inverness
✟74,329.71
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
i a big assassins creed fan and on assassins creed 4 we play as a pirate and i notice pirates say the word what the devil why do they say that
ps. nothing about this game is satanic atall no demons no witches just pirates arrrg lol just noticed i messed up the title

Dave G.

May 22, 2017
Sandiwich
✟324,679.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
i a big assassins creed fan and on assassins creed 4 we play as a pirate and i notice pirates say the word what the devil why do they say that
ps. nothing about this game is satanic atall no demons no witches just pirates arrrg lol just noticed i messed up the title

Nothing satanic except the devil is a pirates god. They are thieves and live below the bottom wrung of societies ladder. They aren't about the work of God but stealing and destroying, raping, drinking and murdering. For the sake of a game the language is actually probably tamed down compared to real pirates.. Just sayin.

Upvote 0
Sep 27, 2019
inverness
✟74,329.71
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Nothing satanic except the devil is a pirates god. They are thieves and live below the bottom wrung of societies ladder. They aren't about the work of God but stealing and destroying, raping, drinking and murdering. For the sake of a game the language is actually probably tamed down compared to real pirates.. Just sayin.
this game is different its not in this game no raping no swearing rarely and not much stealing i xopleted it on ps4 before i got a xbox but i getting it on nintendo switch next week

• Optimistic
Reactions: Dave G.
Upvote 0
Sep 27, 2019
inverness
✟74,329.71
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
lol forgot the story the character i play isnt a pirate hes just trying to ake a fortune to return t his wife to have a family but he has pirate friends its a amazing game

Upvote 0

ViaCrucis

Confessional Lutheran
Oct 2, 2011
Pacific Northwest
✟732,195.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others

"What the devil" is an idiomatic expression used as an intensifier. The "soft" version of the same expression would be "what the dickens".

It's just like someone might say "what the heck..." (I've chosen the soft version here to avoid violating CF rules, but we all know what I'm talking about).

English is full of these sorts of expressions.

-CryptoLutheran

Upvote 0

ViaCrucis

Confessional Lutheran
Oct 2, 2011
Pacific Northwest
✟732,195.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others

Most pirates during the golden age of piracy were privateers unofficially working for a government. And so, for example, Sir Francis Drake was a pirate in service to the British Crown.

The modern idea of the pirate is largely fiction. For example most pirates had strict rules of conduct, so for example if a crewman violated a woman they would be pretty swiftly put to death. Because you don't do that sort of thing.

Pirate code - Wikipedia

-CryptoLutheran

Upvote 0