• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

I'm a Christian Film Maker

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Andy Burton, Jun 20, 2018.

1. Andy Burton

Andy Burton I make videos on Evangelism and Mental Health

+12
    United Kingdom
    Christian
    Married
    Hi Guys,

I love making videos with a Gospel message and an element of 'self-help' or rather 'God help'.

I've only made about five videos so far but I'm hooked and would like to hear from you guys what Christian themed subjects or evangelism methods you'd like me to cover in future videos.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Thanks
    Andy Burton

We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. Pilgrim

Pilgrim Praying without ceasing

+10,403
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    Welcome to Christian Forums, Andy. You and your ministry are in my prayers.

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
  3. Andy Burton

+12
    United Kingdom
    Christian
    Married
    What a lovely welcome! Thank you so much Pilgrim!

4. Southernscotty

Southernscotty Well-Known Member Supporter Angels Team

+7,510
    United States
    Christian
    Celibate
    Howdy Andy and welcome :wave:, May you be blessed here richly :]

5. Chinchilla

Chinchilla Well-Known Member

+1,021
    Poland
    Christian
    Private
    I did not notice that you have autism maybe I'm autistic myself
    -too much information - checks
    - good hearing - checks ( up to 18 000 Hz )
    -overanalizing people - checks
    - I'm dyslectic on top of that , like i will write fullfilled instead of fulfilled or 1243 instead of 1234 ( always changing the last two numbers , or I will change John 5:10 for John 10:5 eew ;C
    - I actually did similar thing like you did with maps but I took the address of people saved into one book and kept it there so i won't repeat myself to person that I alredy visited , making circles around my home and slowly making larger circles and larger , got that idea from African tribes hunting animals it's what they do .
    - I though of that idea in 6:55 myself
    - I like dark , cold places aswell , the best would be rainy day with thunderstorms or walking/working at night
    - I used to use ear plugs aswell but I once had no choice but to wear old ones for like 2-3 days straight instead new ones every time and I put them in some dirty place and caught ear infection in one of my ear because of that so always make sure that you use clean ones It really hurt was unable to sleep for 30+ hours .
    -23:00 Don't worry your memory about these people will be erased you will not remember them in heaven ( the ones which perish in hell endlessly ) also people are without excuse it's not like God will blame you for not witnessing to them , he alredy know that you would not be able to witness to that person so he could have somebody else do that earlier in thier life .
    -28:00 I agree with you , best way is the straight to the point way I love to go back to Old Testament to preach the gospel like Paul did
    -32:00 The design of my gospel track was simple no visuals just plain Bible text with as much as I can introduce In order like I would usually tell somebody , I hate to resign from some of verses but there is not enought space to fit it all in .
    -39:00 for me 0 I didn't even hear it in church sadly
    -39:42 me too and quite often , they sit and preach door to door or in parks
    -53:00 I don't like deep 1v1 conversations tho , I delight in not talking at all so you could not challenge me for week of silence or something and expect to win

Anyways thanks for the video , nice to see your perspective on things , well I'm not diagnosed with autism myself but we share most of stuff you are not sick but you are like normal person to me , I would even say most people you met would not figure out you have autism if you did not mention it . :bye:

6. FIRESTORM314

FIRESTORM314 Active Member Supporter

+277
    United Kingdom
    Christian
    Married
    Evening Andy and welcome to the Forum

I do a bit of video design myself - haven't done much in the way of Christian Videos though - yet
    Maybe one for the near future.

What part of UK are you from?

7. Eric Abbott

Eric Abbott New Member

+41
    United States
    Baptist
    Married
    Hey Andy, very interesting projects it sounds like you have in your ministry. I love thinkers as a Christian business owner and entrepreneur myself. Love your creative thinking as is needed in this world to reach the lost. Welcome to the forums! Hope to get to know you here and connect more in the near future.
    Good bless

8. Andy Burton

+12
    United Kingdom
    Christian
    Married
    Hi Southernscotty! Many thanks and may Our Lord greatly bless you too!

9. Andy Burton

+12
    United Kingdom
    Christian
    Married
    Hi Chinchilla! I had to go through my video again to see what part you were referencing - many thanks for the time references. I understand I have what is known as High Functioning Autism. I've since learnt that others with this type have problems being taken seriously by Doctors because they don't appear to be that much different from cognitively normal people (I forget the correct term). I buy my earplugs in bulk and have never had an ear infection, but I will change them more often in light of your helpful info. Many thanks! God Bless.

10. Andy Burton

+12
    United Kingdom
    Christian
    Married
    Hi Firestorm314, I'm from Milton Keynes in Buckinghamshire. I'd love to know what gear you use. I currently use a Panasonic GH5, film in 4K 10bit 4.2.2 and will be trying out HDR on my next video (on Anxiety Disorders). I'm a beginner at colour grading, the autism video looked good on my iMac but terrible on my Sony TV (far too Blue). The widescreen made my Brother laugh as he said it looked all Hollywood but I never moved from the sofa! :)

I would definitely recommend using your talents in filmmaking to reach the lost and edify the saved. It has already been a big blessing to me after just a few months. I got a message this morning from a viewer who said: "what you're saying in the video [...] is something I definitely experience almost daily!"
    The feedback encourages me to keep making videos on Evangelism, Investigative Journalism (uncovering the deeds of darkness here in MK) and Mental Health issues all with a Gospel message.

Do let us know when you have a youtube channel - I'd love to see your work.

Thanks and God Bless.

11. Andy Burton

+12
    United Kingdom
    Christian
    Married
    Hi Eric, Thanks for your kind comments. I'm trying to be as creative as possible in reaching the lost. I'm hoping to film a video this week about non-verbal forms of evangelism. Since filming my video Evangelism and the Most Productive Lunch Break of My Life! I have been too ill to go door to door witnessing. So it has been a blessing to have other contingency evangelism methods. God Bless and thanks again for your reply.

12. FIRESTORM314

FIRESTORM314 Active Member Supporter

+277
    United Kingdom
    Christian
    Married
    It sounds like your well kitted out Andy. You've got the essential ingredient which is determination
    :oldthumbsup:

I thought about doing some Christian Video's and creating a channel but it's a case of finding time and some like minded fellows. Other than time, money and company - it's game on. I'm putting some ideas together of what I would like to do. Coming to a screen near you soon :cool:

Keep up the good work but be careful uncovering those dark deeds - they really don't like being exposed. I'd concentrate on the Christian Stuff and Self Help.

Good Luck

13. Andy Burton

+12
    United Kingdom
    Christian
    Married
    Hi Firestorm314, please let me know when you have a channel, I'd definitely subscribe. Too few Christians on youtube. I do prefer doing the evangelistic type video, my video on the charity shop from Hell was six months of hard work for an 8-minute video. I hope it does some good to someone though.
    many thanks for your encouragement.

14. faroukfarouk

faroukfarouk Fading curmudgeon

+15,055
    Non-Denom
    Married
    Hi; good to see you.

15. Pilgrim

Pilgrim Praying without ceasing

+10,403
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    You're welcome, Andy. May the LORD shine much good favor and bring many blessings to your ministry. Amen.

16. Andy Burton

+12
    United Kingdom
    Christian
    Married

This is part 2 in my ongoing series. Thanks for all your support. Let's get the Gospel out there in every way possible!