New Zealand
✟8,620.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Recently I've been fascinated by Catholic theology and I would like to learn more about it, are there any good books or websites out there that can be recommended to a noob like me? I'm mainly intrested in learning about the differences between Protestantism and Catholicism as well as its origins.

JimR-OCDS

God Cannot Be Grasped, Except Through Love
Oct 28, 2008
The Kingdom of Heaven
Visit site
✟187,283.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
You'll find it difficult to obtain a book which makes comparisons between Catholicism and other religions.

Mostly, Catholic liturature is about the Catholic Church, her doctrines, history or spirituality.

So, you would need to narrow your search down to what area you want to learn about.

In all of my reading over the past 36 years, Catholic authors rarely talk about other religions and never in the negative.

Jim

Upvote 0

isshinwhat

Pro Deo et Patria
Apr 12, 2002
Visit site
✟13,555.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Amazon.com: Rome Sweet Home: Our Journey to Catholicism (9780898704785): Scott Hahn, Kimberly Hahn: Books

BARNES & NOBLE | The Lamb's Supper: Experiencing the Mass by Scott Hahn | NOOK Book (eBook), Hardcover, Audiobook

Both of these books are excellent, each of which deals with aspects of Scott Hahn's conversion.

Amazon.com: Catholicism and Fundamentalism: The Attack on "Romanism" by "Bible Christians" (0008987017752): Karl Keating: Books

C&F is a pretty good look at the differences between the Catholicism and different Fundamentalist groups.

Welcome to OBOB, and feel free to ask away with any questions you may have.

Also, for websites, the Catholic Encyclopedia and Joe Gallegos' site on the Church Fathers are good references for history.

NEW ADVENT: Home
Corunum Catholic Apologetic Web Page

Upvote 0

isshinwhat

Pro Deo et Patria
Apr 12, 2002
Visit site
✟13,555.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Amazon.com: Rome Sweet Home: Our Journey to Catholicism (9780898704785): Scott Hahn, Kimberly Hahn: Books

BARNES & NOBLE | The Lamb's Supper: Experiencing the Mass by Scott Hahn | NOOK Book (eBook), Hardcover, Audiobook

Both of these books are excellent, each of which deals with aspects of Scott Hahn's conversion.

Amazon.com: Catholicism and Fundamentalism: The Attack on "Romanism" by "Bible Christians" (0008987017752): Karl Keating: Books

C&F is a pretty good look at the differences between the Catholicism and different Fundamentalist groups.

Welcome to OBOB, and feel free to ask away with any questions you may have.

Also, for websites, the Catholic Encyclopedia and Joe Gallegos' site on the Church Fathers are good references for history.

Corunum Catholic Apologetic Web Page

http://www.newadvent.org/cathen/

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Apr 11, 2011
✟2,974.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Recently I've been fascinated by Catholic theology and I would like to learn more about it, are there any good books or websites out there that can be recommended to a noob like me? I'm mainly intrested in learning about the differences between Protestantism and Catholicism as well as its origins.
"Catholicism and Fundamentalism" by Karl Keating or "The Lamb's Supper" by Dr. Scott Hahn

Upvote 0

Rhamiel

Member of the Round Table
Nov 11, 2006
ohio
✟241,111.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
the Youth Catechism is very very readable
it is called the YOUCAT
and it is set up in a basic question and answer format

May God bless you in your quest for knowledge and may He grant you wisdom

Job 28:28
And he said to man: Behold the fear of the Lord, that is wisdom: and to depart from evil, is understanding.

Upvote 0

MoNiCa4316

Totus Tuus
Jun 28, 2007
✟34,687.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private

Welcome! :wave: Anything by Scott Hahn would be good :)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

sky1

Aug 10, 2011
✟286.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Check out

Hundreds of Free Catholic Books

You should start with the Top 6 books.

Which are:

The Diary of St Faustina Kowalska
Fatima, In Lucia's Own Words
Calls - by Sister Lucia
Autobiography of St Anthony Mary Claret
Story of a Soul - St Therese of Lisieux' autobiography

Although none of them talks about protestantism per se, but reading the books you WILL know the difference, trust me

And it's just a click away, and the best, they're free

All the best

Upvote 0

sky1

Aug 10, 2011
✟286.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0