Alabama
✟44,897.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
What options does a believer have here when they haven't read contextually, or have no understanding of sin, the nature of sin in the flesh, or understanding of the spirit they are given by God in the first place when becoming a believer.

I do believe however the person who was doing their neighbor knew they were doing wrong. When they come and confront you about this as another brother/sister in Christ Yeshua, what would you tell them, or do to help them?

Why is it people say we need to go a pastor when they are in sin?

Is there no way to be able to understand from a believer that knows scriptures to be able to explain what is really going on when it comes to sin?

Do you tell them to stop what they are doing, to repent: To someone who is already a believer?

Does scripture tell us that when we are believer, are we a new creation in Christ Yeshua?

Does scripture tell us that even though we are a believer we do not sin as a believer, but we sin by our fleshly nature?

Last edited:

Saint Steven

You can call me Steve
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2018
Minneapolis, MN
✟930,146.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
What options does a believer have here when they haven't read contextually, or have no understanding of sin, the nature of sin in the flesh, or understanding of the spirit they are given by God in the first place when becoming a believer.

I do believe however the person who was doing their neighbor knew they were doing wrong. When they come and confront you about this as another brother/sister in Christ Yeshua, what would you tell them, or do to help them?

Is there no way to be able to understand from a believer that knows scriptures to be able to explain what is really going on when it comes to sin?

Do you tell them to stop what they are doing, to repent: To someone who is already a believer?

Does scripture tell us that when we are believer, are we a new creation in Christ Yeshua?

Does scripture tell us that even though we are a believer we do not sin as a believer, but we sin by our fleshly nature?
This is a very interesting topic.

Even "sinners" (the unregenerate spiritually) know that "cheating" sexually is wrong. (as you indicated) Someone may try to justify it, but they probably know it is wrong, or would admit that it is wrong for someone else to do. Which may be the approach to take with them. For instance, if their brother-in-law cheated on their sister, would that be wrong? (of course) The same moral standard would apply to them as well.

I love this parenthetical statement in Romans chapter two. This indicates a God-given human conscience that we all have.

Romans 2:14-15
(Indeed, when Gentiles, who do not have the law, do by nature things required by the law, they are a law for themselves, even though they do not have the law. 15 They show that the requirements of the law are written on their hearts, their consciences also bearing witness, and their thoughts sometimes accusing them and at other times even defending them.)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

public hermit

social troglodyte
Site Supporter
Aug 20, 2019
East Coast
✟839,180.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

I do believe however the person who was doing their neighbor knew they were doing wrong. When they come and confront you about this as another brother/sister in Christ Yeshua,

I think I see what you're getting at, now. And, I agree w/ @Saint Steven. Thank you for the clarification.

• Friendly
Reactions: mlepfitjw
Upvote 0

eleos1954

God is Love
Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2017
Utah
✟721,398.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

With believers one can remind them of scripture.

If not a believer then come from the secular point of view .... (if adultery) how it is hurtful, damaging etc. to relationships ... and/or risky for diseases and/or unwanted pregnancies etc.

People are convicted in their heart .... they just either deny the conviction or lie that they know in their heart it is wrong. Just like any sin ..... the more you do it .... the easier it becomes to do it.

Upvote 0

Sammy-San

May 23, 2013
✟104,579.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
This is a very interesting topic.

Even "sinners" (the unregenerate spiritually) know that "cheating" sexually is wrong. (as you indicated) Someone may try to justify it, but they probably know it is wrong, or would admit that it is wrong for someone else to do. Which may be the approach to take with them. For instance, if their brother-in-law cheated on their sister, would that be wrong? (of course) The same moral standard would apply to them as well.

I love this parenthetical statement in Romans chapter two. This indicates a God-given human conscience that we all have.

Romans 2:14-15
(Indeed, when Gentiles, who do not have the law, do by nature things required by the law, they are a law for themselves, even though they do not have the law. 15 They show that the requirements of the law are written on their hearts, their consciences also bearing witness, and their thoughts sometimes accusing them and at other times even defending them.)
People know living together before marriage is wrong but they don't see that they are contradicting themselves

• Useful
Upvote 0

Saint Steven

You can call me Steve
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2018
Minneapolis, MN
✟930,146.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
People know living together before marriage is wrong but they don't see that they are contradicting themselves
I think the OP is asking how to get them to know it is wrong, not how to get them to stop doing wrong.

• Agree
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums