Indianapolis, IN
✟549,630.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
I'm so anxious, sad, and unsettled. I want to be happy. I want to have peace. I want to feel loved and accepted. But life always seems to break me and cause me to grow more and more discouraged, lonely, ane afraid.

I lie to people I care about, I give in to doubts, fear, and lust. I do know it is wrong and I feel so guilty. But I don't want to face the consequences of confessing my lies. And I have such a hard time with prayer and Bible reading because I don't know how to motivate myself. I'm just so stubborn, selfish, and lazy.

I wish I wasn't so alone.
I wish I could feel supported and understood.

But no one seems to understand.

I lie and rebel because I will never be godly enough. God won't be able to help me overcome my wretched self and the problems in my life.

He won't take my prayers seriously because I'm a disgrace who sins on purpose because I'm too scared or to lazy to do things the way I should.

I don't want to live like this anymore.
Well, not to be too indifferent, welcome to the club. It doesn't sound like your abnormal, it sounds like you are simply becoming increasingly aware of the difficulties of this life. Your post sounds like a prayer of confession and according to my Bible, realizing you are a sinner is the gateway to the gospel.

Any way, welcome to CF, hope you enjoy your stay.

Grace and peace,
Mark

Upvote 0

Dave-W

Welcoming grandchild #7, Arturus Waggoner!
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Maryland - just north of D.C.
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Lisa you wrote this:
I know what you're saying, and I won't disagree with you. It's just so frustrating because I don't think I can ever just be satisfied with God; I'm not that amazing.
It would be great to be a spirit-filled, faith-filled, joyful, content with everything, intimate with God Christian.
I'm afraid I will never get even close.
It's so hard.
in a folder most of us cannot reply to. (only teen age girls can write there)

Could you re-ask your questions in another folder that more of us can reply to?

Upvote 0

Lisa12383

Dec 3, 2015
Minnesota
✟17,725.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Lisa you wrote this:

in a folder most of us cannot reply to. (only teen age girls can write there)

Could you re-ask your questions in another folder that more of us can reply to?
That was only a reply to a comment made on my original post. But I suppose I could do that with the original message.

Upvote 0

Dave-W

Welcoming grandchild #7, Arturus Waggoner!
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Maryland - just north of D.C.
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
That was only a reply to a comment made on my original post. But I suppose I could do that with the original message.
Yes please. I did not quote the original here since it contained some rather personal info.

But I would submit that those personal issues cannot effectively be addressed by others in the same situation. (teen age girls)

Upvote 0