US
✟90,092.00
Country
United States
Faith
Apostolic
Marital Status
In Relationship
So what do I do with my life now? Is it just change diaper, feed, burp, read, teach, run errands for baby, drs appts etc?

I can't imagine the next year's of this life this is joyless even moreso than before. Not sure how I'm gonna do this. And my antidepressant isn't helping so far. I wish I had decided to spend my entire life alone I would be happier.

timothyu

Dec 31, 2018
up there
✟306,519.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Is it just change diaper, feed, burp, read, teach, run errands for baby, drs appts etc?
It's called being responsible, and for someone else rather than self. A life changer for many and a step in the right direction, for not only mental health but especially those claiming Christianity.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

musicalpilgrim

pilgrim on the sacred music pathway
Angels Team
Site Supporter
Jan 11, 2012
East of Manchester
✟2,622,609.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
So what do I do with my life now? Is it just change diaper, feed, burp, read, teach, run errands for baby, drs appts etc?

I can't imagine the next year's of this life this is joyless even moreso than before. Not sure how I'm gonna do this. And my antidepressant isn't helping so far. I wish I had decided to spend my entire life alone I would be happier.
I pray for you, that you are able to get off the antidepressants,
That you will be able to delight in your baby,
How I wish I could have mine all over again, I had 2 and loved every minute.
So much to pray for them, a wonderful future, to serve the Lord and experience his love.
It may be advisable to put this on the Prayer Wall for prayer.

Upvote 0

chevyontheriver

Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2015
Flyoverland
✟1,234,513.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity

When your babies smile it can become joyful. Hang in there. It stays hard but there are rewards. And then they grow up and leave home and you miss them.

Upvote 0

Angeleyes7715

Dec 13, 2015
US
✟90,092.00
Country
United States
Faith
Apostolic
Marital Status
In Relationship
I pray for you, that you are able to get off the antidepressants,
That you will be able to delight in your baby,
How I wish I could have mine all over again, I had 2 and loved every minute.
So much to pray for them, a wonderful future, to serve the Lord and experience his love.
It may be advisable to put this on the Prayer Wall for prayer.

Yeah I went back on because I ended up in the hospital for suicidal behaviors.

Upvote 0

Hammster

Psalm 144:1
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,727,040.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married

I would suggest that you go to the leadership of your church. The people that know you best are the ones who can best help you.

Upvote 0

Hammster

Psalm 144:1
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,727,040.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
I couldn't get health insurance to get birth control and then by the time I did I was pregnant. Abstinence doesn't work for everyone especially when your with the same person for like 5 years.
That’s the reason for marriage.

Upvote 0

chevyontheriver

Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2015
Flyoverland
✟1,234,513.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
I couldn't get health insurance to get birth control and then by the time I did I was pregnant. Abstinence doesn't work for everyone especially when your with the same person for like 5 years.
Children are a good thing.

Upvote 0

createdtoworship

In the grip of grace
Mar 13, 2004
West Coast USA
✟33,173.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

Things surely change when you become a parent that is for sure.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

PloverWing

Episcopalian
May 5, 2012
New Jersey
✟335,135.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married

I can't imagine the next year's of this life this is joyless even moreso than before.

For me, the hardest years were when my children were infants. They needed me round the clock. My firstborn needed to be held every moment she was awake, and she didn't sleep much. My sleep deprivation added to my frazzledness.

But it got better over time. They have turned into kind, smart, interesting adults that I have good friendships with. And in between, they were kind, smart, interesting kids and tweens and teens.

I also found that the very work of caring for my infants -- rocking them, soothing them, feeding them, changing them -- bonded me to them over time, that my babies and I were becoming close exactly because we were going through this difficult time together. So maybe it'll be the same for you, gradually, over time.

Take advantage of whatever resources you can find. If your partner is still in your life, ask him to take care of the baby for a couple of hours while you sleep or get out of the house. If you have access to day care or to friends or relatives who can care for the baby for a while, then let them do that. Getting away from baby responsibilities periodically to do adult things was a lifesaver for me.

I'll be thinking about you. I know caring for a young one can be hard, especially in the first few months, and especially if you feel alone doing it.

Upvote 0

“Paisios”

Sinner
Site Supporter
Aug 8, 2014
✟594,142.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married

Parenting is tough. The first six months of my first child’s life were miserable, sleepless mad incredibly stressful. Certainly I was depressed and probably should have sought treatment for it (but didn’t). Somehow I pushed through everything, and survived. Later it got better.

Try and find a support system, so that you are not alone in this. My children are my greatest joy and a great source of comfort...but in the first six months I would not have said anything good about being a parent at all.

I’ll keep you in my prayers and my Inbox is open if talking to me would help.

Upvote 0

mina

Brown Eyed girl
Sep 26, 2003
in the South
✟115,511.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You made a baby, brought a child into being with your actions, and now you do have a responsibility to care for it. Using birth control or not is a moot point; the baby is here and it's not his fault. He is completely helpless and dependant on you and the father. The infant years are hard and monotonous ; they need constant care, but it's also a remarkable time to see their joy as they learn. You will never have this time again and itis precious . Talk to your doctor . Baby blues are pretty normal but if it's never going away you need guidance and there is help .

Join a mom group; it is invaluable to have support and people by your side going through the same sort of things. You need someone who you can call when you are completely stressed out or exhausted who understands and who will come over and lift your spirits .

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Robin Mauro

Sep 11, 2018
North San Juan
✟27,401.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Oh dearest mother, sounds like post partum depression. Hang in there. Your baby will give you so much joy (and heartache as he or she ages too :)) but God loves you amd your little one. Cling to Him, and to His Word. Bring all your heartache and everything to Him. Motherhood is hard. No one tells us that. And make friends with other moms. Share all that you are going through. Friends help so much. Love to you. I am praying for you.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Angeleyes7715

Dec 13, 2015
US
✟90,092.00
Country
United States
Faith
Apostolic
Marital Status
In Relationship
I take care of him, but I just am mourning the fantasy life I invited in my head where I am a scientist and writer and I live far away from everyone and travel and do my own thing with no attachments. I miss being alone and isolated.

• Prayers
Reactions: “Paisios”
Upvote 0

mina

Brown Eyed girl
Sep 26, 2003
in the South
✟115,511.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You should talk to your doctor . Your life and dreams aren't over. Postpartum hormones can certainly cause some hard emotions and thoughts. Yes, the next few years will be hard but you can still reach your goals. Hopefully you have a supportive partner who will listen and help you have time to yourself . All moms need that ; and I'd say especially as a new mom.

• Agree
Reactions: “Paisios”
Upvote 0

createdtoworship

In the grip of grace
Mar 13, 2004
West Coast USA
✟33,173.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
abstinence is a very good thing. And you can clearly see why now. See many teens and young adults miss their youth by becoming parents so early. Believe it or not when you become a parent, things become very expensive. I have three. We hardly ever get date night, and when we do, at least one or more tags along (every time). Usually date night means all three go with us. I realize that just may be the dynamic of our household, but yeah, God has a plan. If this all happen premarriage, I am not sure what we would do. Most churches don't train youth in how to stay pure. And the role of sexual purity in relationships. Here is a good video to start, I have way more information that I can add later.

Upvote 0

Kenny'sID

Site Supporter
Feb 28, 2016
USA
✟585,394.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I take care of him, but I just am mourning the fantasy life I invited in my head where I am a scientist and writer and I live far away from everyone and travel and do my own thing with no attachments. I miss being alone and isolated.

Have you considered adoption so you can male that fantasy a reality again?

Upvote 0

timothyu

Dec 31, 2018
up there
✟306,519.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Have you considered adoption so you can male that fantasy a reality again?
That me me me attitude kinda goes against the grain of Jesus' teachings does it not? Servitude over self interest?

Upvote 0