✟8,043.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
The day you turn 40, you will suddenly discover the following:

1. You live in a near-empty nest, if you've had a house full of kids for 20 or more years. (Thus you will have...)
2. A renewed sex drive.
3. Wisdom that only comes from time and experience.
4. A bracing sense of humor.
5. The knowledge that you possess a physical beauty that is, truly, timeless, and that you don't need excess cosmetics or even surgery or any of that to achieve it.
6. The desire and the right to pamper yourself.
7. You have your own interests; you have the right to pursue them
8. If you're married, the knowledge that your spouse looks at you with more love than he did the day he married you.
9. If you're single (or married, for that matter), the knowledge that you are an independent and confident human being in your own right. You have intrinsic value as a child of God; you have value as an accomplished member of society.
10. You are highly esteemed by God (Dan. 9:23).

Upvote 0

Tricia4Jesus

when you wish upon a star...
Oct 31, 2005
Southern California
✟14,858.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Republican
NewCovenant said:
The day you turn 40, you will suddenly discover the following:

1. You live in a near-empty nest, if you've had a house full of kids for 20 or more years. (Thus you will have...)
2. A renewed sex drive.
3. Wisdom that only comes from time and experience.
4. A bracing sense of humor.
5. The knowledge that you possess a physical beauty that is, truly, timeless, and that you don't need excess cosmetics or even surgery or any of that to achieve it.
6. The desire and the right to pamper yourself.
7. You have your own interests; you have the right to pursue them
8. If you're married, the knowledge that your spouse looks at you with more love than he did the day he married you.
9. If you're single (or married, for that matter), the knowledge that you are an independent and confident human being in your own right. You have intrinsic value as a child of God; you have value as an accomplished member of society.
10. You are highly esteemed by God (Dan. 9:23).

The truth spoken in love. :thumbsup: I seriously have enjoyed my 40's so far. :clap:

Upvote 0

whitestar

Veteran
Aug 25, 2003
Kansas
Visit site
✟17,242.00
Faith
Christian

Ha! I am almost 45 and my son is almost ten....so I guess the rest of that list does not apply to me! :D

But he keeps me young at heart....(or makes me feel 100 depending....;) ) lol...

I didn't really care when I turned 40...or if I did, I don't remember...lol. Some things are GOOD to forget....

I will worry about the 'getting old stuff' when I turn....mmmm....some other age...I will let you know...

Upvote 0

NewCovenant

Aug 26, 2005
South Carolina
Visit site
✟8,043.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I'm 43, and I feel like these have been the best few years of my life. I've come "into my own"; learned more about myself; realized that I, too, deserve some joy in my life; the list goes on and on. This is truly MY decade. I can't wait to see what God has in store for me. Maybe 50 will be even better, who knows? I'm excited.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums