• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.
  6. We are no longer allowing posts or threads that deny the existence of Covid-19. Members have lost loved ones to this virus and are grieving. As a Christian site, we do not need to add to the pain of the loss by allowing posts that deny the existence of the virus that killed their loved one. Future post denying the Covid-19 existence, calling it a hoax, will be addressed via the warning system.

I'm a conservative who believes systemic racism is real

Discussion in 'News & Current Events (Articles Required)' started by SummerMadness, Jun 22, 2021.

1. SummerMadness

SummerMadness Senior Veteran

+11,577
    Catholic
    I'm a conservative who believes systemic racism is real

We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. Andy Pierce

Andy Pierce Member

+51
    United States
    Eastern Orthodox
    Private
    I don't care if it's real.
    White Lives Matter
    Yellow Lives Matter

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  3. Larnievc

Larnievc Well-Known Member

+4,116
    Atheist
    Married
    UK-Labour
    I think it takes a certain kind of person to deny that systemic racism exist in society.

Being English I see things much more as class warfare but to ignore it would not be intellectually honest.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  4. Sketcher

Sketcher Born Imperishable

+7,888
    Non-Denom
    Single
    US-Republican
    His community when he was growing up was more racist than my community, at least in the years that I was growing up. But that misses the larger point.

Systemic racism is a term often used and weaponized by the left, but it's a mistake by those on the right to leave it to those on the left to point out. In fact, there are racist structures that the left has been responsible for. Example: redlining. Redlining was part and parcel with the New Deal. It became part of the system with those reforms, and where I live, it continued into the 90's. Yet, when people talk about "systemic racism" they're usually talking about how we need to get rid of capitalism because it's racist (which is utterly ignorant when studying what it is, what it does, and what it has done in history to weaken social barriers), but I don't hear them talking about getting rid of the New Deal, or how it gave racists the power that it did.

5. SummerMadness

SummerMadness Senior Veteran

+11,577
    Catholic
    How about instead of fighting with people who talk about getting rid of a capitalism (a small minority), you talk about structural racism? For instance, redlining as part of the New Deal was a policy rolled into the legislation to secure the Southern vote. The issue, of course, is playing into the racist demands of the Jim Crow South, not getting rid of the New Deal or getting rid of capitalism as it does not address the issue of structural racism. I guess you should not get so easily distracted by some discussing a topic.

6. friend of

friend of Well-Known Member Supporter

+2,904
    Canada
    Non-Denom
    Private
    The major problem I have with CRT is that it leaves essentially no way for me at appease its proponents

7. Landon Caeli

Landon Caeli Member of the Heart of Gold Club Staff Member Trainee Supporter

+4,081
    United States
    Catholic
    Married
    US-Others
    Surely you do a little bit, though... Right?

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  8. Akita Suggagaki

Akita Suggagaki Well-Known Member

+2,371
    United States
    Catholic
    Single
    US-Others
    The thing is, at least in American society, white lives seem to have always mattered more.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  9. eleos1954

eleos1954 God is Love Supporter

+3,978
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    US-Others
    Institutional racism, also known as systemic racism, is a form of racism that is embedded through laws and regulations within society or an organization. It can lead to such issues as discrimination in criminal justice, employment, housing, health care, political power, and education, among other issues.

Does it exist? Yes (in all societies world-wide). In regard to the US ... What laws and regulations can be removed to get rid of it?

10. Andy Pierce

Andy Pierce Member

+51
    United States
    Eastern Orthodox
    Private
    Yet whites are a minority now post-boomer generation, and I only hear whites being the only race demonized in public schools and universities.

11. dqhall

dqhall Well-Known Member Supporter

+3,113
    United States
    Christian
    Single
  12. FireDragon76

FireDragon76 Well-Known Member Supporter

+14,231
    United States
    Other Religion
    Legal Union (Other)
    US-Democrat
    This guy has hit on something related to a larger issue, that many American conservatives have extremely myopic and limited ethics owing to how morality is constructed according to their religious tradition.

13. FireDragon76

FireDragon76 Well-Known Member Supporter

+14,231
    United States
    Other Religion
    Legal Union (Other)
    US-Democrat
    What makes you think that's what's at stake? Again, conservative ethics are deficient, because they frame everything as being about them.

The whole point is seeing issues like race as something beyond the individual, and understanding how racial discrimination can be embedded in institutions (and not necessarily individuals).

You are "hearing", and that's the operative word. It's a narrative being spun by people that want to manipulate the conversation away from honest dialogue and discussion and avoid dealing with race honestly.

On the contrary, I haven't heard of widespread demonization of whites in public universities. Extraordinary proof requires extraordinary evidence, and anecdotes and one-off stories aren't sufficient evidence of systemic racism against whites.

14. Thomas White

Thomas White Well-Known Member

+587
    United States
    Methodist
    Married
    White people make up 60.3% of the U.S. population...

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  15. mala

mala fluffy lion

+2,295
    Muslim
    Single
    that's less than a hundred percent as some people might like. so obviously you'll hear people whining about it.
    or they'll just count hispanics "white" again like they did before.

16. Gary987

Gary987 Grace to Keep Pace

+39
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Single
    US-Others
    It really doesn’t matter if you believe systemic racism is real or not. The government will punish you either way for it if we continue to support government rules to reconstruct races and living conditions. That’s what harmed black people. Now our government wants to flip the script on whites although whites in government will be just fine

17. Thomas White

Thomas White Well-Known Member

+587
    United States
    Methodist
    Married
    What?

18. mala

mala fluffy lion

+2,295
    Muslim
    Single
    too much fox news.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  19. RDKirk

RDKirk Alien, Pilgrim, and Sojourner Supporter

+15,025
    Christian
    Married
    Boomers are still the dominant policymakers for government, industry, commerce, and media.

20. RDKirk

RDKirk Alien, Pilgrim, and Sojourner Supporter

+15,025
    Christian
    Married
    How do you actually know what harmed black people?

That's rather like a father in the labor room telling his wife when her contractions start and end.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List