• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Trigger Warning I'm autistic and I was severely beaten by the police

AshBlackburn

Jul 2, 2018
Nottinghamshire
✟15,903.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
2 men tried to run me over not far from my house and ripped his exhaust off mounting the curb they got out chased me and I ran into a paper shop they came in and said "sorry mate thought you was someone else".
A couple of weeks later what seemed like an identical car to me was actually an un marked police car, I ended up pull out a catapult and threatened the men in the car to buy my self a head start when they pulled along side me, I wasn't far from my house and I was screaming to my wife for help they chased me down and beat me so bad I couldn't walk normal for nearly 6 months and now I've been diagnosed with osteoarthritis in both my hips and I'm only 32. I had to pay both officers compensation for intimidating them I can forgive them for what they did but I have nightmares all the time. I stayed awake all night and slept all day for months as I thought somebody was going to come and kill me in the night

AshBlackburn

Jul 2, 2018
Nottinghamshire
✟15,903.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Alright smart Alec I wasn't a christian then so amazing advice, doesn't mean I'm suddenly going to stop having flash back does it. They hit me round the head with their cosh or asp what ever you want to call it, hit me all over my spine they are only supposed to strike your shoulder or legs and you will condone that. Who's going to help you????

Upvote 0

AshBlackburn

Jul 2, 2018
Nottinghamshire
✟15,903.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
I'm sorry if this is misunderstood but I don't think justifying other people's behaviour when it's just as sinful and unlawful is very Godly. I have forgiven the man for what he did but when he swore an oath before God in court with his hand on the bible and lied multiple times he will have to give an account as will I but I know what my standing is with Jesus I feel sorry for him If you want to pray for somebody pray for him his names Lee he needs it more than me.

In future please do not resort to threats or acts of violence, even when you fear. Trust God to take of you.

Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟982,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
A good lesson. Best to manage your life so you stay as far away from law enforcement as you can. Because of the nature of crime today and the nature of criminals the police have been largely brutalized.

Upvote 0