Nov 12, 2008
✟239,869.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
I feel you are doing it in bad faith, but by believing in groups I mean like Latin American immigrants who associate among themselves and view themselves as a group, or do you think that means that they view ONLY themselves as 100% human?
I'm sorry if I appear to be coming across as posting in bad faith. It is certainly not my intention. Let me answer that this way. I view myself as Scottish, as British, as European, and human, as an ape, as a primate, as part of the awesome diversity of life on this planet.
So, I would expect that Latin American immigrants would feel a strong affinity with other Latin Americans, but would also identify as Americans and would say "well, of course we are all human". What I was trying to determine was how @Andy Pierce saw it. Judging by a few of his recent posts I have the answer to that and it is a distasteful one.

• Friendly
Reactions: Not David
Upvote 0

comana

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Jan 19, 2005
Colorado
✟906,870.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Nonwhite immigration has. US was 90% white and 10% black since 1776. Now the mestizos are becoming the majority.
Why is this a problem?

Upvote 0

comana

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Jan 19, 2005
Colorado
✟906,870.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Mestizos vote Democrat. I don't care for what is or isn't in the Constitution. I'm sure the Constitutions' authors would oppose non-white immigration if you care about that.
Republicans can put forward policies that appeal to a broader population or they can continue to lose elections. This country is greatly enriched by immigrants from all corners of this earth. Skin color is not the defining quality of good people.

Upvote 0

Ophiolite

Recalcitrant Procrastinating Ape
Nov 12, 2008
✟239,869.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
Why is this a problem?
I think we both no why. The difficulty is that if we state the answer clearly in a forum post we will likely be censured by the a moderator for that. If I am correct on that score then it is disappointing to find it on a Christian forum. I guess things are what they are.

• Agree
Reactions: SummerMadness
Upvote 0

adrianmonk

Recursive Algorithm
Jan 14, 2008
Seattle, WA
✟217,484.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
And rightfully so. Our immigration should be open and robust but only with people who want to be American. Not people who simply want to come here to occupy a spot

What does the highlighted text mean to you ? How would immigrants comply with your understanding of what that means ?

Upvote 0

Aryeh Jay

Gone and hopefully forgotten.
Site Supporter
Jul 19, 2012
MI - Michigan
✟498,114.00
Country
United States
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

Aryeh Jay

Gone and hopefully forgotten.
Site Supporter
Jul 19, 2012
MI - Michigan
✟498,114.00
Country
United States
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married
I'm sorry if I appear to be coming across as posting in bad faith. It is certainly not my intention. Let me answer that this way. I view myself as Scottish, as British, as European, and human, as an ape, as a primate, as part of the awesome diversity of life on this planet.
So, I would expect that Latin American immigrants would feel a strong affinity with other Latin Americans, but would also identify as Americans and would say "well, of course we are all human". What I was trying to determine was how @Andy Pierce saw it. Judging by a few of his recent posts I have the answer to that and it is a distasteful one.

As a Scotsman, do you put sugar on your porridge?

Upvote 0

Ophiolite

Recalcitrant Procrastinating Ape
Nov 12, 2008
✟239,869.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
As a Scotsman, do you put sugar on your porridge?
I don't eat porridge. I sample it once every twenty five years in order to recall why I don't eat it. I should check my diary, but I think I am due another try later this year.

Reactions: Aryeh Jay
Upvote 0

ViaCrucis

Confessional Lutheran
Oct 2, 2011
Pacific Northwest
✟731,303.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Dorothy Mae

May 26, 2018
Canton south of Germany
✟75,214.00
Country
Switzerland
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I think it takes a certain kind of person to deny that systemic racism exist in society.

Being English I see things much more as class warfare but to ignore it would not be intellectually honest.
I think it takes wearing blinders to think that everyone everywhere is a racist practicing planned racism. The movement is designed to stir up hatred between people. BLM has a marxist agenda and convinces people that most everyone is a bigot so that riots and mayhem and murder ensue. It works for the naive who don’t ask questions.

Upvote 0

Pommer

CoPacEtiC SkEpTic
Sep 13, 2008
Earth
✟141,251.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
I think it takes wearing blinders to think that everyone everywhere is a racist practicing planned racism. The movement is designed to stir up hatred between people. BLM has a marxist agenda and convinces people that most everyone is a bigot so that riots and mayhem and murder ensue. It works for the naive who don’t ask questions.
There it is.

Upvote 0

Dorothy Mae

May 26, 2018
Canton south of Germany
✟75,214.00
Country
Switzerland
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
There it is.
So do you admit that you and your whole family and friends, including any of a race not yours, are systematically making decisions based on hatred of races to which they don’t belong? Is that your position?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Larniavc

Leading a blameless life
Jul 14, 2015
✟314,659.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
The movement is designed to stir up hatred between people
The movement is there to shine a light on the racism inherent in America. Only those not affected by racism seem to have a problem with it being revealed.

Upvote 0

Dorothy Mae

May 26, 2018
Canton south of Germany
✟75,214.00
Country
Switzerland
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Please specify in your own words the tenets of Marxism espoused by BLM and which individual you are referring to.
You don’t want to believe me so what’s the point. How come black unborn lives don’t matter to them?

Upvote 0

Dorothy Mae

May 26, 2018
Canton south of Germany
✟75,214.00
Country
Switzerland
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
The movement is there to shine a light on the racism inherent in America. Only those not affected by racism seem to have a problem with it being revealed.
The US recently elected a black president. But I guess you ignore that one.

Upvote 0