Orlando, Florida
✟1,260,118.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Politics
US-Democrat
The only option I can see is for me to just off myself for being white. What do you want me to do? Even agreeing with CRT is not okay because I'm white and agreeing with it is just another way of expressing white supremacy according to CRT. What am I supposed to do to placate this ideology? Like, honest question, dude.

Why take a decisive stand about it at all? As @ViaCrucis pointed out, conservatives are making far too much out of the whole notion in the first place.

The most intellectually honest way to approach a subject that is troubling is to ask questions, not attempting to polemically frame something, which is just a recipe for conflict and misunderstanding.

Reactions: Ophiolite
Upvote 0

FireDragon76

Site Supporter
Apr 30, 2013
Orlando, Florida
✟1,260,118.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Politics
US-Democrat
Boomers willfully increased immigration. Immigration is why whites are becoming a minority in the US.

Immigration to the US really hasn't increased relative to the overall increase in population.

Upvote 0

Andy Pierce

Jun 4, 2021
Austin
✟12,047.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Immigration to the US really hasn't increased relative to the overall increase in population.
Nonwhite immigration has. US was 90% white and 10% black since 1776. Now the mestizos are becoming the majority.

Upvote 0

friend of

A private in Gods army
Site Supporter
Dec 28, 2016
provincial
✟762,013.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
The whole point is seeing issues like race as something beyond the individual, and understanding how racial discrimination can be embedded in institutions (and not necessarily individuals).

The most intellectually honest way to approach a subject that is troubling is to ask questions, not attempting to polemically frame something, which is just a recipe for conflict and misunderstanding.

I am not lying about what some proponents of CRT teach. If a person of color were to approach me and offer a conversation on CRT, how is the best way for me to respond in a positive, inoffensive, and mutually edifying way? I am asking a sincere question since CRT lobs many assumptions about me and my character by virtue of my race and not my actual character.

Upvote 0

FireDragon76

Site Supporter
Apr 30, 2013
Orlando, Florida
✟1,260,118.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Politics
US-Democrat
Nonwhite immigration has. US was 90% white and 10% black since 1776. Now the mestizos are becoming the majority.

And that's a bad thing... how? Where in the US Constitution does it say that only white people deserve citizenship rights?

Upvote 0

FireDragon76

Site Supporter
Apr 30, 2013
Orlando, Florida
✟1,260,118.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Politics
US-Democrat
I am not lying about what some proponents of CRT teach. If a person of color were to approach me and offer a conversation on CRT, how is the best way for me to respond in a positive, inoffensive, and mutually edifying way? I am asking a sincere question since CRT lobs many assumptions about me and my character by virtue of my race and not my actual character.

I've never encountered critical race theory used as a weapon of personal attack or an attack on somebody's character. Analysis of social structures isn't making a comment on any particular person's character.

Upvote 0

friend of

A private in Gods army
Site Supporter
Dec 28, 2016
provincial
✟762,013.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
The most intellectually honest way to approach a subject that is troubling is to ask questions,

That is what I am doing in this thread right now. You cannot give me an answer. Only deflection. I find that telling.

Thank you.

Upvote 0

ViaCrucis

Confessional Lutheran
Oct 2, 2011
Pacific Northwest
✟731,888.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
Whites were disproportionately lynched. Most Americans don't know that.
Black on white murder is far more common than white on black murder.

Go live in South Africa.

This feels like it's about a step and a half away from "white genocide" territory.

-CryptoLuthearn

Upvote 0

RDKirk

Alien, Pilgrim, and Sojourner
Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,474,877.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
If a person of color were to approach me and offer a conversation on CRT, how is the best way for me to respond in a positive, inoffensive, and mutually edifying way?

Well, it's not likely to happen that a person of color is going to approach you and "offer a conversation on CRT." But if you're concerned about that, you can practice with me.

• Winner
Reactions: FireDragon76
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Not David

I'm back!
Apr 6, 2018
USA
✟231,310.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
And that's a bad thing... how? Where in the US Constitution does it say that only white people deserve citizenship rights?
Because a lot of non-whites hate white people, we see already how even a singer said that the American flag is now the "new Confederate Flag".

Upvote 0

Gary987

Grace to Keep Pace
Jun 3, 2021
Boston
✟10,228.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Whites were disproportionately lynched. Most Americans don't know that.
Black on white murder is far more common than white on black murder.

Go live in South Africa.

this is actually true but it’s not a fair representation to the facts. The violence by black people are undoubtedly apparent based on Circumstances. There are less blacks in western culture making them a minority making them a constant target for those who seek domination and control.

Upvote 0

ViaCrucis

Confessional Lutheran
Oct 2, 2011
Pacific Northwest
✟731,888.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
Because a lot of non-whites hate white people, we see already how even a singer said that the American flag is now the "new Confederate Flag".

How are these things even remotely related?

-CryptoLutheran

Upvote 0

Ophiolite

Recalcitrant Procrastinating Ape
Nov 12, 2008
✟240,540.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
Funny cuz I don’t watch Fox News or CNN other than glancing. Nice try
I congratulate you on having the oomph to be wrong entirely on your own. It's not a talent to be taken lightly. :)

• Agree
Reactions: Innsmuthbride
Upvote 0

Ophiolite

Recalcitrant Procrastinating Ape
Nov 12, 2008
✟240,540.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
Boomers willfully increased immigration. Immigration is why whites are becoming a minority in the US.
But just to be clear, before the immigration the population of the USA was 100% human and today after further decades of immigration I understand the population of the USA is still 100% human. What is it you see as a difficulty?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Eftsoon

Mar 26, 2021
London
✟55,992.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I don't care if it's real.
White Lives Matter
Yellow Lives Matter

An analogy:
A woman who is a carer for her disabled husband speaks to the head nurse at the facility where he is being treated. Tearfully, she tells him that her son is covered in sores, his nails have been bitten down to the cuticles; he flinches when she touches him. Between sobs she says "My son's life matters"
The head nurse scowls and snorts. He opens his wallet, displays a picture of his son and points "See this? My son matters".

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Eftsoon

Mar 26, 2021
London
✟55,992.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
The only option I can see is for me to just off myself for being white. What do you want me to do? Even agreeing with CRT is not okay because I'm white and agreeing with it is just another way of expressing white supremacy according to CRT. What am I supposed to do to placate this ideology? Like, honest question, dude.

No one is making a personal attack on you. This is the point. There is no CRT. There are only the smoke and shadows. It's a conjuring trick. It's the system which is being attacked. The people in the system are victims. White and black

Upvote 0

Eftsoon

Mar 26, 2021
London
✟55,992.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

All that is being asked is that people reflect on their role in systemic oppression and do what they can do be antiracist.

Upvote 0

ViaCrucis

Confessional Lutheran
Oct 2, 2011
Pacific Northwest
✟731,888.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
But just to be clear, before the immigration the population of the USA was 100% human and today after further decades of immigration I understand the population of the USA is still 100% human. What is it you see as a difficulty?

Because "brown people are scary".

-CryptoLutheran

Upvote 0