Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Only you can answer this question, NO ONE else. Have you received Jesus Christ as your Savior? Do you believe that Jesus died to redeem you of your sin? Being "saved" means saved from hell. If you've done one/both of the following, I would say that you are not going to hell, but only you can REALLY say cause only you know what you have done in your heart.

"If you declare with your mouth, “Jesus is Lord,” and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you profess your faith and are saved." Ro 10:9-10 NIV

"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life." Jn 3:16

• Winner
Reactions: Tolworth John
Upvote 0

ReesePiece23

The Peanut Buttery Member.
Sep 17, 2013
✟288,577.00
Faith
Christian
You're not created just so that you can be pistol whipped with threats of 'going to hell' your entire life. You're created to fulfil your own story with Him - your father, regardless of whether you're doing right or wrong.

Life is not one long punishment where only 'the good kids' get chosen to go to heaven. You need to get out of this way of thinking. To FEAR God, means to give him the utmost respect. I doesn't mean live in constant fear in the hands of a tyrant.

• Agree
Reactions: WDSobieski
Upvote 0

Tolworth John

Site Supporter
Mar 10, 2017
Tolworth
✟369,679.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
okay so i play violent video games and i dont feel like sinning from playing it iv played them since i was 8 im 20 now. i heard from a street preacher online and 2 christian guys tht its a sin and we wil go to hell and its lukewarm playing them is it true

I think you need to spend sometime listening to sermons that actually explain the gospel.
Look up Dr Martin Lloyd Jones and find his collection of online sermons and start listening to him.

He was a brilliant expository preacher who would explain what a passage meant to its listens, to us and apply it to our lives.

He will teach you so you don't get confused by every Tom dick and Harry who shouts at you.

Upvote 0

charsan

Charismatic Episcopal Church
Jul 12, 2019
South California
✟62,421.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
okay so i play violent video games and i dont feel like sinning from playing it iv played them since i was 8 im 20 now. i heard from a street preacher online and 2 christian guys tht its a sin and we wil go to hell and its lukewarm playing them is it true

They are morons. There are so many out there it's not funny, do yourself a favor and stop listening to that junk.

• Agree
Reactions: gentlejah
Upvote 0

fwGod

Dec 19, 2005
✟65,262.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Condemnation and conviction are two different things. For conviction to work the preacher has to be giving forth the good news of the gospel. So that the listener can make an assessment and compare their life if it's bad with the good life that is offered. And therefore desire the good life.

For condemnation to work the preacher has to consider that a target example pasttime [violent games] is equivalent to a Christian deliberately denouncing salvation and therefore the person who chooses that pasttime will go to hell. That is a hyperbole assumption presentation that doesn't even fit the person who's saved and hasn't actually deliberately denounced their salvation.

If you are saved and thankful for God's grace, (though I don't condone such a pasttime) then playing violent games will not send you to hell. The well known verse of John 3:16 conveys this. Only not believing in Jesus will send you to hell.

Apparently you don't have any (God forbid) trouble in your life where you'd be discontinuing such game playing and instead seeking God for his help. Apparently you don't know as much as a new born baby does to be hungry for some nourishing milk of God's word. I pray that God who is all the while working in you, to stir your heart to hunger for the right thing.

Upvote 0

BibleBeliever1611

May 3, 2020
Vantaa
✟80,648.00
Country
Finland
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
No-one who believes in Jesus with all of their heart will go to hell. But if you love violence, you're not right with God. Take a look at this verse

"The LORD trieth the righteous: but the wicked and him that loveth violence his soul hateth." - Psalm 11:5

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums