Mississippi
✟14,306.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I enjoyed this video, but I must admit watching it challenged me again. I registered here complaining about this very thing lol, feeling like a "nobody." It very much seems one of life's lessons as a mortal and limited human being is how much Glory belongs to God and how we completely depend on Him. This is a most curious arrangement to things, one I would rather have not been a part of honestly. I'd rather have been a saintly sentient creature endowed with the powers of a god on some other planet where the fall never happened than a rebellious one that needs to know a lowly and humble existence. But there seems to be great rewards for being human and going through such a thing as being lost then found, as per this passage:

Luke 15:3–7 (KJV 1900)

3And he spake this parable unto them, saying,

4What man of you, having an hundred sheep, if he lose one of them, doth not leave the ninety and nine in the wilderness, and go after that which is lost, until he find it?

5And when he hath found it, he layeth it on his shoulders, rejoicing.

6And when he cometh home, he calleth together his friends and neighbours, saying unto them, Rejoice with me; for I have found my sheep which was lost.

7I say unto you, that likewise joy shall be in heaven over one sinner that repenteth, more than over ninety and nine just persons, which need no repentance.

Upvote 0

miamited

Ted
Site Supporter
Oct 4, 2010
Seneca SC
✟705,807.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi elixer,

One of the great lessons for believers, I believe, as to how we are to live our lives, is that it is backwards from what the world teaches. Now, please understand that we're all human and we all are subject to falling into the web of the world's desires from time to time. However, sitting back and realizing that some of the things that we strive for in our lives, isn't really what God asks or desires of us.

Seek first the kingdom of God, and His righteousness, and all these things will be added unto you.

It's a hard lesson when we hear and see all around us that our parents and our friends and our loved ones want us to be worldly successful in the things that we so often strive for. But God's economy, is different.

Blessed are the poor...
Blessed are the hungry...
Blessed are those who are persecuted for my name's sake.

We don't want to be poor, or hungry, or persecuted. In Christ, we are never poor because we have the richness and fullness of the promises of God in Christ. In Christ, we are never hungry because we have the word of God which is for us like the manna that God poured out on Israel.

But, persecuted? Yes, we can expect to be persecuted for Christ's name. But, we can rejoice that such persecution is a blessing to God in the living of our lives.

I believe that the easiest way to not feel like a nobody, is to concentrate on others. Get out of our pity, pity me because I'm so lonely. Rather, ask God to give you a ministry to others that will make you somebody to the Lord. A pleasing sacrifice of our very hands to others.

Yes, that kind of thinking often requires a complete resetting of what we hold as our most important values, but I think it's what God asks of us.

God bless you,
In Christ, ted

Upvote 0

Elixir

Site Supporter
Jun 13, 2019
Mississippi
✟14,306.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hi elixer,

One of the great lessons for believers, I believe, as to how we are to live our lives, is that it is backwards from what the world teaches. Now, please understand that we're all human and we all are subject to falling into the web of the world's desires from time to time. However, sitting back and realizing that some of the things that we strive for in our lives, isn't really what God asks or desires of us.

Seek first the kingdom of God, and His righteousness, and all these things will be added unto you.

It's a hard lesson when we hear and see all around us that our parents and our friends and our loved ones want us to be worldly successful in the things that we so often strive for. But God's economy, is different.

Blessed are the poor...

We don't want to be poor, or hungry, or persecuted. In Christ, we are never poor because we have the richness and fullness of the promises of God in Christ. In Christ, we are never hungry because we have the word of God which is for us like the manna that God poured out on Israel.

But, persecuted? Yes, we can expect to be persecuted for Christ's name. But, we can rejoice that such persecution is a blessing to God in the living of our lives.

I believe that the easiest way to not feel like a nobody, is to concentrate on others. Get out of our pity, pity me because I'm so lonely. Rather, ask God to give you a ministry to others that will make you somebody to the Lord. A pleasing sacrifice of our very hands to others.

Yes, that kind of thinking often requires a complete resetting of what we hold as our most important values, but I think it's what God asks of us.

God bless you,
In Christ, ted

I couldn't agree more, this really resonates with me. Too often I've felt alone and singled out in my struggles, but this "un-schooling" seems like a thing required of believers. It's a funny thing, I've been quite in love with the pursuit of truth and spirituality over the span of my 30 years here so far, and I'm fortunate despite all the exploring of other religions to have come back to Christ and seeing Him as the living truth and the Word of God. I've sought to move beyond vanity to know, love and do what really matters (focusing strongly on trying to understand spirituality), and it seems that's open to anybody - even a nobody like me ;).

Blessed are the poor...

This very passage was coming to mind too :) !

Thank you so much, God Bless!

Upvote 0

miamited

Ted
Site Supporter
Oct 4, 2010
Seneca SC
✟705,807.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi elixer,

Let us encourage one another in righteousness and truth!

God doesn't want us to feel alone or lonely. However, it's a different understanding of loneliness. We often feel alone in this world because it seems like no other person wants to relate with us or be a friend. Often times we can exacerbate the problem because we also don't want to put ourselves 'out there', so to speak, to be a friend or companion. Often times we equate loneliness not to whether or not we have friends, but rather, not having a romantic attachment.

When Jesus promises us that we will never be alone, he is not speaking of the kind of relationship that we generally have on the earth. He is with us in our spirit. We have a deep abiding understanding that no matter what we're going through, Jesus is there with us and knows what we're going through, but it isn't as a physical presence like we might have with a close friend among people.

So yes, I would agree that there is a certain amount of 'readjustment' necessary to understand that we, believers, really aren't ever alone. But we can feel lonely as to earthly relationships. From your post, I'm gleaning that you are about 30 years old. I know when I was 30, worldly relationships did seem more important to me than they do today.

There are, I believe, pretty good examples that a lot of believers have felt lonely in the world. Elijah cried out to the Lord that no one was with him. The Lord, however, rebuked him and told him that there were 5,000 who had yet not bowed the knee to Baal. Paul speaks of times when he felt alone. But both of these men knew, that despite their loneliness among other people, God was with them.

God bless,
In Christ, ted

Upvote 0

Elixir

Site Supporter
Jun 13, 2019
Mississippi
✟14,306.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hi elixer,

Let us encourage one another in righteousness and truth!

God doesn't want us to feel alone or lonely. However, it's a different understanding of loneliness. We often feel alone in this world because it seems like no other person wants to relate with us or be a friend. Often times we can exacerbate the problem because we also don't want to put ourselves 'out there', so to speak, to be a friend or companion. Often times we equate loneliness not to whether or not we have friends, but rather, not having a romantic attachment.

When Jesus promises us that we will never be alone, he is not speaking of the kind of relationship that we generally have on the earth. He is with us in our spirit. We have a deep abiding understanding that no matter what we're going through, Jesus is there with us and knows what we're going through, but it isn't as a physical presence like we might have with a close friend among people.

So yes, I would agree that there is a certain amount of 'readjustment' necessary to understand that we, believers, really aren't ever alone. But we can feel lonely as to earthly relationships. From your post, I'm gleaning that you are about 30 years old. I know when I was 30, worldly relationships did seem more important to me than they do today.

There are, I believe, pretty good examples that a lot of believers have felt lonely in the world. Elijah cried out to the Lord that no one was with him. The Lord, however, rebuked him and told him that there were 5,000 who had yet not bowed the knee to Baal. Paul speaks of times when he felt alone. But both of these men knew, that despite their loneliness among other people, God was with them.

God bless,
In Christ, ted

Amen!

For better or worse, I've learned to become accustomed to having no friends (at least none I make regular contact with any more). Perhaps some internet friendship is possible for me if I can do well with the basics of social etiquette (I seem to have struggles even here keeping friendships, and I've lost some good ones perhaps because I don't think I measured up to their standards). Though I think to a degree it's become a strength to be pretty much alone (except for family) but not lonely :) . Perhaps this has been pivotal in drawing me to God, otherwise I may have been too busy. But still faith without works is dead faith and I don't want to end up burying my talents. Fortunately, I think things are turning around for me participating on Christian forums though :D !

I think everyone experiences some degree of being alone in this world on some level, by virtue of its design. So long as I am an individual in this body of flesh, never truly knowing another like I know myself, or even my own depths of being, by virtue of limitation of perception, and though I may walk with God here on Earth, that being incomparable to being in His presence in spirit, fully at one with Him, I will always feel some degree of lack or desire fueling my motivation for doing Kingdom work :) . But the Holy Spirit is very comforting, especially knowing that, as this verse goes, I likewise:

Galatians 4:6–7 (KJV 1900)

6And because ye are sons, God hath sent forth the Spirit of his Son into your hearts, crying, Abba, Father.

7Wherefore thou art no more a servant, but a son; and if a son, then an heir of God through Christ.

Blessings!

• Friendly
Reactions: Halbhh
Upvote 0