III% Leader charged in MI governor kidnap plot said God gave him permission to murder

essentialsaltes

Stranger in a Strange Land
Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟827,246.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
Man charged in alleged plot to kidnap Michigan governor says God gave him permission to kill

An accused bombmaker identified as a ringleader of an alleged plot to kidnap and harm Gov. Gretchen Whitmer claimed he had permission from God to commit murder and was the national leader of a militia group that rioted at the U.S. Capitol last week, an FBI agent said Wednesday.

Croft is the national leader of the 3 Percenters, a small militia that participated in the Jan. 6 insurgence at the U.S. Capitol, FBI Special Agent Richard Trask said during the hearing,

On Wednesday, they played multiple recordings that included Croft.

“Croft was saying he was granted permission from God to commit murder, correct,” Kessler asked the FBI agent.

“Correct,” Trask said.

durangodawood

Dis Member
Aug 28, 2007
Colorado
✟431,849.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
..An accused bombmaker identified as a ringleader of an alleged plot to kidnap and harm Gov. Gretchen Whitmer claimed he had permission from God to commit murder and was the national leader of a militia group that rioted at the U.S. Capitol last week, an FBI agent said Wednesday.
Who's to say he's wrong?

Regardless, we can see how there was much more at stake during the 1/6 events than just the dignity of the Capitol.

Upvote 0

Rene Loup

Left the pack, joined the flock.
Apr 13, 2020
Canada
✟62,140.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Thou shalt not murder,[1] let alone government officials because that is unChrist-like.[2]

There is a VERY big difference between true-believing Christians and those CLAIMING to be true believing Christians. Some may argue this is the 'No True Scotsman' fallacy, I call this, "Putting one's money where their mouths are."
  1. Deut. 5:17, Ex. 20:13
  2. 1 Pet. 2:11-25, Rom. 13:1-14

Upvote 0

Lg2000

Dec 15, 2003
L.A.
✟27,613.00
Faith
Christian
Too many people think it's god talking to them when it's just they own conscience. Religious youtubers and celebrity evangelist have a huge problem with this.
Yeah let me hear about how your dreams are visions from god as well.
Alot of people who claim to love Jesus , would really hate him if he was walking the earth today.
They pick and choose the parts of Jesus they like , then ignore the ones they don't

These guys are ridiculous. Glad they caught him before he could hurt anyone .

Last edited:
Upvote 0

pescador

Wise old man
Site Supporter
Nov 29, 2011
✟498,844.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Who's to say he's wrong?

Regardless, we can see how there was much more at stake during the 1/6 events than just the dignity of the Capitol.

God does not tell people to commit murder. That is right from Satan.

• Winner
Reactions: cow451
Upvote 0

Larniavc

Leading a blameless life
Jul 14, 2015
✟314,549.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
Man charged in alleged plot to kidnap Michigan governor says God gave him permission to kill

An accused bombmaker identified as a ringleader of an alleged plot to kidnap and harm Gov. Gretchen Whitmer claimed he had permission from God to commit murder and was the national leader of a militia group that rioted at the U.S. Capitol last week, an FBI agent said Wednesday.

Croft is the national leader of the 3 Percenters, a small militia that participated in the Jan. 6 insurgence at the U.S. Capitol, FBI Special Agent Richard Trask said during the hearing,

On Wednesday, they played multiple recordings that included Croft.

“Croft was saying he was granted permission from God to commit murder, correct,” Kessler asked the FBI agent.

“Correct,” Trask said.
Yeah, this is why many people in my country give religious people a wide berth.

Upvote 0

durangodawood

Dis Member
Aug 28, 2007
Colorado
✟431,849.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
God does not tell people to commit murder. That is right from Satan.
Thats a matter of faith obviously. The bomb maker for Trump Christian believes differently.

Upvote 0

Larniavc

Leading a blameless life
Jul 14, 2015
✟314,549.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
Thou shalt not murder,[1] let alone government officials because that is unChrist-like.[2]

There is a VERY big difference between true-believing Christians and those CLAIMING to be true believing Christians. Some may argue this is the 'No True Scotsman' fallacy, I call this, "Putting one's money where their mouths are."
  1. Deut. 5:17, Ex. 20:13
  2. 1 Pet. 2:11-25, Rom. 13:1-14
Problem is this guy and people like that Joseph Kony fella would just as easily argue that you are not a True Christian.

Upvote 0

Larniavc

Leading a blameless life
Jul 14, 2015
✟314,549.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Tinker Grey

Wanderer
Site Supporter
Feb 6, 2002
Erewhon
Visit site
✟930,098.00
Faith
Atheist
So, you're a New Testament Christian, as opposed to an Old Testament Christian.
Erm ... @Larnievc label shows 'atheist'. And it's a quote borrowed, knowingly or not, from Penn Jillette. Penn Jillette Rapes All the Women He Wants To - The Interrobang

That really is the point. The question I get asked by religious people all the time is, without God, what’s to stop me from raping all I want? And my answer is: I do rape all I want. And the amount I want is zero. And I do murder all I want, and the amount I want is zero. The fact that these people think that if they didn’t have this person watching over them that they would go on killing, raping rampages is the most self-damning thing I can imagine. I don’t want to do that. Right now, without any god, I don’t want to jump across this table and strangle you. I have no desire to strangle you.

Upvote 0

MIDutch

Apr 3, 2020
Detroit
✟75,674.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

Nithavela

our world is happy and mundane
Apr 14, 2007
Comb. Pizza Hut and Taco Bell/Jamaica Avenue.
✟492,444.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0