Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Hi guys. I'm am see her pose of the Halloween and say them the demons invade the house. I'm wish to debate. The demons come to the mind not if the house. Him Mark the house for Halloween for the pumpkin the sign. Then the demons come. He say. But not. I'm debate. The demon him come to the mind. And them they see the mind not the house. So then not care the demons but care of the house and Mark. The pumpkin. Them care the mind and invade you the mind. Yes agree? Or wish am debate? Am is proposal.

tdidymas

Aug 28, 2014
Houston, TX
✟163,285.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Hi guys. I'm am see her pose of the Halloween and say them the demons invade the house. I'm wish to debate. The demons come to the mind not if the house. Him Mark the house for Halloween for the pumpkin the sign. Then the demons come. He say. But not. I'm debate. The demon him come to the mind. And them they see the mind not the house. So then not care the demons but care of the house and Mark. The pumpkin. Them care the mind and invade you the mind. Yes agree? Or wish am debate? Am is proposal.

The way I read you is that you don't believe that demons are attracted by jack-o-lanterns (carved pumpkins) - let me know if I am misreading you.

If so, then I agree, that the jack-o-lantern tradition began from a superstition that evil spirits would be frightened off by them (repulsion, not attraction). These days, many Christians think that Halloween decorations actually attract demons. This is also superstition (a false belief). Probably a carry-over from an old Roman Catholic superstition about relics (holy objects) having supernatural power. Many Protestant Christians also believe such things when it comes to evil power or demons inherent in objects.

There is a scripture verse that implies it (if taken out of context) - 1 Cor. 10:20 "No, but the sacrifices of pagans are offered to demons, not to God, and I do not want you to be participants with demons." I think it is a bad idea to use this verse as a proof text for the Halloween superstition. This verse in context means that idolators are actually worshiping demons. In Biblical days they sacrificed animals and even humans to the idols. They believed that their 'gods' resided in the idols (statues).

If a person's faith in Christ is weak, then they may still believe in such superstitions. If so, then they should not participate in Halloween, if their superstition involves any Halloween activity. We also should not flaunt our strength of faith before weaker people, because it might hinder their conscience. 1 Corinthians chapter 8 tells us that if we know a brother is weak in faith, we shouldn't do anything to hinder him. If eating food that was sacrificed to an idol is that hindrance, we should not eat it.

The same thing with Halloween. If you have friends who are weak of faith, and thus have superstitions about Halloween celebrations, then you should be careful not to invite them to your home if you are celebrating it. I personally use Halloween celebration to hand out gospel tracts along with the treats, and use jack-o-lanterns to attract children to the door.

I could go as far to say that I think superstition is a form of idolatry, in that it places fear in objects or evil spirits, which is actually a form of faith. We are to fear God, not demons. Fear is actually a lack of faith in God, which is a lack of faith in Christ. And faith is of the heart, not the mind (Rom. 10:10). Certainly what is in the mind can hinder the faith of the heart. I think of superstitions as mental idolatry. If the superstition has not been ejected from the heart, then faith in Christ is weak.
TD:)

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.