Not open for further replies.

Limeade

Aug 19, 2007
✟7,618.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I believe that he must have been possessed by a demon. And was looking for the good Lords salvation. He does not have to answer to anyone, even police officers, except for our Lord.

See thats where you're wrong. You do have to obey the law. You start to traverse a slippery slope when you say "only the Lord"

I can see it now"I don't have to pay my taxes, I only pay the Lord"

Also what do you base this assertion of demon possession on?

:)

Upvote 0

Sanctuaryandbliss

Relax. Be at peace.Breathe.
Sep 21, 2007
Virginia
✟8,844.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Libertarian
If all he was doing was caring a bible and shouting "I want Jesus." why does that need police intervention? was there more that he had done?

That shouldnt have resulted in a death though. But maybe he is with Jesus now and he got his wish.:). we could hope for the best.

~Blessed Be

Upvote 0

Utah Knight

A friend to all
Supporter
Jun 29, 2004
Just north of Salt Lake City Utah
✟90,009.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Personally as a cop myself we have training reguarding the taser we are only to use them ifwe feel we are in danger. I have only had use my taser once. but not all cops feel the need to follow protocal. From what you have told me he was yelling for Jesus and that is not an offence so either there is more to the story than that is in the public domain or the officer was useing excessive force

Upvote 0

CoreyO

Mar 18, 2008
✟8,369.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Personally as a cop myself we have training reguarding the taser we are only to use them ifwe feel we are in danger. I have only had use my taser once. but not all cops feel the need to follow protocal. From what you have told me he was yelling for Jesus and that is not an offence so either there is more to the story than that is in the public domain or the officer was useing excessive force
I am in Private Security, and we carry tasers as well. What Utah Knight said is correct.

Also, it is extremely rare for a taser to kill someone. It does happen, but the person was most likely in a state that is called "excited delirium". Meaning that they go from very amped, high on drugs or even adrenaline, and then when they are tased, the shock can kill them.

All in all, I think there were other factors involved.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Unbroken

Jan 18, 2007
Michigan
✟8,024.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Constitution
Or perhaps a competent police force...

Unless you were there and saw the event yourself, don't call the police force incompetent. Just the last few days of testing for the Baltimore PD has shown me how hard it really is to become an officer.

Upvote 0

Unbroken

Jan 18, 2007
Michigan
✟8,024.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Constitution
I am one of the few people, I think, who is against tazering of any kind. I think it has been abused and grossly overused.

With all due respect, I believe one must actually understand why we must use tasers, before judging them.

The teenager who died in this tasering, in this very old thread, clearly was a little off at the point he was tasered. I've been tasered, and I can attest to the fact that it in no way harmed me besides the pain.

People high on harmful substances are the only people whom have ever been recorded to die from tasering so far. Unfourtunately, these are the people we NEED tasers for. Have you ever had a 6'5 inmate burnt out on meth go berserk on you? It ain't pretty. They don't feel pepperspray. My brothers need their tasers.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.