Lisa12383

Dec 3, 2015
Minnesota
✟17,725.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
I'm so anxious, sad, and unsettled. I want to be happy. I want to have peace. I want to feel loved and accepted. But life always seems to break me and cause me to grow more and more discouraged, lonely, ane afraid.

I lie to people I care about, I give in to doubts, fear, and lust. I do know it is wrong and I feel so guilty. But I don't want to face the consequences of confessing my lies. And I have such a hard time with prayer and Bible reading because I don't know how to motivate myself. I'm just so stubborn, selfish, and lazy.

I wish I wasn't so alone.
I wish I could feel supported and understood.

But no one seems to understand.

I lie and rebel because I will never be godly enough. God won't be able to help me overcome my wretched self and the problems in my life.

He won't take my prayers seriously because I'm a disgrace who sins on purpose because I'm too scared or to lazy to do things the way I should.

I don't want to live like this anymore.

teresa

Site Supporter
Dec 15, 2015
united states
✟285,092.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Hello and welcome to CF, we are glad you are here, Lisa.

You are not alone here as many of us also struggle with the same issues. There are several places here on the forums for you to reach out and discuss your concerns.

Reactions: DavidFirth
Upvote 0

teresa

Site Supporter
Dec 15, 2015
united states
✟285,092.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
"For where two or three are gathered together in My name, I am there in the midst of them." -- Matthew 18:20

For prayer lisa, we have a prayer wall where you can ask for prayers for your specific needs

Prayer Wall

Upvote 0

teresa

Site Supporter
Dec 15, 2015
united states
✟285,092.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
dear lisa
take your time as you go about exploring CF as we are a very large site. if you need help with navigating the site, check out our team of angels to minister to you here:

Need Help? CF Ambassador Team Contact List

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

teresa

Site Supporter
Dec 15, 2015
united states
✟285,092.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
you are supported and loved:heart:

we hear you and understand you:couplekiss:

Our god has your back! He can do anything, Lisa, and this journey you are about to take with us is just the beginning.

Have some patience and don't give up!:hug:

Upvote 0

Humble me Lord

Site Supporter
Apr 17, 2017
The far north icebox
✟190,331.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Hello Lisa, glad you found us and joined CF!
Welcome!
@hope is right, you might find friendship and like minded Christians in the teen area.
Don't give up. God loves you and wants a relationship with you, no matter what you have done.
God bless you

• Agree
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Presbyterian Continuist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 28, 2005
Christchurch New Zealand
Visit site
✟831,404.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
I'm so anxious, sad, and unsettled. I want to be happy. I want to have peace. I want to feel loved and accepted. But life always seems to break me and cause me to grow more and more discouraged, lonely, ane afraid.

I lie to people I care about, I give in to doubts, fear, and lust. I do know it is wrong and I feel so guilty. But I don't want to face the consequences of confessing my lies. And I have such a hard time with prayer and Bible reading because I don't know how to motivate myself. I'm just so stubborn, selfish, and lazy.

I lie and rebel because I will never be godly enough. God won't be able to help me overcome my wretched self and the problems in my life.

He won't take my prayers seriously because I'm a disgrace who sins on purpose because I'm too scared or to lazy to do things the way I should.

I have suggested this in other threads for anyone who feels the same way as you do. Find the pdf of "The Bondage Breaker" by Neil Anderson. He lists who you are in Christ. When you read that list, you will find that you are seriously underestimating what Christ has done for you on the cross and the completeness of your salvation and that you are a new creature in Christ. I think that you have been exposed to false teaching about sin in your life. You are condemning yourself for sin when God does not condemn you. I think you should utterly reject the teaching of those false teachers and accept what Neil Anderson says what God thinks about you. Then you will find freedom in Christ from self condemnation and sin consciousness.

Upvote 0

Grace2022

Jun 9, 2017
Worcestershire.
✟92,922.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Hello my dear
Do a simple thing right now. Go somewhere alone and go down on your knees. Close your eyes. Say the Lords Prayer. Say to Jesus Christ that you belong to Him. Tell him you give your life to Him and ask him to guide you in all things. As for the Peace of Jesus to be all around you. Ask Him for signs today that he is real and alive and here.
Then see how your day goes. Relax trust and leave it to him. Get on with all you must do.
Do this each day and watch the miracles happen.
You are loved and precious.
Remember it always. It is people like you that Jesus particularly wants, those who know they are sinners and truly wish to change.
May the peace of the Lord be with you. Xxx

Upvote 0

FireDragon76

Site Supporter
Apr 30, 2013
Orlando, Florida
✟1,257,448.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
Politics
US-Democrat

Just believe that Jesus has died for you and forgiven your sins. That is the Gospel. Living up to a particular standard of "godly" behavior is not the Gospel.

You need to understand that your are judging yourself more harshly than God ever could. It's not wrong to notice you are a sinner, in fact that's a good thing, but don't let be the final word in how you understand your relationship with God

Upvote 0