Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I have someone whom I met from my church whom I had let live in my apartment. He's been using me for money, and I can't stand to be around him right now. I want him to leave right now. I know that won't give me my money back, but I want him gone.

I asked the pastor of our young adults group from the church, and I tried getting in contact with two other people from this same church.

No one has contacted me, and the pastor at one point did mention that what ever happens between me and this person is between us. I suppose that implies that she might not want to help if something bad were to happen between us.

I am stressed out, and feel lost.

I want to point this out, I AM A LONELY GUY. I thought that this guy was a little shady, but people like him and they respond well to him. I thought that having him as a friend would benefit me and help me out socially. But, I'm scared that it might be too much for me.

If I kick him out, I will basically lose my only friend in this entire state. I LIVE VERY FAR FROM HOME. And, basically, I feel incredibly alone. My brothers and dad don't like me, and my mom is the only person I can connect with.

I'm afraid that once she dies I will lose the only person in the world I have a real connection with.

I am a sad person, and I have problems with people. I'm depressed, and I need God's help. I don't know what to do with this person.

Should I kick him out? Should I continue going to this church?? What should I do? Will I stay so lonely forever?

I feel so pathetic and weak. I'm afraid of dying, but when things begin to look hopeless, I sometimes wish it would all just end. I just wouldn't want it to become terrible once it does end - ie. I go to Hell or something like that.

For a while, having this person around was nice. I liked the company, and it kept me from looking at inappropriate content which also made me feel better. inappropriate content does make me sad and depressed and hate myself.

But, I don't know if I want him around anymore. I don't know if keeping him around will help me more than hurt.

BUT, IT MIGHT. I just need God to help me figure this out.

Also, I'm worried about myself at work. If things go terrible for me, then I might have no choice anyways.

I hope that my pastor from this church does take the time to talk to meet me and this "friend" of mine.

To learn more about what I am talking about, please see this thread:

Church Sucks. What's the point?

Bjornke

May 8, 2011
Visit site
✟8,121.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Dear Brother,

I will be praying for you brother! Please though if you ever feel like ending it all, remember that God does love you very much, and he will never abandon you. He loves you even when you think you're ugly and hate yourself. I struggled with suicide once in my life brother, and by God's grace and love I managed to come out of it. I am most concerned that you feel so depressed, but I am also concerned that you are uncomfortable with this person. Please brother, seek God in earnest prayer about this situation. Let Him guide you, and let Him help you with your struggles including the inappropriate content, this man living with you, and the suicidal thoughts. Brother, you are loved by God, the Church, and myself. Even if it sounds weird coming from some stranger wacko over the internet, I love you brother, and if you ever get lonely, I am here. PM me whenever you need. I would be more than happy to listen and help you with whatever.

I will be praying for you deeply brother.

With Love,

Brandon

Upvote 0

ForeverHopeful

Senior Veteran
Jun 19, 2006
✟11,669.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Hello brother in Christ. I am sorry you are feeling unloved by your dad and brothers and are feeling like you made a mistake giving this guy from your church a break. I am glad you are lifting this all up in prayer though, because I know and believe that God can change our circumstances in just one minute as long as we have faith in him, and trust his will and timing. He can remove all thoughts of suicide and depression and give you clarity regarding your friend and your family. You are blessed to have such a loving mother. Keep praying and have faith, your prayers will be answered.

Father, in Jesus name I pray for this brother in Christ struggling to find meaningful relationships while trying to help out someone from his church too. He must have a heart to want to help others so surely you have a plan for his life. Bless him according to you perfect will and soften the hearts of the family you've given him so that he feels loved by all of them and not just his mom. Draw him closer to you, to his family and to friends that you will lead him to in your timing. Give him clarity, wisdom and strength in dealing with this person he is trying to help and may you receive the Glory. Thank you for this and for all you do, Amen!

Upvote 0

nicedream

Senior Veteran
Aug 22, 2011
✟10,214.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
very often, people who have narcissistic personalities are very charming, and they will manipulate people into doing things for them, without returning the favor. your roommate might have a personality disorder of this kind. i'm very sorry that your church is not helping to mediate between you and this person. praying for you...

Reactions: liars_paradox
Upvote 0

liars_paradox

Jun 8, 2009
North Carolina
✟9,505.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
In relation to the first post. I do hope that you can also pray that I find the right church. I want a church which would provide me what churches during the Apostlic Age provided the early Christians:

• Strong sense of community
  • Common faith
  • Support from other members of the church - even material support.

This is what made Christianity so popular during its early years. But, since it's become the mainstream faith of Western civilization, it hasn't had the same effect on people anymore.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

misfit76

*LIVE*LAUGH*LOVE*PRAY*
Jul 30, 2013
USA
✟20,521.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You are not alone. We are all praying with you and for you. Please have faith that God will give you a way out of this situation and that suicide is NEVER the answer even during the times when it feels like the only answer. That is just Satan trying to get to you. DON'T let Satan win.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

liars_paradox

Jun 8, 2009
North Carolina
✟9,505.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I really don't want people to pray for him anymore.

He's getting people in the church to turn against me after I kicked him out. He's making me look like the bad guy. This one person said that he thinks that we hurt each other, even though he's the one who hurt me.

I would go into details with you people about what happened. All I can say is that I helped my fellow man, who was a drug addict who got kicked out of his mom's home.

And, I got hurt. The evildoer knows how insecure I am and he's turning the people in the church against me.

I didn't tell everyone about his drug abuse problems, because he asked me not to. And, look what's happening to me.

I did, however, manage to tell some people. And, I did ask them to pray for him.

It's just so upsetting because the damages to my apartment will have to be paid for by me.

There is one man at church who isn't on my side and says that he thinks that I also hurt this person who used me for money, physically threatened me, and vandalized my apartment. But, he also is someone who told me that he looks at inappropriate content every day. I do look at inappropriate content too, but I still acknowlege that it's wrong and it might send me to Hell.

He seems to think that as long as I believe in Jesus then I will be saved. I can look at inappropriate contentography every day, like he does, and still be saved. And, he even said, "I'm willing to do anything for God. Are you?"

Like I'm some sort of pharisee! It's so frustrating:

Let me repost my thread:

Church Sucks. What's the point?

I go to church, partly to make friends, because my parents suggested that I go do that. I LIVE HERE IN A FAR AWAY PLACE ALL ALONE!! I have to go do something.

BUT, with all of the gossip, and BS politics, church is another source of stress and frustration.

I have to be on my guard and be careful around people, because some people will try to hurt me. And, some people will spread gossip about me and make those who used to like me dislike me.

In one of my threads, I mentioned that I was dating a girl from church for a while. But, she's stopped talking to me. I don't think that it's related to this incident, but still. I have to be on my guard from people at church. I have to put on a mask to hide my insecurities, or else I'd be judged.

This person who is more on this drug addict's side than mine, revealed his weakness to me, and I might have come off as judgmental. I don't know, but that's what I get, I guess.

It's like with work, and high school, and college, and every where else. POLITICS, POLITICS, POLITICS!!!

It's just so frustrating, and makes me feel upset.

I should have never asked the leaders of my Young Adults group to reach out to the drug addict while keeping most of his problems secret. He made me believe that he's pre-emptively trying to sabatoge me to protect himself and make me look crazy.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

liars_paradox

Jun 8, 2009
North Carolina
✟9,505.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Are people still continuing to pray?

At least I did make a few friends from this church one other from another church, and it is because I was hanging out with the glib drug addict.

It's unfortunate how he turned out, but I did meet some people. I have to deal with a certain individual at this church who appears to think that I am also in the wrong here, which is totally not true.

Upvote 0

liars_paradox

Jun 8, 2009
North Carolina
✟9,505.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Well, they might be my friends. One of them still talks to the drug-addict whom I let stay in my apartment for a few weeks.

It's already bad enough one other person from that church isn't on my side.

Let's not forget that I came into this far away state with no old friends and family here. And, I have bad people skills, so getting to know new people is pretty difficult for me.

I don't want to have to go searching for a new church, but I might have to due to the evil-doer whom I showed so much compassion to.

I even asked the leaders of our Young Adults group to reach out to him so that he won't fall deeper into drugs. Yet, he talks badly about me behind my back. :(

I really despise this one leader who seems to be jealous of me and really dislikes me because of my views.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.