Georgia
✟17,579.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
Instead of scanning the horizon of your life, looking for the things that need to be done concentrate on the task before you and the One who never leaves your side. Let everything else fade into the background This will unclutter your mind, allowing Me to occupy more and more of your consciousness.

• Friendly
Reactions: teresa
Upvote 0

Lisa12383

Dec 3, 2015
Minnesota
✟17,725.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Hello Lisa, glad you found us and joined CF!
Welcome!
@hope is right, you might find friendship and like minded Christians in the teen area.
Don't give up. God loves you and wants a relationship with you, no matter what you have done.
God bless you
Thank you.

• Friendly
Upvote 0

Lisa12383

Dec 3, 2015
Minnesota
✟17,725.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Instead of scanning the horizon of your life, looking for the things that need to be done concentrate on the task before you and the One who never leaves your side. Let everything else fade into the background This will unclutter your mind, allowing Me to occupy more and more of your consciousness.
Thank you.

• Friendly
Upvote 0

Lisa12383

Dec 3, 2015
Minnesota
✟17,725.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Just believe that Jesus has died for you and forgiven your sins. That is the Gospel. Living up to a particular standard of "godly" behavior is not the Gospel.

You need to understand that your are judging yourself more harshly than God ever could. It's not wrong to notice you are a sinner, in fact that's a good thing, but don't let be the final word in how you understand your relationship with God
Thank you. It's hard for me, but I'll try to push away the image of an angry God.

• Friendly
Upvote 0

Lisa12383

Dec 3, 2015
Minnesota
✟17,725.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Hello my dear
Do a simple thing right now. Go somewhere alone and go down on your knees. Close your eyes. Say the Lords Prayer. Say to Jesus Christ that you belong to Him. Tell him you give your life to Him and ask him to guide you in all things. As for the Peace of Jesus to be all around you. Ask Him for signs today that he is real and alive and here.
Then see how your day goes. Relax trust and leave it to him. Get on with all you must do.
Do this each day and watch the miracles happen.
You are loved and precious.
Remember it always. It is people like you that Jesus particularly wants, those who know they are sinners and truly wish to change.
May the peace of the Lord be with you. Xxx
Thank you. I don't think I can bring myself to go so far yet. But I will consider praying more.

Upvote 0

Lisa12383

Dec 3, 2015
Minnesota
✟17,725.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
I have suggested this in other threads for anyone who feels the same way as you do. Find the pdf of "The Bondage Breaker" by Neil Anderson. He lists who you are in Christ. When you read that list, you will find that you are seriously underestimating what Christ has done for you on the cross and the completeness of your salvation and that you are a new creature in Christ. I think that you have been exposed to false teaching about sin in your life. You are condemning yourself for sin when God does not condemn you. I think you should utterly reject the teaching of those false teachers and accept what Neil Anderson says what God thinks about you. Then you will find freedom in Christ from self condemnation and sin consciousness.
Thank you. It's so hard to feel accepted and forgiven by God when my sin is discgraceful and ongoing. I know that no one stops sinning, but I'm just so stubborn and trapped in it, so it seems like there's nothing God can do - not even forgive me.

• Friendly
Upvote 0

DavidFirth

Saved by the blood of the Lamb
Site Supporter
Nov 8, 2017
North Georgia
✟47,035.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Thank you. It's so hard to feel accepted and forgiven by God when my sin is discgraceful and ongoing. I know that no one stops sinning, but I'm just so stubborn and trapped in it, so it seems like there's nothing God can do - not even forgive me.

God loves you and His Son died on the cross for you. God's love, mercy and grace is stronger than the sin in your life. Infinitely stronger. Please heed all of the great advice you've been given above.

CF is all about love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, gentleness, faithfulness and self control. You can be stronger than your sin in Jesus Christ.

John 3:16
For God so loved the world (which includes YOU, Lisa) that He gave His only begotten Son, so that whosoever (YOU again) believes in Him should not perish, but have eternal life.

Yes, you can be saved. Yes, eternal life is available to you in Jesus. Jesus defeated sin and death for us.

• Friendly
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

DavidFirth

Site Supporter
Nov 8, 2017
North Georgia
✟47,035.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Luke 23
40But the other criminal rebuked him. “Don’t you fear God,” he said, “since you are under the same sentence? 41We are punished justly, for we are getting what our deeds deserve. But this man has done nothing wrong.”

42Then he said, “Jesus, remember me when you come into your kingdom. ”

43Jesus answered him, “Truly I tell you, today you will be with me in paradise.”

• Friendly
Upvote 0

Presbyterian Continuist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 28, 2005
Christchurch New Zealand
Visit site
✟833,237.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
The Scripture says that ALL sin shall be forgiven (Mark 3:28). A worse sin is insulting God by saying He is a liar when He says in His Word that ALL your sin is forgiven through Jesus taking ALL your sin, past present and future on the cross with Him when He died for you. Is Jesus a complete Saviour or not? If you are wallowing around thinking that God does not forgive you, aren't you saying that Jesus is not a complete Saviour for you. What are you going to believe? God's Word, or what you see in yourself? I don't think that it is because God does not forgive you. You have a problem with self-forgiveness. You can't forgive yourself. When you get around to reading the pdf that I suggested, you will see what I mean.

• Friendly
Upvote 0

Lisa12383

Dec 3, 2015
Minnesota
✟17,725.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
The Scripture says that ALL sin shall be forgiven (Mark 3:28). A worse sin is insulting God by saying He is a liar when He says in His Word that ALL your sin is forgiven through Jesus taking ALL your sin, past present and future on the cross with Him when He died for you. Is Jesus a complete Saviour or not? If you are wallowing around thinking that God does not forgive you, aren't you saying that Jesus is not a complete Saviour for you. What are you going to believe? God's Word, or what you see in yourself? I don't think that it is because God does not forgive you. You have a problem with self-forgiveness. You can't forgive yourself. When you get around to reading the pdf that I suggested, you will see what I mean.
I know that all sin was forgiven, but I thought it was biblical to think that the sins Christians continue to commit should be repented from and asked for forgiveness like the people in the Bible and that God is still angry at sin and punishes the Christian even though Jesus died. That's where I am. I'm drowning in selfishness and sin. I think I'm in a position where He is rightfully angry and disappointed with me. Especially after Jesus was crucified.

• Friendly
Upvote 0

FireDragon76

Site Supporter
Apr 30, 2013
Orlando, Florida
✟1,261,123.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Politics
US-Democrat
Thank you. It's hard for me, but I'll try to push away the image of an angry God.

That could be due to your religious environment or it could be due to personal experiences, like your relationship to your parents.

• Friendly
Upvote 0

DavidFirth

Site Supporter
Nov 8, 2017
North Georgia
✟47,035.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I know that all sin was forgiven, but I thought it was biblical to think that the sins Christians continue to commit should be repented from and asked for forgiveness like the people in the Bible and that God is still angry at sin and punishes the Christian even though Jesus died. That's where I am. I'm drowning in selfishness and sin. I think I'm in a position where He is rightfully angry and disappointed with me. Especially after Jesus was crucified.

It is good that you have reached out to CF. Make some friendships here and you will develop a better understanding of Jesus, what He taught and what the Bible teaches. This is a place that encourages you rather than scolds you. Like all of us here, you have much to learn about God and how He really feels about you.

John 6
40For my Father’s will is that everyone who looks to the Son and believes in him shall have eternal life, and I will raise them up at the last day.”

• Friendly
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Lisa12383

Dec 3, 2015
Minnesota
✟17,725.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
That could be due to your religious environment or it could be due to personal experiences, like your relationship to your parents.
It's true. I've hardly experienced genuine kindness and acceptance in my life. I can't begin to imagine I God with tender love towards a vile person like me.

• Friendly
Upvote 0

Presbyterian Continuist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 28, 2005
Christchurch New Zealand
Visit site
✟833,237.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
The work of the Holy Spirit is not to make you into a better person. The is New Age thinking. The Holy Spirit works to transform you mind from thinking about how bad you are to thinking about who you are in Christ. When you start thinking and believing about who you are in Christ, then everything about you follows on. There is no middle ground. You either think of yourself as a vile sinner needing forgiveness, or you think of yourself as a new creature in Christ. Jesus has taken all the guilt, sense of inferiority, and punishment of sin from you when He died for you on the cross. Being born again is not become religious and trying to make yourself holy. As long as you keep trying to do that, you will sink deeper into discouragement, bad feelings about yourself, self pity and defeat. You can't make yourself acceptable to God by trying to be better. You become better by accepting the fact that God has already accepted, forgiven and cleansed you from all sin. Jesus has taken all that sin off you and clothed you with His righteousness. God no longer sees you as you see yourself. The mantle of Jesus' righteousness blocks His view of it. You can reckon yourself as righteous in Christ, even though there are remnants of bad habit patterns in your mind and body.

If you have had the need for improving your own holiness drummed into you over a long period of time, it is no wonder that you feel the way you do. It may be that you need to be delivered of a spirit of self-condemnation and self-loathing, and from the lying spirit that continues to tell you that you are no good and that God will not forgive you. These are lies from the devil and they are holding you in bondage. You need to say to these demons, "I am born of God and you cannot come near me, so get our of my system. I bind your influence and take my freedom from you in Christ." The demons have then no choice but to flee from you so that your mind can be opened to the truth of who you really are in Christ.

Upvote 0

teresa

Site Supporter
Dec 15, 2015
united states
✟285,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
He can transform your mind! You can be restored to knowing who you really are, a daughter of the King!

c45d59188da0d347d6e68c92fb9b5978--romans--dear-god.jpg

Upvote 0

Dave-W

Welcoming grandchild #7, Arturus Waggoner!
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Maryland - just north of D.C.
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Hi Lisa! I would suggest that you have been listening to a lie from the devil.
I lie and rebel because I will never be godly enough. God won't be able to help me overcome my wretched self and the problems in my life.

He won't take my prayers seriously because I'm a disgrace who sins on purpose because I'm too scared or to lazy to do things the way I should.

I would say that almost everything you wrote there was straight from the enemy and accuser of the brethren. It is full of all kinds of condemnation and hopelessness.

God does convict us of our sins, but not by condemning us or making us feel like miserable failures.

Our Lord's conviction basically says "Yes, you messed up here; but let ME help you to turn that around and do better." There is strength and encouragement. If it is NOT strengthening and encouraging, it is from the devil, and should be completely rejected. (that takes a lot of practice)

And there are things the devil has convinced us are sins that may actually NOT be sins. (just so he can keep goading us)

The REASON the devil does that, make us feel like a piece of (expletive deleted), is to keep us away from God, confessing to Him and getting His cleansing and righteousness.

1 John 1:9
If we confess our sins, He is faithful and righteous to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.​

Upvote 0