Baha'i
Sep 29, 2010
Jackson, MS
✟55,644.00
Faith
Baha'i
Marital Status
Single
It doesn't make any difference. Colleges and other such institutions or corporations don't publish, on the websites that are intended to inform the general public, the rules and regulations that apply to the conduct of employees.

They do where I work at Jackson State University in Mississippi. If you know where to look you can find their faculty handbook right on their website.

Upvote 0

bhsmte

Apr 26, 2013
✟247,431.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
They do where I work at Jackson State University in Mississippi. If you know where to look you can find their faculty handbook right on their website.

Jackson State is a public university, correct?

Public universities need to be much more transparent, than private institutions.

I am quite familiar with employment agreements and private institutions, do not have to reveal the content of employment agreements to the public. In fact, most employee agreements with private institutions, have clauses that state you agree to keep the agreement private and will only share with your attorney and can only be exposed in the course of a legal proceeding.

Upvote 0

smaneck

Baha'i
Sep 29, 2010
Jackson, MS
✟55,644.00
Faith
Baha'i
Marital Status
Single
I don't see how they could be thought to worship the same god. When one god claims one thing to his prophet, Muhammad, and the other god taught quite a different thing when he sent the son the other god does not have to deliver and fulfill prophecy and salvation for the world.

That brings us back to the issue of whether Jews worship the same God, doesn't it?

Upvote 0

smaneck

Baha'i
Sep 29, 2010
Jackson, MS
✟55,644.00
Faith
Baha'i
Marital Status
Single
Jackson State is a public university, correct?

Public universities need to be much more transparent, than private institutions.

Faculty Handbooks in my experience are always matters of public record. Contracts generally are not but contracts are not usually long and involved. Mine was just half a page.

Upvote 0

Blondepudding

Who Sprinkled You With Grumpy Dust?
Dec 26, 2015
Here and now
✟19,720.00
Faith
Ignostic
Marital Status
Married
That brings us back to the issue of whether Jews worship the same God, doesn't it?
I wouldn't think there would be an issue as far as that is concerned. Jesus is said to have fulfilled the scriptures foretelling of the deliverer in Jewish text.

Upvote 0

bhsmte

Apr 26, 2013
✟247,431.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Faculty Handbooks in my experience are always matters of public record. Contracts generally are not but contracts are not usually long and involved. Mine was just half a page.

In private institutions and or companies, employee handbooks are not public record. In fact, many employees sign confidentially agreements, which would not allow them to reveal the same.

In this case, if it was to get to a legal battle, the employee agreement the professor signed tying them to Wheaton College theology/statement of faith, will be everything, because it is the binding instrument, the court would review.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

bhsmte

Apr 26, 2013
✟247,431.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I wouldn't think there would be an issue as far as that is concerned. Jesus is said to have fulfilled the scriptures foretelling of the deliverer in Jewish text.

Not according to Jews, they don't believe Jesus was God.

Upvote 0

smaneck

Baha'i
Sep 29, 2010
Jackson, MS
✟55,644.00
Faith
Baha'i
Marital Status
Single
This article link has also been posted here. Dr. Larycia Hawkins must have known the beliefs, faith, and practice of this college.

And they knew her beliefs, faith and practices when they tenured her essentially giving her a life-time contract.

Upvote 0

smaneck

Baha'i
Sep 29, 2010
Jackson, MS
✟55,644.00
Faith
Baha'i
Marital Status
Single
In private institutions and or companies, employee handbooks are not public record. In fact, many employees sign confidentially agreements, which would not allow them to reveal the same.

Not at all true with faculty handbooks.

Upvote 0

Blondepudding

Dec 26, 2015
Here and now
✟19,720.00
Faith
Ignostic
Marital Status
Married
Not according to Jews, they don't believe Jesus was God.
They also don't believe that Jesus was that promised Messiah.
But that's different than Muslims who believe Jesus was a prophet but not the son of god. Further, the faith people have in all three faiths are said to be delivered or breathed by god. If it is one god for the three faiths then Islam , which is the youngest of the three, couldn't be related by the same god that said Jesus, who is also divine in the Christian scriptures, was the only means of salvation.

Upvote 0

smaneck

Baha'i
Sep 29, 2010
Jackson, MS
✟55,644.00
Faith
Baha'i
Marital Status
Single
They also don't believe that Jesus was that promised Messiah.
But that's different than Muslims who believe Jesus was a prophet but not the son of god.

Muslims also believe Jesus is the Messiah which means they have more points of agreement with Christianity than does Judaism.

Further, the faith people have in all three faiths are said to be delivered or breathed by god.

The term god 'breathed' seems to be peculiar to Timothy.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

bhsmte

Apr 26, 2013
✟247,431.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Not at all true with faculty handbooks.

Disagree.

You said they are public record. No private institution has to make an employee handbook available to the public.

And employee contracts in private institutions, are confidential in nature.

Upvote 0

smaneck

Baha'i
Sep 29, 2010
Jackson, MS
✟55,644.00
Faith
Baha'i
Marital Status
Single
Disagree.

You said they are public record. No private institution has to make an employee handbook available to the public.

And what exactly do you know about faculty handbooks? Have you ever been involved in writing one? I have.

They are public records, whether they have to be in a private institution or not is irrelevant. I don't think you realize how Faculty Handbooks are compiled and how impossible it would be to keep them confidential even if you wanted to. Faculty Senates and the Administration consult together on the contents of the Faculty Handbook. And us faculty are like cats, we can't be herded. You see unlike employees in other types of institutions, we are paid to be independent thinkers.

Upvote 0

smaneck

Baha'i
Sep 29, 2010
Jackson, MS
✟55,644.00
Faith
Baha'i
Marital Status
Single

Those texts say nothing about the Messiah being God or the Son of God.

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
I take your word for that, but I'll bet you can take a dozen other universities and not find that repeated.

Upvote 0

Blondepudding

Dec 26, 2015
Here and now
✟19,720.00
Faith
Ignostic
Marital Status
Married
Those texts say nothing about the Messiah being God or the Son of God.
Certainly the Qur'an doesn't. But the new testament bible does. And the Septuagint refers to the beloved son or thine only son, (of god).
Again, the Qur'an has no such reference because the claim there is Allah had no son. Therefore, this professor would be wrong in claiming Christians and Muslims worship the same god when Islam states god has no son.

Upvote 0