Aug 8, 2014
✟594,142.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
So the last time I posted on this site was in 2012. I wasn't a Christian then, but I definitely am now. Can I get some help?

You need to open a ticket with the moderators/administrators, telling them your new faith from the list below. Welcome to Christianity. Praise God!

« How do I change my Faith Icon?
See this list, then open up a Ticket in Contact Us and talk with an admin about your desire to change your faith icon. »

Reactions: anna ~ grace
Upvote 0

Brian Mcnamee

Feb 2, 2017
usa
✟221,465.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
So the last time I posted on this site was in 2012. I wasn't a Christian then, but I definitely am now. Can I get some help?
hi know your Bible and know your God. Start to memorize the ideas of key passages and pray and meditate on them. Psalm 1 is very good 2nd Peter 1 is a chapter you can base your life on. It contains promises and instructions for obtaining the promises that will put in order the very things you need to ad to your faith to transform your life. If you read this and think about why God ordered it that way it makes a powerfully focused plan. Also do a study on wisdom as this kind of discernment is needed too. james gives the definition of wisdom too and that is another key thing to understand.

Upvote 0

“Paisios”

Sinner
Site Supporter
Aug 8, 2014
✟594,142.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Thank you, I did just that. It just bummed me out that most of the spots I wanted to post in were for "Christians only".
Well, this site tries to be a safe haven for Christians, so I understand the restrictions.

But you are one now, so that will open up all those closed off areas.

How did you come to faith (if it is not too personal)?

Upvote 0

CharismaticLady

Site Supporter
Jun 14, 2019
Tennessee
✟140,294.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Celibate
I uh, don't read the bible yet.

It can be hard to understand, so for you I would start out with The Living Bible and read the New Testament through, starting with the book called Matthew. You can get the Living Bible on ebay or Amazon.com. It is what is called a paraphrase. A father actually took each verse and wrote the meaning of the verse in a way that his children could understand. He did that with each book of the Bible, and published them. Then they put them all together and now we have the whole Bible in an easy to understand companion to a true translation. I still love and use it in my studies.

Later you can graduate to the New King James Version so that you can have all the verses in a translation. (Most of the modern versions actually leave out important verses)

Upvote 0

Halbhh

Everything You say is Life to me
Site Supporter
Mar 17, 2015
catholic -- embracing all Christians
✟1,158,100.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I uh, don't read the bible yet.

Then you'll want to start by hearing the words of your Savior, Jesus Christ.

Matthew 17:5 While Peter was still speaking, a bright cloud enveloped them, and a voice from the cloud said, "This is My beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased. Listen to Him!"

We need and want to hear all He said to us, in time. But it's good to take your time! (one might read a gospel in days...or months...)

We want to really hear Him. :)

I think the NIV is a good translation for a first-time reader (having read the gospels in several translations already).

Even though Matthew starts with a brief genealogy that means a lot to those of Jewish descent, after that short section, it will get very interesting I think. Christ begins to speak in chapter 3 and 4, and the key Sermon on the Mount of chapters 5-7 is next, what we generally consider the heart of Christian teaching.

Matthew 1 NIV

Take your time when you hear His words, such as in chapter 4, 5, 6, and think on them, and pause as often as you need, and sleep on them. Sometimes I read a chapter in the gospels (one can read them many times, wonderfully), but sometimes I found just a few verses was enough to be totally full! It's not a hurry to finish, but instead the goal is to have His words with you.

Instead of finishing, we want to be with. :)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

anna ~ grace

Site Supporter
May 9, 2010
✟108,146.93
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
No I can read the king James Version just fine, its not the difficulty of the material. Its the fact that every time I read the bible I'm disgusted.
Take it slowly. Maybe start with the Gospels, pray, read through 1 John, and feel free to ask any questions that come up. Glad to see you here!

Upvote 0
Mar 8, 2012
✟4,712.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Un. Church of CA
Marital Status
Single
Thank you both, new people on the thread for your kind words. I'm ashamed of myself.

I actually don't have a bible to read anymore, and I don't like reading the bible on the internet. I have ended up ripping all of my bibles I've ever owned in half. That'd be one RSV, one NIV, one Message, and one KJV.

Upvote 0

anna ~ grace

Site Supporter
May 9, 2010
✟108,146.93
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Thank you both, new people on the thread for your kind words. I'm ashamed of myself.

I actually don't have a bible to read anymore, and I don't like reading the bible on the internet. I have ended up ripping all of my bibles I've ever owned in half. That'd be one RSV, one NIV, one Message, and one KJV.
Did you do this before or after becoming a Christian?

Upvote 0
Mar 8, 2012
✟4,712.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Un. Church of CA
Marital Status
Single
Before and after. See, when I read the Bible, I feel hatred building up in me towards God. Then I lash out when I don't get the answers and tear the bible. I'm afraid it will happen again.

Don't get me wrong, I love God. I love Jesus, he is my Lord and Saviour. But there is something wrong with me. I'm a rebellious child of the Devil (Used to be a Satanist)

Upvote 0

anna ~ grace

Site Supporter
May 9, 2010
✟108,146.93
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Before and after. See, when I read the Bible, I feel hatred building up in me towards God. Then I lash out when I don't get the answers and tear the bible. I'm afraid it will happen again.

Don't get me wrong, I love God. I love Jesus, he is my Lord and Saviour. But there is something wrong with me. I'm a rebellious child of the Devil (Used to be a Satanist)
I think you may still be having some spiritual problems as a result of years within Satanism. Stuff like that can affect the soul, and the results of having communion with devils for a long time can make following Christ difficult; they had you, and don't like the thought of you leaving them, and being free.

Pray, friend. Pray the Jesus Prayer, as brother Paisios suggested, ask Christ for active help against these evil thoughts and inclinations, which are likely demonic, and let God in His Mercy gently guide you out of evil, and into light.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

2PhiloVoid

Site Supporter
Oct 28, 2006
The Void!
✟1,132,565.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

I imagine that being a former Satanist of some sort comes with its drawbacks, especially when one may want to then later follow Christ. My condolences!

• Agree
Upvote 0
Mar 8, 2012
✟4,712.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Un. Church of CA
Marital Status
Single
Well, I was a free will sacrifice. I didn't actually hurt anyone but myself. I hate Satan. I was also solo, didn't know any other Satanists. But I've seen many demons and Satan and his Bride, the Great Harlot as well. That last one is quite scary.

• Prayers
Upvote 0

2PhiloVoid

Site Supporter
Oct 28, 2006
The Void!
✟1,132,565.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Well, I was a free will sacrifice. I didn't actually hurt anyone but myself. I hate Satan. I was also solo, didn't know any other Satanists. But I've seen many demons and Satan and his Bride, the Great Harlot as well. That last one is quite scary.

I don't know how scary all that is for me. When the Motley Crue decides to comes around and "Shout at the Devil," I punch the spiritual play button and let the Lord's Boys counter-strike! :cool1:

Upvote 0
Mar 8, 2012
✟4,712.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Un. Church of CA
Marital Status
Single
So anyways, I misunderstood what you wrote there. You mean Michael's soldiers, yes? I am constantly tormented by the memories of what I saw and caused. But well, I can't change any of that. I just have to trust Michael to cleanse my dreams when demons wander in.

Upvote 0