenties...I think Ill move on to Blogs after this. Also a big thank you to everyone who commented yesterday it encourages me to write more.

So....This is a lot I advise skipping...long story short my girlfreind is being disrespectful.and idk what to do.
As an update I did not go to Church today,and we are not making any cookies for neighbors today,so that activity will be pushed to Easter Saturday. The reason for this is that my girlfriend is in another town,she came over yesterday and was constantly disrespectful when I was speaking and challenging me on every third sentence I spoke, as we did devotionals,our 30 minute devo. took an hours and fifteen. Then when I got on the phone yesterday and was outlining our plans again she was cutting me down.
AND the day before I had planed us to meet some friends for coffee as they are going to mission trip,she challenged me on her attendance,the amount of money,and the morning of she was to be here for me cooking breakfast, and because I didn't pick up when she called she went back to bed and was 40mins late...
SDuring devotionals I said I need a moment went into the other room opened a window and took some breaths and came back. and said I feel disrespected when you interrupt me while im talking/reading, and when you need me to justify every statement and explain every third sentence that comes out of my mouth. I understand the need for clarity,but she got this sly satisfied look from me getting tense,and said it was "just a joke". So I said
Well call her...Sandra "Sandra,you are making me feel disrespected when you....Ive done all i can do up to this point,idk what do when your like this,now is your chance to figure something out...and I got nothing,but "I was just joking."

OKay Skippers this is where where we can pick up!

So last night I got the same on the phone of her challenging me on 70% of my points and I had had enough,I told her I think it be good if tomorrow I stayed home.and she let me be for Sunday instead....
Now I do like being challenged keeps me sharp,increases my confidence in what I do.But I believe disrespect and challenging are different things. All women should challenge their husbands on decisions,plans,finances etc. its Gods way of keeping us accountable.
But interrupting,smiling while agitating someone,pulling up ALL shortcomings especially when when they are trying to do good, is not like iron sharpens iron,its more of stomping on my love. Oh, and a added point,I dont do good things to get a pat on the back, from strangers or close friends even Sandra dosent matter if its reciprocated or not.I ty and let Mat 5:16 my light so shine fourth before men that they may see my good works

In short...any advice?,I need something Ive found two strong blogs/articles online. but wow this is becoming challenging and if I dont stop typing now ill be on here all day.

"Love and Grace to see his Face!"

Upvote 0

Southernscotty

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Mar 5, 2018
Arkansas
✟504,848.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist