Country
United States
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
Politics
US-Democrat
It has been a long search for a place to call home as a Christian. I was raised Methodist but became irreligious in college after being disillusioned with the liberalism and moralism of many churches I was a member . We were in a military family and we moved alot, and I probably connected the most with a Presbyterian pastor who was a chaplain at RAF Mildenhall in England. As an adult in my early 30's, I returned to a faith in Jesus Christ and I was a catechumen in the Orthodox church for several years before ultimately facing great pastoral difficulties, so much so that I abandoned the Christian faith altogether for a period, spending time as a Shin Buddhist. Later, I explored the Episcopal Church for a while, but I was never completely comfortable enough to make a commitment.

But finally, today I was finally received into Reformation, ELCA, of Orlando, Florida. I figured the 500th anniversary of the Lutheran Reformation was an auspicious year to be a Lutheran and my S.O. was intending to join, so I told the pastor several weeks ago that I would finally be willing to join, too, and not just remain a guest forever.

Many thanks to the example of Mark, VC, and others for patiently being wittnesses to the Lutheran faith over all these years. My pastor, Robert Cosmas, is a great Christian wittness and just a great human being, and he patiently dealt with alot of my questions in the process. He's the spiritual father I have been looking for. During times my faith has been on the rocks, God has put him there with the right words to say.

Last edited:

MarkRohfrietsch

Unapologetic Apologist
Site Supporter
Dec 8, 2007
✟825,555.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
It has been a long search for a place to call home as a Christian. I was raised Methodist but became irreligious in college after being disillusioned with the liberalism and moralism of many churches I was a member . We were in a military family and we moved alot, and I probably connected the most with a Presbyterian pastor who was a chaplain at RAF Mildenhall in England. As an adult in my early 30's, I returned to a faith in Jesus Christ and I was a catechumen in the Orthodox church for several years before ultimately facing great pastoral difficulties, so much so that I abandoned the Christian faith altogether for a period, spending time as a Shin Buddhist. Later, I explored the Episcopal Church for a while, but I was never completely comfortable enough to make a commitment.

But finally, today I was finally received into Reformation, ELCA, of Orlando, Florida. I figured the 500th anniversary of the Lutheran Reformation was an auspicious year to be a Lutheran and my S.O. was intending to join, so I told the pastor several weeks ago that I would finally be willing to join, too, and not just remain a guest forever.

Many thanks to the example of Mark, VC, and others for patiently being wittnesses to the Lutheran faith over all these years. My pastor, Robert Cosmas, is a great Christian wittness and just a great human being, and he patiently dealt with alot of my questions in the process. He's the spiritual father I have been looking for. During times my faith has been on the rocks, God has put him there with the right words to say.

Blessings to you! The beauty of such a journey is that, just like a map, once you know where you have been and where you are, it is easier to figure out where you are going!:clap::clap::clap:

Reactions: Clovis Man
Upvote 0