Nov 17, 2003
Why should I tell you?
Visit site
✟19,201.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Single
Because I am concentrating on prayer for next semester.

Since Friday, I have been feeling horrid, but it was yesterday that I started getting this bad vibe about the upcoming semester. You see, I go to an Adventist college. Pretty awesome school. Anyway, I am in an independent ministry group that was just started this semester by some of my friends. We currently have 24 members and we are looking to really start serious Bible study and activities next semester. But some conflicts have already begun to arise. There have been some differing outlooks on the group, lack of funds, confusion about our purpose, etc. And when it seems that we are straightening that out, many of the members have their growing struggles. For instance, there is the concern of grades, personal struggles, and the one that worries me the most, a lot of them are unsure if they can come back for the next semester because of money issues, and it's looking pretty bleak. [Just wanna mention, though I feel rather selfish about it, one of those members who might not come back is my boyfriend of 1 month tomorrow. :sorry:] I was talking to a friend who is also a member of the group about how I felt about it, and she said that she would fast from secular music and Youtube until January 3rd to pray about it. And I decided I would join her. I think this is a first attack on the group. Maybe it's not. Nevertheless, we still definitely need prayer. So, this whole rant is basically a prayer request. Can you please keep us in your prayers? Thanks for reading, and God bless.

Jan 13, 2009
Haviland, KS
✟7,627.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
I am a person who listens to all kinds of Christian music from Christian screamo to gospel but there are many secular songs that are very good. They are clean and they are not talking about hoes dropping to the floor and whatnot and even glorify God too. There is a lot of secular media that is useful for equipping the church. I am a youth pastor so I need to get into the secular media because thats what teens listen to. Some stuff that teens watch and listen to can have a ministerial application. Youtube is a great resource that many youth pastors all over the country use to get funny clips for a message or to post messages or videos for their students. Just as long as you are filtering your media, I don't think that is a problem

Upvote 0

ahighcalling

Letitburn
Dec 26, 2007
Macon, Ga.
Visit site
✟7,644.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I will definatly pray for you and the group. Its cool to hear about groups in general on campuses. It only takes the prayers of one to bring Gods blessings to many. Now he expects everyone to pray and have faith. But its your faith and trust in God that could well be enought to save the group or bring about the unity that you and others desire. God sees your sacrifice and He will honor it with the blessings and promisses! God bless and keep up the effort. The rewards will be worth it!

Upvote 0

PixieSunbelle

formerly xladyfayre
Jan 2, 2007
in some fairy forest
✟16,167.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Thats wonderful that you are fasting from secular music and youtube.... but explain why you chose those two things to fast from? I'm just curious. Anyways, I use YouTube mainly to look up videos from country, Japanese pop, and even some Christian music as well <3
I wish you luck on your fast and prayer. I will pray for you and your group.

Upvote 0