Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
So what do I do with my life now? Is it just change diaper, feed, burp, read, teach, run errands for baby, drs appts etc?

I can't imagine the next year's of this life this is joyless even moreso than before. Not sure how I'm gonna do this. And my antidepressant isn't helping so far. I wish I had decided to spend my entire life alone I would be happier.

I never experienced post partum depression although I've heard of it, so I can't tell stories of it, or be much help in that regard.

I do know there was a time or two immediately after each of my children were born I would have gladly stuffed them back in the womb for a good night's sleep.. lol.

But not having joy in my children? That I can't imagine.. I was always so in awe of the miracle of them I just felt blessed they were alive and that God entrusted me to raise them..(and I was a VERY young parent)

So I second everyones opinion - you need some professional help, counselling, and a support system (support can easily be found in your church, lots of old grandma's like me would find much joy in a free days babysitting so you can get some extra sleep etc)

I will most certainly keep you in my prayers!

Upvote 0

Kenny'sID

Supporter
Feb 28, 2016
USA
✟585,304.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I've considered it, but I don't think I'd be happy with that either in the long run. Plus he's not just my kid he's also his father's and his dad is in the picture and yes we are still together plus everyone loves the baby his whole family and mine. Besides Counselor says isolation isn't good anyway but it makes me feel better. I hate being around people.

Good, glad the love is there, and as to hating being around people, best do as your counselor says, but as a general rule, I can relate completely.

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
So what do I do with my life now? Is it just change diaper, feed, burp, read, teach, run errands for baby, drs appts etc?

I can't imagine the next year's of this life this is joyless even moreso than before. Not sure how I'm gonna do this. And my antidepressant isn't helping so far. I wish I had decided to spend my entire life alone I would be happier.

Yahuweh has blessed you with life.

The strength and source of our joy is becoming and living in union with Jesus and with the Father daily - such JOY! such PEACE ! unimaginable to the world, free in Christ Jesus as the Father planned, to have daily, albeit the sorrows and troubles and grief we all experience, even the scourging we all are subject to (which is necessary to be God's children) ..

Upvote 0

mama2one

Apr 8, 2018
U.S.A.
✟257,683.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
@Angeleyes7715

how are you doing today?

try to eat healthy
wait a least an hour after you get up to start drinking coffee as body doesn't need it (on health news we're naturally higher in cortisol first hr up)

give yourself plenty of fruits & veggies for vitamin and minerals to build yourself back up

even though everyone is giving attention to the baby, know that YOU did a great job carrying & delivery this baby
YOU are special, too!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Angeleyes7715

Dec 13, 2015
US
✟90,092.00
Country
United States
Faith
Apostolic
Marital Status
In Relationship
@Angeleyes7715

how are you doing today?

try to eat healthy
wait a least an hour after you get up to start drinking coffee as body doesn't need it (on health news we're naturally higher in cortisol first hr up)

give yourself plenty of fruits & veggies for vitamin and minerals to build yourself back up

even though everyone is giving attention to the baby, know that YOU did a great job carrying & delivery this baby
YOU are special, too!
I'm doing horrible today. I'm having trouble with the guy that supposed to be my fiance. He cheated before and the other day he was messaging a friend he knew back in grade school playing truth or dare late at night cause he was doing door dash to make money and was sitting bored in a parking lot for hours. I'm not okay with him messaging women even if the conversations are harmless especially late at night! I found out before when he cheated with this girl I can't stand before I became pregnant and had sexual pictures of the girl all on his phone. I found out when we split for a day 2 years ago and he had sexual relations with her on the regional managers desk and lost his job and put us financially at risk in the future. I text crisis line multiple times today I'm trying to finish my homework but I feel terrible. I've been starving myself today. I'm supposed to be eating well cause I breast feed. I can't take the way my life has been going. From birth my life has been terrible. A schizophrenic mother with a billion cats that hoards so I had no friends and my dad left me my whole life has been garbage. Why did God just leave me? Maybe I left him idk idkn when I would pray where was he let my aunt die! He let her die!!! She said she was healed from cancer and God healed her he let her die. I'm so broken. I'm tired of everything going wrong. I can't take care of this baby. I am on bed rest since my c section his dad has the job now I can't do anything with my useless science degree. I go back and forth one minute I hate being a mother the next I'm panicked they'll take my baby because Im mentally not okay.

Last edited:
  • Prayers
Reactions: mama2one
Upvote 0

createdtoworship

In the grip of grace
Mar 13, 2004
West Coast USA
✟33,173.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I'm doing horrible today. I'm having trouble with the guy that supposed to be my fiance. He cheated before and the other day he was messaging a friend he knew back in grade school playing truth or dare late at night cause he was doing door dash to make money and was sitting bored in a parking lot for hours. I'm not okay with him messaging women even if the conversations are harmless especially late at night! I found out before when he cheated with this girl I can't stand before I became pregnant and had sexual pictures of the girl all on his phone. I found out when we split for a day 2 years ago and he had sexual relations with her on the regional managers desk and lost his job and put us financially at risk in the future. I text crisis line multiple times today I'm trying to finish my homework but I feel terrible. I've been starving myself today. I'm supposed to be eating well cause I breast feed. I can't take the way my life has been going. From birth my life has been terrible. A schizophrenic mother with a billion cats that hoards so I had no friends and my dad left me my whole life has been garbage. Why did God just leave me? Maybe I left him idk idkn when I would pray where was he let my aunt die! He let her die!!! She said she was healed from cancer and God healed her he let her die. I'm so broken. I'm tired of everything going wrong. I can't take care of this baby. I am on bed rest since my c section his dad has the job now I can't do anything with my useless science degree. I go back and forth one minute I hate being a mother the next I'm panicked they'll take my baby because Im mentally not okay.
praying sister, you are fully known by Jesus and fully loved!

Upvote 0

Brianlear

Living life in the pacific NW
Mar 31, 2012
✟9,394.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Sounds like you've had a tough life! You are going to be okay! Reach out to your friends and family. And reach out to your fiance as well, let him know you still love him. Men are tempted in the post-partum period because their wife is suddenly focused on another life. If you can, TRY to make just a few minutes of time for him too :)

Upvote 0

createdtoworship

In the grip of grace
Mar 13, 2004
West Coast USA
✟33,173.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Sounds like you've had a tough life! You are going to be okay! Reach out to your friends and family. And reach out to your fiance as well, let him know you still love him. Men are tempted in the post-partum period because their wife is suddenly focused on another life. If you can, TRY to make just a few minutes of time for him too :)
the guy slept with another women, and was texting her, after engaged with the girl in this thread. I think the guy has more than issues with post pardum. He has problems with commitment. And apparently problems with purity as well. But such is the case when we sleep around before marriage. If a guy sleeps with you ladies before you are married, he will sleep with others, after your married. Not good.

Upvote 0