Illustrating and writing 2 children books, but some things intimidate me.

LoricaLady

YHWH's
Site Supporter
Jul 27, 2009
Ohio
✟1,086,339.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
The writing and illustrating parts are fun. But all he technical issues, getting the books online and where to go about that, and sales issues, etc. make me cringe. Please pray for me to just trust in the the Lord step by step for the (to me) more dull and uninteresting areas in unfamiliar territory.

LoricaLady

YHWH's
Site Supporter
Jul 27, 2009
Ohio
✟1,086,339.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
What a good endeavor. I'm sure it'd be hard work writing & illustrating a book. Prayers for your success.
Thanks much for the prayers. The writing and illustrating parts are not hard, or if they are, it doesn't seem like it because I really enjoy doing both. However, just thinking about the more technical issues is hard!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Go Braves

I miss Senator McCain
May 18, 2017
Atlanta
✟15,568.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
Thanks much for the prayers. The writing and illustrating parts are not hard, or they are, it doesn't seem like it because I really enjoy doing both. However, just thinking about the more technical issues is hard!

Well the writing & illustrating parts sure would be hard for me, so you must be blessed with a lot of talent! :) I'm glad it's enjoyable to you. I hope the technical issues get all worked out. If you ever decide to share your work here, please tag me so I can see it. I'd enjoy that.

Upvote 0

LoricaLady

YHWH's
Site Supporter
Jul 27, 2009
Ohio
✟1,086,339.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Well the writing & illustrating parts sure would be hard for me, so you must be blessed with a lot of talent! :) I'm glad it's enjoyable to you. I hope the technical issues get all worked out. If you ever decide to share your work here, please tag me so I can see it. I'd enjoy that.
Well, thank you. I do have certain talents, but then I have some disabilities, too, like Attention Deficit Syndrome. That is so much more of a curse than people realize. But through diet I have seen much improvement. (The meds generally are awful.) But I digress.

Well, I will share one more thing. I know the technical issues will have to be straightened out because I honestly believe that one book idea was given to me by the Father. One morning it just literally popped into my head. It was nothing I would have ever thought of doing at all. Now that I have gotten into it, it is, again, fun. But anyway I figure if He wants me to do it, He will make a way. But of course I have to keep up the step by step prayers, like to get past the technical issues aversion. And others' prayers are much appreciated here!

Upvote 0

LoricaLady

YHWH's
Site Supporter
Jul 27, 2009
Ohio
✟1,086,339.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Do you mean getting a publisher and the like?
Well, that is just one of many issues I need to research. I would rather self publish and have been looking into that just a very little. The other issues involve things like setting up a Wix website. You see I have many hundreds of colorful pictures, to be offered for free, related to speech/language and English as a second language topics, to educators at mostly the elementary level (where i used to work as a speech path.) The website would have no ads but would have links to where my books could be found online, if anyone is interested.

The whole Wix thing intimidates me too. I know that is dumb. They make such things very user friendly. So many issues, really - don't want to bore you with them.
But I know it's all simple with the Father.

Upvote 0

LoricaLady

YHWH's
Site Supporter
Jul 27, 2009
Ohio
✟1,086,339.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
And P.S. One book - the one I felt led to do by the Father - will have rhymes in it that are sometimes just for fun and sometimes teach little lessons on getting on in the world. The 2nd book is about an animal rescue. So - since I think the Father loves animals - in case anyone is interested, I think the books would be serving the Father's children.

Upvote 0

Deborah D

Prayer Warrior
Site Supporter
Aug 25, 2018
USA
✟224,544.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Well, that is just one of many issues I need to research. I would rather self publish and have been looking into that just a very little. The other issues involve things like setting up a Wix website. You see I have many hundreds of colorful pictures, to be offered for free, related to speech/language and English as a second language topics, to educators at mostly the elementary level (where i used to work as a speech path.) The website would have no ads but would have links to where my books could be found online, if anyone is interested.

The whole Wix thing intimidates me too. I know that is dumb. They make such things very user friendly. So many issues, really - don't want to bore you with them.
But I know it's all simple with the Father.

I don't know what Wix is. Have you considered Amazon Create Space for self-publishing? I believe they can do picture books, but you'd have to check into it if you haven't already. Here's link: CreateSpace Independent Publishing

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums