I'm Back! You may rejoice at your leisure.

Hey everyone. I'm back! Sorry for my long, sudden, and unannounced departure, but it could not be helped. However, I should be back, pending any unforeseen circumstances (Again...), so I'll be rejoining the old threads I was in (if you'll have me) and resurrecting my old threads (if anyone is left).
So again, sorry, but... uh... ta-da?

This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

K9Guardian

I live to protect the flock...
May 25, 2006
Where, in what sense?
✟13,315.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
It seems wives can be a big help if we let God arrange things for the good.

i'm not married either, Shadow... I'm slowly getting comfortable with the idea of never marrying.... Not that i wouldn't be open to it, just... God will always be at the heart of my life.

Upvote 0
S

StarSplitter87

That's your issue MD, you have always viewed women/wives as tools towards a man's job on Earth.

They're not tools. And don't try to deny that, because I know that's the proper terminology for it. The Bible was written in a time when women were oppressed, not because God wanted them to oppress women, but because men wanted to and did.

In God's eyes, we are all his children, it even says that, but culturally speaking alot of the references to women subservient duties were trying to remind women in the faith that current conventions don't mean for them to abandon their upbringing. Times have to change on their own and eventually they did.

I'm fully aware it's alot more complicated than that, but MD, my point is, women aren't "useful" to men or "helpful" like a tool. It'd be equally wrong for me to say men are "useful" and "helpful."

We're equals and I hope you remember that when you meet your soulmate.

~Star

Upvote 0

K9Guardian

I live to protect the flock...
May 25, 2006
Where, in what sense?
✟13,315.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
The funny thing is, at first I took what you said personally. I had a whole thingy written up in reply... and then some random workmen decided to disconnect the power lines.

Now that I reread your post, I'm glad they did. I thank God for protection from speaking hastily, and for the time to rethink.

Anyway.

No, it's not that women are to be used. It's that they like to take care of people, families, boyfriends, husbands, etc. I like that. I mean, I really do. It's not a question of superior-inferior because that's all a pride system. It's more like when I read LK's post, I got an internal response of 'That's awesome. That's a beautiful thing." Then I went within and reflected on my own attitudes towards marriage, and decided iit might not be so bad to have a wife. I'm often weighing the pros and cons of it, see?

Upvote 0

Lady Knight

The Prodigal
Jun 9, 2004
Bama
✟19,669.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
:) That would be because most women have a nurturing instinct. :p
I like being here for AJ. Its part of being a partner. We're helpmates and partners, half and half. Tho I wouldn't say he's my better half just yet, nor am I his lol. and I cant wait to be a mom one day when we're ready. In the old day's the wives took care of the house (men are the head of but the women set the mood) and the men worked, I think it was mostly because the jobs and work them men could do easier, like plowing a field because they were usually stronger, it was easier for the women to sit inside and weave cloth because their hands are smaller. A woman has a better eye for some things, and a man has a better eye for others. And when women and men worked together equally things just go smother. Its just learning how to mesh things together.

And I have no idea if that made any sense but I'm posting it any way and going to bed I'll check it tomorrow. Benedryl's kicking in. hopefully I'll be asleep before it wares off this time.

Upvote 0

Lady Knight

The Prodigal
Jun 9, 2004
Bama
✟19,669.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I've read a good bit in the other parts of this site and I"m sorry to say I do not feel comfortable being a member of this site right now. So I'm gonna have to pull out of any thing right now... I am mildly confused and disappointed in many of the Christians on this site and am uncomfortable being on here at the moment. I may change my mind in a few days or weeks but For now I'm hopping off. I dont like the way this site changed. If I had a chance I would indeed write to whom ever owns the site now and express my extreme disappointment. If you need me you can find me on http://quarrelsandquills.com/forum.php or facebook.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
S

StarSplitter87

The funny thing is, at first I took what you said personally. I had a whole thingy written up in reply... and then some random workmen decided to disconnect the power lines.

Now that I reread your post, I'm glad they did. I thank God for protection from speaking hastily, and for the time to rethink.

Anyway.

No, it's not that women are to be used. It's that they like to take care of people, families, boyfriends, husbands, etc. I like that. I mean, I really do. It's not a question of superior-inferior because that's all a pride system. It's more like when I read LK's post, I got an internal response of 'That's awesome. That's a beautiful thing." Then I went within and reflected on my own attitudes towards marriage, and decided iit might not be so bad to have a wife. I'm often weighing the pros and cons of it, see?

Well I'm glad you didn't take it personally, enough of that going around as it is!

I'm glad you see what I was saying though. "Useful" was a horrible adjective, don't you agree? The way you put it now is much more understandable. I guess I did sorta explode at you about that one word though. I just get so mad at people for thinking in terms of usefulness instead of out of love or companionship.

My mom almost daily gets mad at me for something, saying she's "out lived her usefulness" to me. I usually end up going >.< "WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT????"

My mom has cancer and alot of the meds really get her going sometimes....anyway.

We all happy and joyful and whatnot?

~Star

Upvote 0
Reviving this because... well, yeah, I'm back again. Sorry (Again) for my unannounced departure from the interwebsthingy. I should be back for good, though (Since, you know, the world ends in three days), so if any of you will still have me, I would love to join your threads again.

Upvote 0