I'm in Israel, what do I do?

BarbB

I stand with my brothers and sisters in Israel!
Aug 6, 2003
NJ summers; FL winters
✟25,548.00
Faith
Messianic
Politics
US-Republican
Upvote 0
Feb 7, 2004
SE USA
Visit site
✟238.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
that beresheet site is a trip - the English page icon is at the top of the page.... :)

this is their stated purpose for their event:
Join the experience of 3 magical days camping out in nature, musical shows, theatre, holistic workshops and more and more.

beresheet festival believes in combine culture, music, love, peace & temporary sanity in nature, believe in good & refuse to cooperate in violence & hatred.

Believing in you wonderful people.

Follow your dreams & the power of dreams to create tomorrow's reality
wishing everyone a happy holiday, joyful life, bliss & health
nothing about G-d in their promotional information....

Upvote 0

Acts2024

Oct 3, 2005
Chicago, Illinois
Visit site
✟316.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Adiel batKelev said:
that beresheet site is a trip - the English page icon is at the top of the page.... :)

this is their stated purpose for their event:
nothing about G-d in their promotional information....

Please pray :crossrc: that we will be a light in a dark place. Most festival goers are into the New Age, Muslim, or Jewish faiths and have not met the Messiah personally yet. May JESUS be lifted up and may all people be drawn to Him!

THANKS, Tom

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

BarbB

I stand with my brothers and sisters in Israel!
Aug 6, 2003
NJ summers; FL winters
✟25,548.00
Faith
Messianic
Politics
US-Republican
Acts2024 said:
Please pray :crossrc: that we will be a light in a dark place. Most festival goers are into the New Age, Muslim, or Jewish faiths and have not met the Messiah personally yet. May JESUS be lifted up and may all people be drawn to Him!

THANKS, Tom

Praying for you, Tom, that you be a light in the darkness! :hug:

Upvote 0

yod

the wandering goy
Sep 6, 2003
Dallas, TX
Visit site
✟1,749.00
Faith
Messianic
In the Galilee there is so much to see that I don't know where to start. You should go by and see Har Meggido for sure.

In Jerusalem, after the obvious choices of the Mount of Olives and the Kotel, you should go to the City of David and see Hezekiah's tunnel. Bring a flashlight and go into the water as far as you can from the pool of Gihon to the pool of Siloam.

Man....there are soooo many things to see there that 3 weeks aren't enough. What are you doing on a stupid computer????

GET GOING!!!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

HaNotsri

Jun 10, 2004
Madison, WI
✟8,832.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I was there on a mission/tour trip with the ICEJ in July/early August...you can see pictures at the ICEJ's Grafted website I am the one getting baptised (actually rededicated) in the Yarden...

...anyways, I took some time to go and do some things on my own as well. I'll just break down what I saw and enjoyed. I hope to go back to Israel if not every year, every other year.

The Galilee (Yam Kinneres):

The Tomb of the Matriarchs (Kivrei haImahos) in Tiberias (Teveryah): Bilhah, Zilphah, and Yocheved are buried here

The mouth of Jordan River (Yardenit): Where the Kinneres becomes the Yarden, there is a baptismal site there (where I was rededicated)

The boat museum on the Kinneres: A 2,000 year old fishermen's boat was uncovered here and they created a museum surrounding it

Taghba: The place where the loaves and fishes miracle occured

Cappernaum (K'far Nachum) and the Mount of Beatitudes: Where Jesus gave his Sermon on the Mount

There are many other things to see in the Kinneres. To the northwest is the Golan Heights. There is also the town of Ts'fas (Safed), which is a town of particular Qabbalistic importance. Don't forget to swim and eat St. Peter's fish!

Emek Yarden/Yam haMelach:

Now if you take route 90 down through the Judea (Yehudah) and Samaria (Shomron) which is part of the West Bank, you'll go past some areas of biblical importance like Beis She'an and Har Gilboa (where Shaul haMelech was killed and inturn hung up). You'll continue south along the Emek Yarden and you can see Jordan on the other side. You'll pass a few Israeli yishuvim (settlements) and spot banana trees. You'll pass the spot where Jesus was baptised in the Yarden and the now Palestinian-controlled Yericho (Jericho).

Soon you'll come to the Ein Gedi (you'll have already entered the area where the Yam haMelach [the salt sea or Dead Sea] is located). Ein Gedi (Spring of the little goat...you'll know why its called that when you get there) is where Dovid haMelech hid from Shaul haMelech. He also wrote many of his Tehillim (Psalms) there while in hiding. Continuin southward you'll come to a spa or two along the Melach and you can float in the sea itself. You can also swim and go in sulfur pools and all sorts of neat things. Even further southword you'll come to Matsada where the Jewish zealots held against the Romans for almost three years finally committing suicide.

Next would be Yerushalayim and the surrounding (Beis Lechem and Chevron, etc)...but I have to run now. I'll continue in a bit...

Michael

Upvote 0