Dallas, Texas USA
✟40,334.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Hey guys, I'm back! It's been a difficult year and a half dealing with a 90 year old father who was declining mentally and physically. He passed away September 1 and I've been dealing with the funeral and estate stuff. I am planning on doing a series of videos on Justin Peters, another one on Christianity in Crisis, and another on A Different Gospel by D.R. McConnell. Also working on a book on cessationism and other apologetics stuff. Stay tuned!

• Friendly
Reactions: Sarah G

SavedByGrace3

Jesus is Lord of ALL! (Not asking permission)
Site Supporter
Jun 6, 2002
Midlands
Visit site
✟560,436.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Hello STT. Good to see you back. I think :wave:.
Sorry about the trials with your dad. I myself lost both my parents and 2 brothers in the last 5 years.
Blessings to you for taking care of your dad.

Upvote 0

hhodgson

Semper-fi
Site Supporter
Sep 20, 2011
Delphos, Ohio
✟613,432.00
Country
United States
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Hey guys, I'm back! It's been a difficult year and a half dealing with a 90 year old father who was declining mentally and physically. He passed away September 1 and I've been dealing with the funeral and estate stuff. I am planning on doing a series of videos on Justin Peters, another one on Christianity in Crisis, and another on A Different Gospel by D.R. McConnell. Also working on a book on cessationism and other apologetics stuff. Stay tuned!

Sorry about your father Rod... I pray that it was heaven's gain. We eagerly wait for your series of videos...
Fantastic!
thumbsup1_zpspqjxncmt.gif

Word-of-Faith1_zps3y4drm8y.gif

Upvote 0

Simon the Tanner

Aspiring Apologist / Theoretical Theologian
Mar 18, 2015
Dallas, Texas USA
✟40,334.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Sorry about your father Rod... I pray that it was heaven's gain. We eagerly wait for your series of videos...
Fantastic!
thumbsup1_zpspqjxncmt.gif

Word-of-Faith1_zps3y4drm8y.gif

Thanks hh et al. Hope you're all doing well.

Dad grew up in the Baptist church and always identified as a Christian, but he never talked about God or his faith. He also had quite the temper and in his later years with dementia was known to cuss people out. I never heard him even say "damn" when I was a kid, never saw him take a drink of booze or anything like that. He told me once that he thinks you should live your faith rather than talk about it, and that's why he didn't say much. Anyway, as he was dying I took his hand and told him I wanted to see him in heaven. I asked him to squeeze my hand if he trusted Jesus for the forgiveness of sins, and he squeezed it. The nurse told me that he wasn't responding to anything but pain, but he opened his eyes and responded to me just as I prayed he would on the way to the hospital. I spent the next two hours praying in the spirit and reading scripture to him as he faded away. I believe he made it.

Now we have to sell the house and settle the estate. While that will take some of my time, I'm ready to get on with these projects that I've held off on during this ordeal. I'll keep you guys posted. What have I missed?

Last edited:
Upvote 0