I'm all for fundamentalism but this is too far.

FredVB

Mar 11, 2010
America
Visit site
✟268,079.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
FredVB said:
Such a church is useful to believers going there. Through much of history, seemingly including at this time, such church is rarer and harder for many believers to find. Why? Many churches, and many among Christians too, are compromising in some things. Materialism is common now, from our modern world, and it is ungodly, it compromises the Christianity of any. To not be compromising, focus should go on God's word, made available to us, with coming to God, prayerfully, through Christ as this is made possible so, and avoid compromising that. We should observe what Jesus said without excluding any of it.

bbbbbbb said:

Hi bbbbbbb, thanks for that affirming response. Yahweh our God is loving and gracious, with the way of salvation provided for us that we would not just perish. That has no requirement from us, we just need to be responsive to God's provision for us. But it is only real with spiritual growth among us. That does need our obedience. Yet easy believism which infiltrated churches has many neglecting these things with which we are to grow. So obedience to God, with all that Jesus Christ is known to have said is important to speak of.

Upvote 0

bbbbbbb

Jun 9, 2015
✟369,441.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Hi bbbbbbb, thanks for that affirming response. Yahweh our God is loving and gracious, with the way of salvation provided for us that we would not just perish. That has no requirement from us, we just need to be responsive to God's provision for us. But it is only real with spiritual growth among us. That does need our obedience. Yet easy believism which infiltrated churches has many neglecting these things with which we are to grow. So obedience to God, with all that Jesus Christ is known to have said is important to speak of.

I agree entirely. My sister-in-law has fallen into the lie of easy believism and uses it to mask some very serious sins. I love God for his great mercy and grace and for the good works which He has prepared for me to walk in (Ephesians 2:10). His way is best, by far.

Upvote 0

FredVB

Mar 11, 2010
America
Visit site
✟268,079.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
bbbbbbb said:
I agree entirely. My sister-in-law has fallen into the lie of easy believism and uses it to mask some very serious sins. I love God for his great mercy and grace and for the good works which He has prepared for me to walk in (Ephesians 2:10). His way is best, by far.

We don't have to give up. Our testimony, with speaking things of the gospel, can still be used to reach those who have not really responded yet. The real change with salvation is showing with growth, with godly virtues, and not remaining with sins previously present in life. Godliness is high in value along with salvation in Christ.

Upvote 0

bbbbbbb

Jun 9, 2015
✟369,441.00
Faith
Non-Denom
We don't have to give up. Our testimony, with speaking things of the gospel, can still be used to reach those who have not really responded yet. The real change with salvation is showing with growth, with godly virtues, and not remaining with sins previously present in life. Godliness is high in value along with salvation in Christ.

II Peter 1:5 Now for this very reason also, applying all diligence, in your faith supply moral excellence, and in your moral excellence, knowledge, 6 and in your knowledge, self-control, and in your self-control, perseverance, and in your perseverance, godliness, 7 and in your godliness, brotherly kindness, and in your brotherly kindness, love. 8 For if these qualities are yours and are increasing, they render you neither useless nor unfruitful in the true knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ. 9 For he who lacks these qualities is blind or short-sighted, having forgotten his purification from his former sins. 10 Therefore, brethren, be all the more diligent to make certain about His calling and choosing you; for as long as you practice these things, you will never stumble; 11 for in this way the entrance into the eternal kingdom of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ will be abundantly supplied to you.

Upvote 0

FredVB

Mar 11, 2010
America
Visit site
✟268,079.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Galatians 5:18-24
But if you are led by the Spirit, you are not under the law. Now the deeds of the flesh are obvious, which are: adultery, sexual immorality, uncleanness, lustfulness, idolatry, sorcery, hatred, strife, jealousies, outbursts of anger, rivalries, divisions, heresies, envy, murders, drunkenness, orgies, and things like these; of which I forewarn you, even as I also forewarned you, that those who practice such things will not inherit God’s Kingdom.
But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faith, gentleness, and self-control. Against such things there is no law. Those who belong to Christ have crucified the flesh with its passions and lusts.

The change may be very gradual, or come very quickly. But we who are real believers will change certainly from any wordly way we were living previously. And the growth does not stop. We should keep growing and not stop until we are the way we should be with our life in heaven. This is what we should mean whenever we pray, "Your will on earth as it is in heaven." It should be desired, and it should start here in our lives.

Upvote 0

bbbbbbb

Jun 9, 2015
✟369,441.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Galatians 5:18-24
But if you are led by the Spirit, you are not under the law. Now the deeds of the flesh are obvious, which are: adultery, sexual immorality, uncleanness, lustfulness, idolatry, sorcery, hatred, strife, jealousies, outbursts of anger, rivalries, divisions, heresies, envy, murders, drunkenness, orgies, and things like these; of which I forewarn you, even as I also forewarned you, that those who practice such things will not inherit God’s Kingdom.
But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faith, gentleness, and self-control. Against such things there is no law. Those who belong to Christ have crucified the flesh with its passions and lusts.

The change may be very gradual, or come very quickly. But we who are real believers will change certainly from any wordly way we were living previously. And the growth does not stop. We should keep growing and not stop until we are the way we should be with our life in heaven. This is what we should mean whenever we pray, "Your will on earth as it is in heaven." It should be desired, and it should start here in our lives.

:amen:

Upvote 0